The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Yeah but this years toques looked far better than anything that's come out the last few years

It was the first year New Era had the contract. They signed a 5 year deal with them that began last year.

They're usually really good with their products (see MLB), so I expect nice toques next year too.

Nice to see Ed Reed finally get a ring. 49ers will be back next year with a more experienced Kaepernick.

Anquan Boldin may not be the fastest guy but he is probably the most physical wr in the league. He just goes up and gets the ball. Would love if Eagles signed him if Ravens think he is too expensive to keep.

For those people in the CDC NFL hockey pool we have going on yahoo, why aren't you guys playing? Did you all take a look at my team and decide it wasn't even worth it? (just a reminder, I drafted LAST)

Seriously, if you're going to take up a spot in a pool, it's pretty dickish to say "I don't like my team" and quit at the start of the season

you're all a bunch of Tacos

Edited by GodzillaDeuce

• 3 weeks later...

Flacco now highest paid player in NFL history

Joe Flacco and Ravens agreed to a six-year contract in excess of $120 million that makes him the highest paid player in NFL history.

So Joe Flacco is now the highest-paid player in NFL history...until the Packers get their deal done with @AaronRodgers12.

• 2 weeks later...

Anquan Boldin gets dealt to San Fran.

I am a big Broncos fan and my favorite qb is Manning but this embodies the difference between Brady and the Flacco/manning.

Brady takes less so the team can be competitive and sign his best friend Welker.

On the other hand Manning doesnt restructure his deal so my team cam be more competitive and we are stuck in a cap conundrum where we will have to release star (overpaid) linebacker elvis dumervil

Flacco does the same thing where he gets the richest deal in NFL history, wants Boldin to stay but doesnt take less so Boldin will stay.

I hate the Pats and there fan base but I do respect Brady and this is another example why. While Baltimore has to lose a star receiver, the Pats wont because there main man is taking less.

Edited by canuckbeliever
  • Upvote 3

Anquan Boldin gets dealt to San Fran.

I am a big Broncos fan and my favorite qb is Manning but this embodies the difference between Brady and the Flacco/manning.

Brady takes less so the team can be competitive and sign his best friend Welker.

On the other hand Manning doesnt restructure his deal so my team cam be more competitive and we are stuck in a cap conundrum where we will have to release star (overpaid) linebacker elvis dumervil

Flacco does the same thing where he gets the richest deal in NFL history, wants Boldin to stay but doesnt take less so Boldin will stay.

I hate the Pats and there fan base but I do respect Brady and this is another example why. While Baltimore has to lose a star receiver, the Pats wont because there main man is taking less.

This is a good read. Thank you for posting this. I am also a fan of guys who take slightly less than their worth so they can keep their core group intact.

• Upvote 1