The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

13 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

They are probably hoping he is the next Mike Tomlin. Young black position coach with a fiery personality to be a leader of men.

Dolphins GM IIRC correctly is the only current black GM, Chris Grier, with the retirement of Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore.

They gotta find a franchise qb first. His scuess hinges on that. Maybe draft Kyler Murray?

The history of Patriots assistants from the Belichick tree is terrible though.

Last year the hot $&!# was the rocket scientist Matt Patricia. 

Pretty sure McDaniels is the only one who night have a modicum of success.

If they were gonna go defense they could have waited a bit and grabbed kris richard. Guy is gonna be the real deal at hc once he gets the opportunity.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Gonna be watching the divisional round in a tiny town in southern Mexico 90 minutes north west of puerto vallarta. 

Gonna try to find some die hard locals to watch with. Feel like I'm in for an experience lol 

Screenshot_20190111-201757_Maps.jpg

Go bolts, but good luck in finding a spot.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Browns have hired Freddie Kitchens as their new head coach:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/browns-officially-name-kitchens-new-head-coach/

Freddie Kitchens had something on his coaching resume no other candidate could match. He made Baker Mayfield a better quarterback.

Kitchens, who helped Mayfield turn his rookie season into a record-breaking one during an impressive eight-game stint as the Browns offensive co-ordinator, was named Cleveland’s 17th full-time coach on Saturday, capping a remarkable personal rise up the coaching ranks.

His next goal: Take the Browns where they’ve never been — the Super Bowl.

"It’s an honour to be named the head coach of the Cleveland Browns," Kitchens said in a release. "As I’ve said before, I think Cleveland and I get along pretty well. My family and I have really enjoyed our time with this organization and in this community over the last year.

Personally, I'm looking forward to all the "Baker / Kitchens" headlines coming out of Cleveland. Now if they could just trade for Brandin Cooks....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Isam said:

Well, i guess richard is staying with the boys. Jerry must have promised him something good.

Probably a significant pay bump and more responsibility. I'm thinking associate HC.

He has made there defence very good from mediocre at best very quickly.

Pete Carroll coaching tree. Could do well one day. You need a good qb though. Every HC that failed was in large part because the qb didn't develop or play well enough.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Yawn. 

By the way did you all know Mahomes played baseball and his dad was in the MLB? 

Don't believe me? Al Michael's will tell you every 3 minutes. 

Lol it's good he keeps repeating it, because my cable was screwy for a bit.

Excited for the late game, but I'm getting my first loss in playoffs lol.