The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Hernandez was arrested this morning. Patriots announced they have released him.

Very admirable by the Pats, that is the right thing to do. Scary for Pats fan though, with the likely hood of Gronk missing the season opener that is their top 5 receiver from last year no longer on the team... with Amedola who is often hurt as the only player brought in..

27 NFlers arrested this offseason so far.  The league, the PA and the teams really need to get their acts together and find some way to fix this problem.

There is a database out there of all the arrests since 2000, I saw it this morning. To be fair of those 27, 3 were Titus Young who isn't really in the NFL and has proven himself to be crazy.. 1 of them was the Chad Johnson inccident, which to me is ridiculous, and I really wonder how that judge has a job... there are also a lot of them were either drunk in public, DWI's, and other lesser charges.

Not saying that this should be tolerable, in fact it is unexceptable and something should be done about this problem. I just don't know what the teams or the PA can do. Every team already has a service where no matter where you are, no matter what time it is, if you call a number someone will come and drive you and your car home. Yet there was probably 10-15 arrest this year for DWIs.

Unless they try to implement a 3 strikes and your out of the NFL policy, which the NFLPA would probably strike over, I don't know how they try to fix this issue

Edited by pdc

• 1 month later...

According to skip bayless Seattle will disappoint this season

Losing Harvin for 3-4 months certainly isn't going to help. Though I feel you can put the 49ers in that boat as well, seeing how everyone either has Seattle or 49ers as SB champs its not hard to disapoint if those are the expectations.

Who do you guys have as biggest surprise team of the year(good or bad)

I know it's just training camp, but hearing that Jake Locker has looked good and same with Kendall Wright.

Titans also improved the O-line, so hopefully they can stay healthy and it should help CJ's game. Hopefully they surprise in a good way.

Losing Harvin for 3-4 months certainly isn't going to help. Though I feel you can put the 49ers in that boat as well, seeing how everyone either has Seattle or 49ers as SB champs its not hard to disapoint if those are the expectations.

Who do you guys have as biggest surprise team of the year(good or bad)

The Eagles are going to be awful again this year which will cause shock and horror in ESPN land.

The Eagles are going to be awful again this year which will cause shock and horror in ESPN land.

I could see that, probably be a quarterback carousel there. Though I bet they approve compared to last year.

My guess would be the Donkeys. Their defence is way too overated and already are going through a lot of injuries. They might make a wildcard spot.

Them and the fins, they spent a whole bunch of money and didn't get a lot better. Still have a huge whole LT, some good wallace will do if you don't have time to throw him the ball.