The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 2018-05-23 at 3:01 PM, Captain Azzy said:

I am no NFL fan - but if this kneeling ban came into effect in the NHL, I'd expect 17,000 fans in each arena to kneel together in response. Will NFL fans do anything to support their players?

There seems to be this thought that the players are rich, entitled babies who should just shut up, stand up, and play. Those people will stand no matter what, and it's not a minority either :/

So Pats fans, still think the ESPN article was made-up bs?  At this point I'm starting to wonder if Brady will even show up to the first mandatory mini-camp.

While his teammates are hard at work on the field getting ready for the season, he was busy playing grabass on a pleasure cruiser in Monaco...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

So Pats fans, still think the ESPN article was made-up bs?  At this point I'm starting to wonder if Brady will even show up to the first mandatory mini-camp.

While his teammates are hard at work on the field getting ready for the season, he was busy playing grabass on a pleasure cruiser in Monaco...

He was invited by the Prince (or some form of royalty) of Monaco to come spend the week and take in the race. This had been scheduled forever and he's said from the beginning he'll be at day 1 of mandatory mini camp. 

Now if he skips that, then there's reason for concern. Not when he's not at optional OTA (like many stars around the league) due to a pre planned trip. 

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

He was invited by the Prince (or some form of royalty) of Monaco to come spend the week and take in the race. This had been scheduled forever and he's said from the beginning he'll be at day 1 of mandatory mini camp. 

Now if he skips that, then there's reason for concern. Not when he's not at optional OTA (like many stars around the league) due to a pre planned trip. 

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.  Since you want to make excuses, watch and listen to what a Boston reporter had to say about Brady.  He really is upset with the Patriots.

Listen to the whole interview before coming up with another excuse.  Tom Curran even said that in the past Brady talked about how important it was to go to the OTA's especially when he had one or more new receivers.

Pure and simple, Brady is angry over his contract and he is especially angry about Belichick booting his partner/trainer from the building/sidelines just like ESPN said months ago.

Edited by SabreFan1

10 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.  Since you want to make excuses, watch and listen to what a Boston reporter had to say about Brady.  He really is upset with the Patriots.

Listen to the whole interview before coming up with another excuse.  Tom Curran even said that in the past Brady talked about how important it was to go to the OTA's especially when he had one or more new receivers.

Pure and simple, Brady is angry over his contract and he is especially angry about Belichick booting his partner/trainer from the building/sidelines just like ESPN said months ago.

I hope pro football talk hit their advertising revenue benchmarks for this quarter. I don't really care though. The guy has given the franchise 19 years of his life and 5 championships and has the same receiver core more or less coming back. No one besides media heads who need to promote their own brand through garnering attention cares that a 40 year old accepted a Royal invitation to spend a week in Monaco. Real fans care more about how the new guys are looking at these voluntary practices and how Jules' knee is looking. Skip all summer for all I care, he'll still put up similar numbers to last year. 

13 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Saw that on Sportscenter last night. Pretty impressive catch actually...

As far as training camp goes, Brady is kind of like Trump: he can really do no wrong in the eyes of his supporters. The difference is, Brady has actually done something to deserve that leeway....

20 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Saw that on Sportscenter last night. Pretty impressive catch actually...

As far as training camp goes, Brady is kind of like Trump: he can really do no wrong in the eyes of his supporters. The difference is, Brady has actually done something to deserve that leeway....

I'm not taking my main shots at Brady.  Just the bandwagon Patriot fans who were up in arms over the ESPN story which turned out to be incredibly true.  Crying to the heavens that ESPN was making up the story for views and attention.  I was going to mock the Pats fans here when Brady first started skipping OTA's, but I completely forgot until yesterday when I saw the news about that Monaco tweet.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I hope pro football talk hit their advertising revenue benchmarks for this quarter. I don't really care though. The guy has given the franchise 19 years of his life and 5 championships and has the same receiver core more or less coming back. No one besides media heads who need to promote their own brand through garnering attention cares that a 40 year old accepted a Royal invitation to spend a week in Monaco. Real fans care more about how the new guys are looking at these voluntary practices and how Jules' knee is looking. Skip all summer for all I care, he'll still put up similar numbers to last year. 

How else would PFT make money?  Advertising is the reason why we get free television stations and free internet sites. :wacko:

19 years ago, Brady was getting ready for his senior year in Michigan.

Like the Boston reporter Mike Florio interviewed said, Brady still has new people this year that he has to develop some chemistry with even if it's only 2 or 3.  Poor Hoyer is throwing hundreds of passes a day in OTA's.  I'm sure the other 2 aren't far behind since they are one QB down.

Kraft better pry open the checkbook a little farther for his "son".

Brady wants Belichick gone.  Kraft is going to have to choose between the two of them after this season.  Brady's wife wants him to quit and Brady is unhappy in New England.  That means that either Brady will retire or go play for another team if things remain the same.  My money is on retiring.  After that, the party is over and the rapid fall of the Patriots will begin.  I'm betting Kraft is regretting big time that he forced Belichick to trade Garoppolo right about now.  I don't think the QB they picked up in the 7th round will cut it as Brady's replacement.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm not taking my main shots at Brady.  Just the bandwagon Patriot fans who were up in arms over the ESPN story which turned out to be incredibly true.  Crying to the heavens that ESPN was making up the story for views and attention.  I was going to mock the Pats fans here when Brady first started skipping OTA's, but I completely forgot until yesterday when I saw the news about that Monaco tweet.

Hey, don't get me wrong, Sabre...I'm always up for some mocking of Pats fans...B)

• Cheers 2

51 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

How else would PFT make money?  Advertising is the reason why we get free television stations and free internet sites. :wacko:

Like the Boston reporter Mike Florio interviewed said, Brady still has new people this year that he has to develop some chemistry with even if it's only 2 or 3.  Poor Hoyer is throwing hundreds of passes a day in OTA's.  I'm sure the other 2 aren't far behind since they are one QB down.

Brady wants Belichick gone.  Kraft is going to have to choose between the two of them after this season.  Brady's wife wants him to quit and Brady is unhappy in New England.  That means that either Brady will retire or go play for another team if things remain the same.  My money is on retiring.  After that, the party is over and the rapid fall of the Patriots will begin.  I'm betting Kraft is regretting big time that he forced Belichick to trade Garoppolo right about now.  I don't think the QB they picked up in the 7th round will cut it as Brady's replacement.

I think that's why McDaniels burned the Colts to stay with NE, he's the Patriots contingency plan.

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Pat haters are far more vocal and annoying than Pat fans, or Pat bandwagon fans as you probably think of me asB).  Brady may be cocky, but I remember a certain team in the early 90's that wrote the book on cockiness, they also wrote the book on choking.  The Buffalo Nills.  That's ok, I like a good ribbing, and at least you aren't calling TB12 a pedophile like a certain Eagles fans:P

I wouldn't say I am looking forward to when TB12 hangs them up, that would be absurd, but winning can get a little boring from time to time.  I am anxious to see who will take the reigns, possibly next year.  I don't think the Pats will enter a Buffalo like free fall though, I think Kraft lets his son(s) take over one day and hopefully they continue the level of excellence from the GM down to the waterboy. 

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

You sure are more concerned about our team than yours. Not a single Pats fan who has an IQ above 50 is worried, yet you seem overly concerned. Shouldn't your main concern be if you can beat out the NYJ for 3rd in the division?

Been waiting for this so call "decline" for years now. Yawn. Next? 

The Pats have stockpiled a bunch of picks in the top 3 rounds for next year, especially considering projected compensatory picks. They'll be fine. I don't think you will though. 

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Pat haters are far more vocal and annoying than Pat fans, or Pat bandwagon fans as you probably think of me asB).  Brady may be cocky, but I remember a certain team in the early 90's that wrote the book on cockiness, they also wrote the book on choking.  The Buffalo Nills.  That's ok, I like a good ribbing, and at least you aren't calling TB12 a pedophile like a certain Eagles fans:P

I wouldn't say I am looking forward to when TB12 hangs them up, that would be absurd, but winning can get a little boring from time to time.  I am anxious to see who will take the reigns, possibly next year.  I don't think the Pats will enter a Buffalo like free fall though, I think Kraft lets his son(s) take over one day and hopefully they continue the level of excellence from the GM down to the waterboy. 

To be honest, I forgot you were a Pats fan.  I only occasionally visit the NFL thread during the off-season.  If you were a fan all the way through their 10 year Super Bowl "drought" then you most likely aren't a bandwagoner.

The early 90's Bills were schizophrenic.  One year they would bicker at each other over everything and anything and the next they were fine, then the next they were somewhere in between.  They were a great team nonetheless.  I wouldn't trade all 4 of those SB losses for one win.  I don't know if a team will ever again go to 4 in a row.

Why are people calling Brady a pedo?  The guy has his own children that he adores.  I've never hated Brady to be honest.  As much grief as we give him when he comes to Buffalo, he's never said one bad thing about us in 18 years.  And he's even gotten 2 or 3 smiley faced dildos tossed his way during games.

I can't wait until he retires though.  He's the biggest reason the Bills had a 17 year playoff drought.  As far as I'm concerned, he passed Montana as GOAT after his SB 51 win.  I watched Montana do things in the 80's that were amazing, but I also watched Brady do many of those same things but with lesser receivers.

If the Patriots don't have a replacement heir apparent for Brady before he goes, New England will fall fast and hard.  They won't stay mediocre for as long as the Bills were, but they will be exposed.

8 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

You sure are more concerned about our team than yours. Not a single Pats fan who has an IQ above 50 is worried, yet you seem overly concerned. Shouldn't your main concern be if you can beat out the NYJ for 3rd in the division?

Been waiting for this so call "decline" for years now. Yawn. Next? 

The Pats have stockpiled a bunch of picks in the top 3 rounds for next year, especially considering projected compensatory picks. They'll be fine. I don't think you will though. 

I keep close tabs on all 3 opposing teams from the AFC East.  I actually probably know more about the Dolphins than I do the Patriots.  The Jets bore me too much so out of all 4 teams, I know the least about them.

The decline I'm waiting for won't happen until Brady is gone.  I was concerned that Garoppolo may become the next Bills killer, but Kraft foolishly took care of that problem last season.  Belichick won't be around long enough to coach up the next good QB New England gets and I'm not concerned about Belichick's replacement.

You have no idea how the Bills will do this season.  Nobody does.  McCarron and Allen are unknown quantities and former Bills QB Jack Kemp has a better chance than Peterman does at starting for the Bills and Kemp passed away several years ago. 

You're just pi*sy because I'm calling out the Golden Boy and the legion of Patsy bandwagoners. B)

The Patriots will be spending half or more of those picks to trade up in the first round to get a QB.  If Belichick chooses poorly, he won't be around long enough to try again before he gets fired or retires.

Edited by SabreFan1

11 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Hey now let's not open that can of worms again...:lol:

20 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Hmmmm....I don't know, Tre....you guys are pretty annoying....B)

And the "Nills"? Really? See that's why we can't stand Pats fans.....no imagination....

30 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Hmmmm....I don't know, Tre....you guys are pretty annoying....B)

And the "Nills"? Really? See that's why we can't stand Pats fans.....no imagination....

Nills is gold, pure gold coated in platinum.

Also HE STARTED IT:ph34r:

13 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I keep close tabs on all 3 opposing teams from the AFC East.  I actually probably know more about the Dolphins than I do the Patriots.  The Jets bore me too much so out of all 4 teams, I know the least about them.

The decline I'm waiting for won't happen until Brady is gone.  I was concerned that Garoppolo may become the next Bills killer, but Kraft foolishly took care of that problem last season.  Belichick won't be around long enough to coach up the next good QB New England gets and I'm not concerned about Belichick's replacement.

You have no idea how the Bills will do this season.  Nobody does.  McCarron and Allen are unknown quantities and former Bills QB Jack Kemp has a better chance than Peterman does at starting for the Bills and Kemp passed away several years ago. 

You're just pi*sy because I'm calling out the Golden Boy and the legion of Patsy bandwagoners. B)

The Patriots will be spending half or more of those picks to trade up in the first round to get a QB.  If Belichick chooses poorly, he won't be around long enough to try again before he gets fired or retires.

If 'calling out' these days means criticizing a 5 time champion and reigning MVP for accepting an invite to spend a week in Monaco with royalty instead of attend optional practices for the 17th year in a row, that's pretty damn good. 

The Bills are finishing behind NE and MIA, I'll put money on it. Though that probably explains why you're more interested in our team than your own, your season's already over in terms of meaningful games.

• Upvote 1