The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Green Bay coaching staff again messed up.   On Seattle's  winning drive, the replay clearly show Lockett's catch touching the ground, thereby making it an incomplete pass.  Not choosing to challenge cost GB's loss tonight.    Furthermore, with about 4 minutes to go GB did not go for it on 4 and 2 near their own forty.  Everyone know Seattle is great in last few minutes of any game so the chances of getting the ball back was slim, especially with only 1 timeout left.   The difference between McCarthy and someone like NE's Belichick is obvious.  Belichick would have gone for it.

2 hours ago, DonLever said:

Green Bay coaching staff again messed up.   On Seattle's  winning drive, the replay clearly show Lockett's catch touching the ground, thereby making it an incomplete pass.  Not choosing to challenge cost GB's loss tonight.    Furthermore, with about 4 minutes to go GB did not go for it on 4 and 2 near their own forty.  Everyone know Seattle is great in last few minutes of any game so the chances of getting the ball back was slim, especially with only 1 timeout left.   The difference between McCarthy and someone like NE's Belichick is obvious.  Belichick would have gone for it.

Even if Belichick didn't go for it, he would've challenged the catch. That's a huge blunder on McCarthy and his staff up in the box for not challenging that catch

8 hours ago, gurn said:

did GB have anytime outs left and do you have to have one left, to toss a challenge flag in the NFL?

You need atleast one time out to challenge before the 2 min warning, after the 2 min warning its the officials review

But you can clearly see Rodgers is not happy with McCarthys play calling lately, one bright spot was that Aaron Jones is the clear cut RB1 now, they have to ride the rock, Jones is their spark to the offense and McCarthy doesnt see it still ..smh.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gurn said:

did GB have anytime outs left and do you have to have one left, to toss a challenge flag in the NFL?

They had 1 left, and yes.

I mean I understand why McCarthy didn't throw it, given the TO situation. I think the whole situation is overblown tbh. I think the ball hit the ground, but on tape you don't see it hitting the ground. It would have been an interesting decision because it needs to be indisputable

8 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I mean I understand why McCarthy didn't throw it, given the TO situation. I think the whole situation is overblown tbh. I think the ball hit the ground, but on tape you don't see it hitting the ground. It would have been an interesting decision because it needs to be indisputable

What tape are you watching?

1.jpg.b493746a7e88a2b2d510fc50b8ed4665.jpg

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Pretty sure I recall Pereira being confused as to why it wasn't challenged and that if it was challenged it would be reversed.

Correct. 

I understand being scared with one timeout left, but you can't coach scared. The game doesn't end with a failed challenge either, but I understand that it's easier to coach from a couch than in Seattle.

On 2018-11-16 at 11:17 AM, ReggieBush said:

Anytime you think it could be questionable, you challenge it. The challenge can act like a timeout anyways. Get your team settled down and focused.