The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Just now, c00kies said:

YESSS!!!!!

Clutch plays and a lucky miss there. The penalty by Bennett almost cost us this game.

There were other plays like the big 2 point conversion miss and the missed opportunities on both sides I'm sure.

Reminds me of last year vs the Falcons except even more dramatic.

20 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I'm good bruh. My team will always have shot at a Super Bowl as long as RW3 is the QB. Your team as a long as Mitch Trubisky is your QB, will never win one. At least not in this era. Neither will Dallas or LAR.

Every team has a shot of winning.

Bears vs Eagles:  A very close game that could gone either way.  Both teams, especially the two defences, played well.  It came down to the last seconds of the game where a 43 yd. field goal hit a upright and the cross beam.  Trubisky in his first playoff game acquitted himself very well.  Trubisky is a star of the present and of the future.  Great future ahead for him.  As for Foles, he deserve a starting QB job somewhere in the NFL.  He is too good to be always a backup.

A word of advice to the Bears:  Get new field goal kicker.  Cody Parkey missed 10 field goals in the regular season, the 2nd highest missed in the NFL.  That is terrible where games are often decided by less than 3 points.

Chargers vs Ravens:  Closer game than should it should be.   Score was 23 to 3 with 5 minutes left but the Chargers seem to play softer, letting the Ravens to score 2 touchdowns within minutes of each other.  Basically, a team should never let up no matter what the score is.  The Chargers had a better record and they showed it and they should have gotten way more points than they did.  The Ravens defense did play well, holding the Chargers to 4 field goals in the first half.

Philip Rivers is a 16 year veteran and his experience showed when he outplayed Lamar Jackson who is started his 1st playoff game.   Lamar Jackson is the youngest playoff QB at age 22 and at times showed his nervousness.   When the Ravens were far behind some fans called for QB Joe Flacco to take over.   Even announcers said maybe Flacco should have come off the bench.  Interesting off season for the Ravens QB situation.  Will the Ravens keep Jackson and get rid of Flacco who has a big contract.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, c00kies said:

So apparently that kick was tipped a bit, which makes it even crazier.

It was Trevon Hester, a backup DT they got off waivers. Amazing how this team continues to fight with so many starters and key players out.

More impressive than last season IMO, where they still had a strong 3 headed RB rotation with Blount,Ajayi, and Clement to lean on.

How do they upset the Saints who are favored by 9 points, already at home, where they haven't lost a playoff game in over 25 years?

If Foles pulls this off he can never be questioned as the greatest backup qb of all time.

But he already has proven a ton regardless and is a legend. Can he write another chapter in this magical story?

Have to remember the Eagles are without their 2 best RBs and haven't had a strong running game at all the whole year.  Playing with 4 backups in the secondary and depleted on the DL with injuries to depth pieces.

Also they have been trying to create big plays without a true deep threat speed wide receiver all year.

I really hope Mike Wallace can play this week. He could be the Eagles secret weapon against the Saints. They need all the bodies they can get.

2 hours ago, DonLever said:

Bears vs Eagles:  A very close game that could gone either way.  Both teams, especially the two defences, played well.  It came down to the last seconds of the game where a 43 yd. field goal hit a upright and the cross beam.  Trubisky in his first playoff game acquitted himself very well.  Trubisky is a star of the present and of the future.  Great future ahead for him.  As for Foles, he deserve a starting QB job somewhere in the NFL.  He is too good to be always a backup.

A word of advice to the Bears:  Get new field goal kicker.  Cody Parkey missed 10 field goals in the regular season, the 2nd highest missed in the NFL.  That is terrible where games are often decided by less than 3 points.

Chargers vs Ravens:  Closer game than should it should be.   Score was 23 to 3 with 5 minutes left but the Chargers seem to play softer, letting the Ravens to score 2 touchdowns within minutes of each other.  Basically, a team should never let up no matter what the score is.  The Chargers had a better record and they showed it and they should have gotten way more points than they did.  The Ravens defense did play well, holding the Chargers to 4 field goals in the first half.

Philip Rivers is a 16 year veteran and his experience showed when he outplayed Lamar Jackson who is started his 1st playoff game.   Lamar Jackson is the youngest playoff QB at age 22 and at times showed his nervousness.   When the Ravens were far behind some fans called for QB Joe Flacco to take over.   Even announcers said maybe Flacco should have come off the bench.  Interesting off season for the Ravens QB situation.  Will the Ravens keep Jackson and get rid of Flacco who has a big contract.

Solid summary of today's games. Trubisky reminds me a little of Alex Smith.

Any thoughts on how Eagles can pull the huge upset over the Saints, who just don't lose at home in the playoffs?

16 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

So after the bears kicker missed, why on earth did he point to the heavens as if he made it? 

He secretly still likes the Eagles. He didn't want to miss for his new team, but really didn't want to eliminate his buddies on the Eagles, so he was happy with the way it turned out :p

Predictions for the next round?

I have Colts beating the Chiefs (last time these teams met the Colts came back after injuring half the Chiefs roster)

I have Rams over Dallas, but I could see Dallas stealing this one if they get a lead and continue to feed Zeke.

I have Pats over Chargers.

And I have Saints over Eagles, but it will be much closer than the regular season game (30-20).

• Cheers 1

I will go with...

Eagles over Saints

Cowboys over Rams

Chiefs over Colts

Patriots over Chargers

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

So after the bears kicker missed, why on earth did he point to the heavens as if he made it? 

He also joined players from both teams after the game for prayer on the field before he left. Some players don't just thank God for show.

15 hours ago, DonLever said:

Rivers was sacked once.

Jackson was sacked 7 times.

Chargers rookie kicker hits a 53 yarder.

Best kicker in the league misses a 50 yard fg.

Chargers came prepared and had a gameplan.

Ravens sat on the same formula and didn't adjust. No screens, no easy throws for Lamar, just horrible playcalling overall. Doesn't help when you have a below average recieving core.

Despite all that, Ravens lose in the dying seconds. Not bad considering this team was 4-5 after week 9. Lamar Jackson is the future, Flacco will  be moved 100 percent. 

3 hours ago, c00kies said:

Predictions for the next round?

I have Colts beating the Chiefs (last time these teams met the Colts came back after injuring half the Chiefs roster)

I have Rams over Dallas, but I could see Dallas stealing this one if they get a lead and continue to feed Zeke.

I have Pats over Chargers.

And I have Saints over Eagles, but it will be much closer than the regular season game (30-20).

Picking the Chiefs to win. All in on mvp Mahomes. Colts are scary though. 

Rams over Dallas. Mcvay+Goff > Dak+Jerry

Chargers over Pats. LAC D is super versatile. Fast team. 

Saints over Eagles. Should be a blowout. Saints at home, well rested, will exploit the Eagles soft secondary. 

Super happy the forecast calls for 5 inches of snow and a high of 27 Fahrenheit for when the south California team comes to town. 

James White will win or lose this game is my prediction. He'll be key to minimizing the Chargers D line, Chargers were ranked 31st in defense against passes to running backs yardage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Super happy the forecast calls for 5 inches of snow and a high of 27 Fahrenheit for when the south California team comes to town. 

James White will win or lose this game is my prediction. He'll be key to minimizing the Chargers D line, Chargers were ranked 31st in defense against passes to running backs yardage. 

I think it's going to be like a 24-21 type game.

I don't see how The Pats beat The Chargers. Tom Brady's achilles is pressure and The Chargers have 3 very good pass rushers. Then throw in Rivers being a great QB especially in pressure games and I expect him to put up some points 33pts or so. I am seeing NE with their receiving core putting up 17 max.