The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

21 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Ever considered maybe the women in those cases didn't care if they had unprotected or not and maybe wanted to bear children knowing that these rich athletes will be the ones paying the child support? Either that or the ladies didn't allow them to pull out?

Good point. They should know better though. Can't turn a hoe into a housewife. When you are a famous pro athlete with money and status you are bound to attract the gold diggers in the bars and strip and night clubs you frequent. You are a target you need to be aware of your surroundings and how a situation might play out.

Instead of having hook ups with multiple women when on the road find 1 chick and stay loyal or at the very least if you are messing around be smart about it. Keep it on the down low don't leave a trail in the DM or send nude pics or videos.

Heck with all the money athletes have they could pay for a good clean high class prostitute and use a condom it would still be better than hooking up with some of these other random typical ratchets they find on tinder and the clubs and bars who might have an STD and are looking to trap them for child support.

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Good point. They should know better though. Can't turn a hoe into a housewife. When you are a famous pro athlete with money and status you are bound to attract the gold diggers in the bars and strip and night clubs you frequent. You are a target you need to be aware of your surroundings and how a situation might play out.

Instead of having hook ups with multiple women when on the road find 1 chick and stay loyal or at the very least if you are messing around be smart about it. Keep it on the down low don't leave a trail in the DM or send nude pics or videos.

Heck with all the money athletes have they could pay for a good clean high class prostitute and use a condom it would still be better than hooking up with some of these other random typical ratchets they find on tinder and the clubs and bars who might have an STD and are looking to trap them for child support.

Ever been around a famous athlete? They're like magnets for some women. When supermodels are throwing themselves at you, it's difficult to say no. I've seen athletes get caught up like that too many times. 

James Harden does it right though. He makes any woman he's with sign an agreement stating all the terms he wants. 

Edited by Van40
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Van40 said:

James Harden does it right though. He makes any woman he's with sign an agreement stating all the terms he wants. 

I've tried this, apparently it works better if you're rich. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Van40 said:

Ever been around a famous athlete? They're like magnets for some women. When supermodels are throwing themselves at you, it's difficult to say no. I've seen athletes get caught up like that too many times. 

Is there an article about this? That sounds awesome hahah

40 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Well slap my ass and call me sally, neither Gronk nor Brady will be hold outs.. Who could've predicted this? (besides every sane person who didn't buy the espn BS) 

Sup Sally ;)

also didn't buy they'd hold out either. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Well slap my ass and call me sally, neither Gronk nor Brady will be hold outs.. Who could've predicted this? (besides every sane person who didn't buy the espn BS) 

Someone actually though Brady would hold out? You could try to make a case for Gronk, but seriously... 

• Upvote 1

I can really see the Bengals going 10-6 and getting a wild card, but I’m wondering if we could push 11-5. This is what I have for a 10-6 record:

Wk 1 @Colts: W

Wk 2 VS Ravens: W

Wk 3 @ Panthers: W

Wk 4 @ Falcons: L

Wk 5 VS Dolphins: W

Wk 6 VS Steelers: W

Wk 7 @ Chiefs: L

Wk 8 VS Buccaneers: W

Wk 10 VS Saints: L

Wk 11 @ Ravens: L

Wk 12 VS Browns: W

Wk 13 VS Broncos: W

Wk 14 @ Chargers: L

Wk 15 VS Raiders: W

Wk 16 @ Browns: W

Wk 17 @ Steelers: L

5 hours ago, Pears said:

I can really see the Bengals going 10-6 and getting a wild card, but I’m wondering if we could push 11-5. This is what I have for a 10-6 record:

I have the Eagles going 10-6 barring injuries of course.

Much harder schedule this year and shorter offseason while going from the under the radar underdogs to the hunted as the top dogs.

54 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I have the Eagles going 10-6 barring injuries of course.

Much harder schedule this year and shorter offseason while going from the under the radar underdogs to the hunted as the top dogs.

Yea that’s totally understandable. Although a healthy Wentz and that defense should be able to get it done. 

8 hours ago, Pears said:

One of the Ravens or Bengals are going to have a miserable year. Just got a feeling. With the Browns improving, someone's gotta fall. 

Fingers crossed it's Cincy lol

3 minutes ago, Van40 said:

One of the Ravens or Bengals are going to have a miserable year. Just got a feeling. With the Browns improving, someone's gotta fall. 

Fingers crossed it's Cincy lol

Steelers are gonna drop off, especially if Bell sits out. Browns are still the Browns until proven otherwise. I’ll probably stick with my 10-6 prediction. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Steelers are gonna drop off, especially if Bell sits out. Browns are still the Browns until proven otherwise. I’ll probably stick with my 10-6 prediction. 

Bell would have to be an idiot to sit out.  He'd never be able to make back the money that he would lose in wages and fines.

*edit* Just looked.  Can't believe that he still hasn't signed the $14.5 Million Tag contract.  A playoff team willing to pay him top dollar.  He should put pen to paper.  Greedy idiot.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pears said:

What was your prediction before last season?  Did you think that they were going to go 7-9?

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

What was your prediction before last season?  Did you think that they were going to go 7-9?

Honestly I can’t remember. But adding Glenn and Price to the offensive line will be massive for us. If Eifert stays healthy and if Ross gets significant playing time they’ll be huge for the offense. 

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

Honestly I can’t remember. But adding Glenn and Price to the offensive line will be massive for us. If Eifert stays healthy and if Ross gets significant playing time they’ll be huge for the offense. 

The problem that I have with trying to guess the Bengals' record before the season is Andy Dalton.  He's a middle of the road starting QB.  I think he's as good now as he's ever going to get.  If he has a good year, the Bengals can sneak into the playoffs.  If he is the least bit streaky or he has a less than average year, the Bengals are boned.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The problem that I have with trying to guess the Bengals' record before the season is Andy Dalton.  He's a middle of the road starting QB.  I think he's as good now as he's ever going to get.  If he has a good year, the Bengals can sneak into the playoffs.  If he is the least bit streaky or he has a less than average year, the Bengals are boned.

Yeah Dalton likely isn’t going to get better, but he’s a quarterback that if he gets protection and has a decent enough offense, he can get the job done. The run game will almost certainly be improved as well with Glenn and Price, which will help.