The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

14 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

If 'calling out' these days means criticizing a 5 time champion and reigning MVP for accepting an invite to spend a week in Monaco with royalty instead of attend optional practices for the 17th year in a row, that's pretty damn good. 

The Bills are finishing behind NE and MIA, I'll put money on it. Though that probably explains why you're more interested in our team than your own, your season's already over in terms of meaningful games.

2b7roe.jpg

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

joker-clap.gif?resize=448,448

You should have known that I was baiting any Patriots fan that I could.  They are the Canuck fans of the football world, times ten, when it comes to criticism. :lol:

I just wish that one of the Patriot bandwagoners would have responded.  It would have much more satisfying.  Maybe I'll luck out and one of them will see my posts.  Although I seem to remember that a few got banned a year or two ago.

23 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You should have known that I was baiting any Patriots fan that I could.  They are the Canuck fans of the football world, times ten, when it comes to criticism. :lol:

I just wish that one of the Patriot bandwagoners would have responded.  It would have much more satisfying.  Maybe I'll luck out and one of them will see my posts.  Although I seem to remember that a few got banned a year or two ago.

The main one did get banned :( He was a riot. He tried coming back under a different name but immediately lost his cool again :lol:

• Haha 1

So a question. What if black players held one hand up as a peace/v for victory sign during the national anthem?

Would that be offensive? 

Would the NFL fine teams and players or suspend them for that. After all they are standing. 

Asking for peace would probably be more productive and send a message with a more positive spin.

Or would the No Fun League find that too progressive and not conservative enough?

s-l300-2.jpg

On 5/29/2018 at 1:00 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Is there something that I haven't heard about with Brady?  @NucksPatsFanwas saying that someone was calling him a pedo?

He kisses his kids on the mouth, which growing up I saw a lot of my white friends' parents do to them (while they were still under the age of 13). Thought it was just a normal thing but apparently it was a bigger news story than the super bowl it self. 

48 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

He kisses his kids on the mouth, which growing up I saw a lot of my white friends' parents do to them (while they were still under the age of 13). Thought it was just a normal thing but apparently it was a bigger news story than the super bowl it self. 

That's ridiculous.  I've seen plenty of people over the years kiss their kids on the lips.  At a certain age it becomes creepy, but not when they're still very young.

21 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's ridiculous.  I've seen plenty of people over the years kiss their kids on the lips.  At a certain age it becomes creepy, but not when they're still very young.

You mean like Belichick kissing his adult daughter on the lips or Brady his dad?:P

Man I took some heat for the cheating and smack I talked about Brady and his kids relationship.

Apparently I was not in the minority of people uncomfortable..

Besides when a so called :goat: kisses or gets kissed is that not bestiality then?:lol::ph34r:

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

You mean like Belichick kissing his adult daughter on the lips or Brady his dad?:P

Man I took some heat for the cheating and smack I talked about Brady and his kids relationship.

Apparently I was not in the minority of people uncomfortable..

Besides when a so called :goat: kisses or gets kissed is that not bestiality then?:lol::ph34r:

At a certain age lip kissing becomes weird but it's cute if a father/mother kisses their young kids. 

As for Belichick, maybe they prefer "to keep it in the family". :lol:   As long as they don't reproduce and weaken the gene pool, what two consenting adults do.....

On 5/29/2018 at 9:38 AM, SabreFan1 said:

Here's the thing - us long time Pats fans have thicker skin as we have had very little to cheer about until Brady came along.  

Funny how a little success brings out the worst in others - I just don't get it.

Myself, I don't give a rat's you know what about how successful another team is - I only care about my teams.

Canucks, Bombers, Patriots since the mid 70's.

I would have thought that you, of all people here (being a Sabres fan) would get that as your team is in the same boat - no cup - yet.

32 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Here's the thing - us long time Pats fans have thicker skin as we have had very little to cheer about until Brady came along.  

Funny how a little success brings out the worst in others - I just don't get it.

Myself, I don't give a rat's you know what about how successful another team is - I only care about my teams.

Canucks, Bombers, Patriots since the mid 70's.

I would have thought that you, of all people here (being a Sabres fan) would get that as your team is in the same boat - no cup - yet.

Yes, but people keep forgetting that I'm a bit of a prick.  I like to pick on people occasionally.  Pats bandwagon fans, 90% of which are incredibly thin skinned, are the easiest to catch after chumming the waters.  Unfortunately the bandwagoners got themselves banned a year or two ago.

Fortunately 50% of long time hardcore fans are just as thin-skinned as the bandwagoners.  The odds beared that out here.  I was able to reel in 1 of the 2 hardcore Pats fans left on CDC.

The Bills lost 4 Superbowls in a row.  I quickly learned to take it in stride.  If you remember, after they lost two, nobody wanted to see them in the Superbowl again.  I reveled in the fact that the Bills were p*ssing off the entire country by going back again.

That's when the acronym Boy I Love Losing Superbowls came into being among other jokes that I laughed at.  Such as this one in Futurama where they shoot the Superbowl losers into space every year:

The-Simpsons-Season-26-Episode-6-50-27e4

As long as you don't have a mangina you can take shots at your team in stride.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Yes, but people keep forgetting that I'm a bit of a prick.  I like to pick on people occasionally.  Pats bandwagon fans, 90% of which are incredibly thin skinned, are the easiest to catch after chumming the waters.  Unfortunately the bandwagoners got themselves banned a year or two ago.

Fortunately 50% of long time hardcore fans are just as thin-skinned as the bandwagoners.  The odds beared that out here.  I was able to reel in 1 of the 2 hardcore Pats fans left on CDC.

The Bills lost 4 Superbowls in a row.  I quickly learned to take it in stride.  If you remember, after they lost two, nobody wanted to see them in the Superbowl again.  I reveled in the fact that the Bills were p*ssing off the entire country by going back again.

That's when the acronym Boy I Love Losing Superbowls came into being among other jokes that I laughed at.  Such as this one in Futurama where they shoot the Superbowl losers into space every year:

The-Simpsons-Season-26-Episode-6-50-27e4

As long as you don't have a mangina you can take shots at your team in stride.

At the end of the day, we're defending large businesses who don't give a rats ass about us:lol: