Tony Romo

NFL thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I don't see how The Pats beat The Chargers. Tom Brady's achilles is pressure and The Chargers have 3 very good pass rushers. Then throw in Rivers being a great QB especially in pressure games and I expect him to put up some points 33pts or so. I am seeing NE with their receiving core putting up 17 max. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

I don't see how The Pats beat The Chargers. Tom Brady's achilles is pressure and The Chargers have 3 very good pass rushers. Then throw in Rivers being a great QB especially in pressure games and I expect him to put up some points 33pts or so. I am seeing NE with their receiving core putting up 17 max. 

How do you beat pressure? Get rid of the ball quick. Who's the best at getting rid of the ball quick? Brady. 

 

Who is ranked 2nd last in defense against pass catching running backs? Chargers. Who weaponizes running backs in the passing game the most? The Pats. 

 

Both teams have blue prints to beat each other, but the weather is on the Pats side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

How do you beat pressure? Get rid of the ball quick. Who's the best at getting rid of the ball quick? Brady. 

 

Who is ranked 2nd last in defense against pass catching running backs? Chargers. Who weaponizes running backs in the passing game the most? The Pats. 

 

Both teams have blue prints to beat each other, but the weather is on the Pats side. 

The passing game has been brutal this year. Really the only shot NE has is to get the lead early if they have to play from behind and throw the ball deep it is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

The passing game has been brutal this year. Really the only shot NE has is to get the lead early if they have to play from behind and throw the ball deep it is over.

Since when is having a 4000+ yard passer and the 4th ranked offense considered a brutal passing game? If Edelman and Gronk didn't miss the games they did, probably looking at a close to 5000 yard passing season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

How do you beat pressure? Get rid of the ball quick. Who's the best at getting rid of the ball quick? Brady. 

 

Who is ranked 2nd last in defense against pass catching running backs? Chargers. Who weaponizes running backs in the passing game the most? The Pats. 

 

Both teams have blue prints to beat each other, but the weather is on the Pats side. 

That's pressure from outside the tackles.  Do the Charges apply pressure up the middle or from the outside.  I pick the Pats to go the Bowl, but lose there to Drew Brees.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to revisit a year long headline. 

 

People wouldn't shut up about Mack and how Gruden traded away the greatest defensive player ever yet the Bears couldn't even win a playoff game :ph34r:.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Time to revisit a year long headline. 

 

People wouldn't shut up about Mack and how Gruden traded away the greatest defensive player ever yet the Bears couldn't even win a playoff game :ph34r:.

Lol, Mack can't kick FG's. 

 

19 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Since when is having a 4000+ yard passer and the 4th ranked offense considered a brutal passing game?

By Patriots standards that's pretty brutal:lol:.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 12:19 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

How do you beat pressure? Get rid of the ball quick. Who's the best at getting rid of the ball quick? Brady. 

Statistically Brady is actually 7th in the NFL and was 24th last season and 15th in 2016 ;) 

 

Though he usually has time to throw given his O-line has been pretty solid through his career. Some QBs just get rid of it quickly because they have no time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Baka said:

Statistically Brady is actually 7th in the NFL and was 24th last season and 15th in 2016 ;) 

 

Though he usually has time to throw given his O-line has been pretty solid through his career. Some QBs just get rid of it quickly because they have no time.

So he's quicker than the years in which he went to back to back super bowls? I'll take it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Time to revisit a year long headline. 

 

People wouldn't shut up about Mack and how Gruden traded away the greatest defensive player ever yet the Bears couldn't even win a playoff game :ph34r:.

Did the raiders even contend in any games this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Time to revisit a year long headline. 

 

People wouldn't shut up about Mack and how Gruden traded away the greatest defensive player ever yet the Bears couldn't even win a playoff game :ph34r:.

Excellent point.  And what does Mack to for the Raiders other than screw up their draft standing by helping them win a couple more games?  Raiders draft high, and often.  Smart moving trading the guy.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Did the raiders even contend in any games this year

Rebuilding year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Excellent point.  And what does Mack to for the Raiders other than screw up their draft standing by helping them win a couple more games?  Raiders draft high, and often.  Smart moving trading the guy.  

That was a terrible trade, akin to us trading EP40 because we aren't going to make the playoffs this year.  It's ok, I am sure Mike Mayock reporting directly to Gruden will change things around, I wonder if they'll save money and skip hiring a broadcast crew lol? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van40 said:

Rebuilding year?

They had a franchise defensive stud and a #1 WR.. They didn't need to do a full rebuild. Gruden's ego wanted to strip the team and build it with "his type of guys".

 

Wait to see who that 1st round pick turns into and his impact on Oakland before judging the trade. Chicago wins the trade 10 out of 10 times unless they draft a perennial pro bowler 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

They had a franchise defensive stud and a #1 WR.. They didn't need to do a full rebuild. Gruden's ego wanted to strip the team and build it with "his type of guys".

 

Wait to see who that 1st round pick turns into and his impact on Oakland before judging the trade. Chicago wins the trade 10 out of 10 times unless they draft a perennial pro bowler 

Weren't there two firsts? Gotta hope to strike gold on both of them

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

They had a franchise defensive stud and a #1 WR.. They didn't need to do a full rebuild. Gruden's ego wanted to strip the team and build it with "his type of guys".

 

Wait to see who that 1st round pick turns into and his impact on Oakland before judging the trade. Chicago wins the trade 10 out of 10 times unless they draft a perennial pro bowler 

So they should of became the old Detriot Lions? Who were in cap hell with Stafford, Megatron, and Suh? 

 

Raiders were hardly a playoff team with Mack and Cooper. Gruden made the right decision. Even if those draft picks don't pan out, the Raiders will have lots of cap space. Could always trade down and acquire even more ammo in the draft as well. 

 

Rebuild>mediocrity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Excellent point.  And what does Mack to for the Raiders other than screw up their draft standing by helping them win a couple more games?  Raiders draft high, and often.  Smart moving trading the guy.  

This. Moving on from overpaid Carr should be next. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Van40 said:

This. Moving on from overpaid Carr should be next. 

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Gruden drafts a QB within the first two rounds.  Maybe he could get a 2nd for Carr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Gruden drafts a QB within the first two rounds.  Maybe he could get a 2nd for Carr?

Not much for qbs in this draft aside from haskins alf. Better to wait a year or two before making that choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.