The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

11 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

He's been like this all year but it doesn't show up on the stat sheet      his lack of fantasy football dominance leads to cr*ppy publications like ESPN writing about the fall of Gronk but his impact this year has been equal to the impact he had in his pass catching years     without his and develin's blocking guys like Michel and White don't have the years they do 

Thing is, the supporting cast often gets overlooked and passed by in the recognition or glory but often are huge in allowing plays to develop as they do.   Without them, things might be different.  I loved the other Gronk too...but the fact that he's still so valuable and contributing should not be overlooked.  Even if it's not highlight reel stuff (it really is).  Glad they're mentioning it. 

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's only 3 pts, but that was an oops....

They're dialed in    they know they're going to hear all week about how they won't stand a chance in KC and how a gun slinger like Mahomes will expose them (much like they heard this week how Rivers would throw for 500)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Rivers has more kids than points on the board #choker 

I don't know if I'd fault Rivers....when he's had time to throw, he's been largely successful. Outside of the opening drive, his O-line has been pretty porous and the defense is making the Chiefs' D look like the Ravens...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't know if I'd fault Rivers....when he's had time to throw, he's been largely successful. Outside of the opening drive, his O-line has been pretty porous and the defense is making the Chiefs' D look like the Ravens...

He looks a little frazzled/rushed to me.  Panic mode. 

The Chargers getting curb stopped. They looked nervous from the start and The Patriots just capitalized on their opportunities, games out of reach now. Belichick opting to receive the ball to start was a great call.

Edited by peaches5

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A vet qb can't read defenses? Rivers has been awful. He was terrible last week too but got bailed out. 

All Rivers does is lose big games. 

12 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

The Chargers getting curb stopped. They looked nervous from the start and The Patriots just capitalized on their opportunities, games out of reach now. Belichick opting to receive the ball to start was a great call.

Bingo. 

Rivers and the offense was hyped and warm after pre-game warm ups. 

Taking the ball and calling a drive that was slow and drained half the quarter while Rivers and the offense stood in 25 degree Fahrenheit weather and got cold was as much of a coaching tactic as the other schemes. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Bingo. 

Rivers and the offense was hyped and warm after pre-game warm ups. 

Taking the ball and calling a drive that was slow and drained half the quarter while Rivers and the offense stood in 25 degree Fahrenheit weather and got cold was as much of a coaching tactic as the other schemes. 

I think also going up a score takes the ball out of Gordon's hands and forces them to throw and then Williams drops a wide up deep ball so you can see how taking Gordon out of the game really shifted things in NE favour.

6 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I think also going up a score takes the ball out of Gordon's hands and forces them to throw and then Williams drops a wide up deep ball so you can see how taking Gordon out of the game really shifted things in NE favour.

The emergence of Gilmore into an all pro CB really got us to where we are. 

He takes away the #1 receiver and we always double the #2 receiver, while the 4 man front is great against the run. The offense is forced to win by having their TE and 3rd receiver play well, or by having their offensive line dominate. 

The Chargers o line has been dominated today, and their TE's haven't done anything. Outside of Gilmore biting hard on a pump fake, he's kept Allen in check. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

Meh. Game is over anyways lol. 

Can't argue that.

Still, I hope some folks will see what PR can do if his O-Line gives him time to throw. I completely agree with your earlier statement that they've been dominated to this point.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:19 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

How do you beat pressure? Get rid of the ball quick. Who's the best at getting rid of the ball quick? Brady. 

Who is ranked 2nd last in defense against pass catching running backs? Chargers. Who weaponizes running backs in the passing game the most? The Pats. 

Both teams have blue prints to beat each other, but the weather is on the Pats side. 

On 1/7/2019 at 2:17 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

Super happy the forecast calls for 5 inches of snow and a high of 27 Fahrenheit for when the south California team comes to town. 

James White will win or lose this game is my prediction. He'll be key to minimizing the Chargers D line, Chargers were ranked 31st in defense against passes to running backs yardage. 

James White 14 catches 100 yards 

Edelman 150 yards receiving 

Michel 117 rush yards between the tackles 

The game plan worked perfectly. 

• Upvote 1