The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Did I violate the sports fandom code by cheering for the Cowboys?

heres the background, I’m from and currently live in Saskatchewan. First team I fell in love with was the Canucks as I fell in love with the city and my closest family is there. So I consider Vancouver my “city” even though I don’t live there, or cheer for the lions(go riders), but I do cheer for the whitecaps. So I didn’t really follow the NFL til around grade 5 and I also have family in Dallas and they asked me who I cheered for and I didn’t have a team so I said no one and he said “cheer for the cowboys man” so I did without thinking about it. BUt these last couple months I’ve been thinking, are the Seahawks considered Vancouver’s team? Did I commit a sports fan crime by cheering for the Cowboys? I’m so unease. I’m curious who Vancouver citizens cheer for. But I also cheer for the Jays over the mariners and I’d never switch that. And also we have a big rivalry with Seattle’s new NHLteam so do we really want to cheer for a team in the same city as one of our bigger rivals? I don’t really have an NBA team I’m waiting for the nba to come back to Vancouver. I don’t think I’d cheer for a Seattle team if they got one. 

I do love the Cowboys and I have history with them, but I feel guilty someone put me at ease that I didn’t do anything wrong and that if I do move to the west coast eventually I won’t be missing out. 

Anyways tomight could be the first time in mhm life the cowboys get past the divisional round!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

heres the background, I’m from and currently live in Saskatchewan. First team I fell in love with was the Canucks as I fell in love with the city and my closest family is there. So I consider Vancouver my “city” even though I don’t live there, or cheer for the lions(go riders), but I do cheer for the whitecaps. So I didn’t really follow the NFL til around grade 5 and I also have family in Dallas and they asked me who I cheered for and I didn’t have a team so I said no one and he said “cheer for the cowboys man” so I did without thinking about it. BUt these last couple months I’ve been thinking, are the Seahawks considered Vancouver’s team? Did I commit a sports fan crime by cheering for the Cowboys? I’m so unease. I’m curious who Vancouver citizens cheer for. But I also cheer for the Jays over the mariners and I’d never switch that. And also we have a big rivalry with Seattle’s new NHLteam so do we really want to cheer for a team in the same city as one of our bigger rivals? I don’t really have an NBA team I’m waiting for the nba to come back to Vancouver. I don’t think I’d cheer for a Seattle team if they got one. 

I do love the Cowboys and I have history with them, but I feel guilty someone put me at ease that I didn’t do anything wrong and that if I do move to the west coast eventually I won’t be missing out. 

Anyways tomight could be the first time in mhm life the cowboys get past the divisional round!

I think you broke the Sask code soon as you watched another sport/league; coz Roughriders is a way of life. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

Lol I'm an Eagles and Yankees fan, which is also a huge violation. Just cheer for whomever and tell anyone who disagrees to shut up :p

Go Bombers!

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Best thing about this game is that the Patsies will have to go on the road, if they can get past the Bolts. (Which I expect them to do, but fervently hope they won't)

Even if we're eliminated tomorrow, we will always have the edge over the poor ol' Bills :) but I suppose the little guys need the small victories in life, kind of like how we enjoy seeing the Kings and Blackhawks lose. 

I write this in good fun. Don't take it personally. The drinks down here are all triples! 

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Best thing about this game is that the Patsies will have to go on the road, if they can get past the Bolts. (Which I expect them to do, but fervently hope they won't)

Go bolts. Our team is too deep for the pats this time, thuus making it suicide watch for most of espn and fox sports come monday. Even if my team loses tomorrow, the excuses that skip bayless will offer for the cowboys will make my day.

• Cheers 1

Told the owner if the Pats win today I will buy a Patriots flag for him to add. He said (my Spanish is terrible outside of hola and adios so some could've been lost in translation) that Brady was la cucaracha and will be winning games for 10 more years and then he chugged a drink...

I don't know if that means he likes him or dislikes him :frantic:

Also these local Mexicans go absolutely insane when they show the cheerleaders going into our coming out of commercial breaks. Like just nuts. Imagine what a bar would've done in Vancouver when Burrows splayed the dragon. 

20190113_080400.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Even if we're eliminated tomorrow, we will always have the edge over the poor ol' Bills :) but I suppose the little guys need the small victories in life, kind of like how we enjoy seeing the Kings and Blackhawks lose. 

I write this in good fun. Don't take it personally. The drinks down here are all triples! 

See, the great thing about being a Bills fan is zero expectations. You can never be disappointed....just pleasantly surprised, like with the WC spot last year.

I'm already halfway to my playoff goal: The Cowboys are out. I think you know what the other half is...:P

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Told the owner if the Pats win today I will buy a Patriots flag for him to add. He said (my Spanish is terrible outside of hola and adios so some could've been lost in translation) that Brady was la cucaracha and will be winning games for 10 more years and then he chugged a drink...

I don't know if that means he likes him or dislikes him :frantic:

Also these local Mexicans go absolutely insane when they show the cheerleaders going into our coming out of commercial breaks. Like just nuts. Imagine what a bar would've done in Vancouver when Burrows splayed the dragon. 

20190113_080400.jpg

When you give him the Pats flag, tell him to cover up that Phish one....or the Stampeders...