The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe better to get one in the later rounds then?  Brady was round 5?  Wilson was round 3?  Could get lucky?

Carr is seviceable till next year. Rather go into vegas with tagovailoa or herbert then try make a gamble with a late rounder. But it is the raiders and who the &^@# knows what they will do. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

They had a franchise defensive stud and a #1 WR.. They didn't need to do a full rebuild. Gruden's ego wanted to strip the team and build it with "his type of guys".

Wait to see who that 1st round pick turns into and his impact on Oakland before judging the trade. Chicago wins the trade 10 out of 10 times unless they draft a perennial pro bowler 

They should be able to boost the dline up in this draft if they do it right. 

On 1/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, c00kies said:

Predictions for the next round?

I have Colts beating the Chiefs (last time these teams met the Colts came back after injuring half the Chiefs roster)

I have Rams over Dallas, but I could see Dallas stealing this one if they get a lead and continue to feed Zeke.

I have Pats over Chargers.

And I have Saints over Eagles, but it will be much closer than the regular season game (30-20).

I have to disagree with you as much as hate to say this. I really think the Cowboys might actually beat the Rams now that they have a legit defence.:sick:

8 hours ago, Van40 said:

Time to revisit a year long headline. 

People wouldn't shut up about Mack and how Gruden traded away the greatest defensive player ever yet the Bears couldn't even win a playoff game :ph34r:.

He got shutdown by the Eagles OL and TE's helping. They had a great gameplan for him.

5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Think the Saints might be motivated 

Screenshot_20190109-124734_Twitter.jpg

Damn now Saints will win for sure?! Have to backup the coach or Payton looks like a huge idiot if they choke now somehow. Fack.

5 hours ago, c00kies said:

Weren't there two firsts? Gotta hope to strike gold on both of them

Let's see if Roseman can convince Gruden to trade both for Foles!! 

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

I have to disagree with you as much as hate to say this. I really think the Cowboys might actually beat the Rams now that they have a legit defence.:sick:

He got shutdown by the Eagles OL and TE's helping. They had a great gameplan for him.

Damn now Saints will win for sure?! Have to backup the coach or Payton looks like a huge idiot if they choke now somehow. Fack.

Let's see if Roseman can convince Gruden to trade both for Foles!! 

If the game was in Dallas, I'd pick Cowboys for sure. If Dallas gets ahead, I could see then using Elliott to control the game.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, c00kies said:

If the game was in Dallas, I'd pick Cowboys for sure. If Dallas gets ahead, I could see then using Elliott to control the game.

La isnt much of a homefield advantage for the rams. Chances are the coliseum is gonna be full of cowboys fans. I would pick the boys in this one.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

Taylor’s worked with McVay and helped turn Goff into what he is right now. I’m failing to see what’s wrong with him. 

Not sold on mcvays boys yet. Personal preference, plus the the andy reid tree has proven it can generate quality coaches. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Isam said:

La isnt much of a homefield advantage for the rams. Chances are the coliseum is gonna be full of cowboys fans. I would pick the boys in this one.

May only be relevant to Goff. His home/away splits are night and day. 22TDs/3INTs and 2737 yards at home to 10TDs/9INTs and 1951 yards on the road.

19 minutes ago, Baka said:

May only be relevant to Goff. His home/away splits are night and day. 22TDs/3INTs and 2737 yards at home to 10TDs/9INTs and 1951 yards on the road.

No kupp and gurley isnt a hundred percent, this game is slanting more to the cowboys then some will admit and i hate the cowboys. 

Kupp is hardly a new development he only played 8 games this season and the offense average wise was scoring just as much with him out. We will see how Gurley looks but that also doesn't look like a big deal ether. He was a full participant at the last practice and is off the injury report. Cowboys defense is great but their offense isn't exactly a beacon of consistency. I think it's a good match up but I don't see it as slanted in the Cowboys favor. Personally I would prefer the Cowboys win but I don't see the advantage some people seem to think they have.

9 hours ago, Baka said:

Kupp is hardly a new development he only played 8 games this season and the offense average wise was scoring just as much with him out. We will see how Gurley looks but that also doesn't look like a big deal ether. He was a full participant at the last practice and is off the injury report. Cowboys defense is great but their offense isn't exactly a beacon of consistency. I think it's a good match up but I don't see it as slanted in the Cowboys favor. Personally I would prefer the Cowboys win but I don't see the advantage some people seem to think they have.

Maybe. We shall see. That is why football is so much fun. It can make any of us look like fools from week to week.

13 hours ago, Pears said:

Taylor’s worked with McVay and helped turn Goff into what he is right now. I’m failing to see what’s wrong with him. 

Thoughts on a position coach going straight into a HC position on a veteran-ish team in a win-now mode? (your best player is getting old and injuries are becoming more regular for him.

Not saying the move is good or bad, just curious to hear your thoughts. 

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Thoughts on a position coach going straight into a HC position on a veteran-ish team in a win-now mode? (your best player is getting old and injuries are becoming more regular for him.

Not saying the move is good or bad, just curious to hear your thoughts. 

I personally would’ve preferred Bienimey, but if Taylor’s learned from McVay that will be a massive boost to our offense. 

And speaking of offense, this is pretty substantial. 

Did Mike Brown have a realization today???

Edited by Pears

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Dolphins are desperate and reaching for Flores to pan out as a successful Belichick decipel. He's made many questionable decisions this year as the LB coach / Defensive play caller. He'd have been a much better HC candidate in 2-3 seasons

They are probably hoping he is the next Mike Tomlin. Young black position coach with a fiery personality to be a leader of men.

Dolphins GM IIRC correctly is the only current black GM, Chris Grier, with the retirement of Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore.

They gotta find a franchise qb first. His scuess hinges on that. Maybe draft Kyler Murray?

The history of Patriots assistants from the Belichick tree is terrible though.

Last year the hot $&!# was the rocket scientist Matt Patricia. 

Pretty sure McDaniels is the only one who night have a modicum of success.

20 hours ago, Baka said:

I don't see anybody picking the Eagles to beat the Saints.

4 keys to how Eagles can win.

1) Get off to a fast start and score early and hope the Saints offence is rusty off a bye week and having not played as a full unit in 3 weeks.

2) Mix up the coverages with Brees and try to mix in more tight press man coverage at the line to disrupt Brees' timing. Don't play DBs 5 yards off all game and let him nickel and dime you down the field and then double move you when you try to get agressive and break on a route.

3) D Line has to dominate and play a great game because the Saints banged up OL who are coming off injuries and will not all be at 100%.

4) Target Eli Apple and PJ Williams in coverage. Try to get the shifty Sproles matched up against the Saints bigger LBs.

5) Run enough to stay balanced and keep Brees off the field so he can't get in rhythm.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1