The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I'm predicting a win for both teams next week.

Dallas I feel has just too high a talent level compared to Oakland. I'm not certain how sure I would feel about this game if Pryor was playing because he can make some plays happen and Dallas' defence is suspect at best and his explosiveness could make some things happen.

Tbh im not sure why I think Philly will win. More of a gut feeling than anything. However the Eagles are at a disadvantage this week playing at home. Usually a benefit playing at home, it is anything but for the Eagles. I'm not sure on this so correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they in the double digits for consecutive home losses before they won before their bye. But I just feel like Nick Foles has been playing lights out and they always have Shady McCoy to go out there and make a play for them when they need it.

And I'll post my Turkey Day score predictions:

Green Bay 27

Detroit 35

Oakland 13

Dallas 27

Pittsburgh 20

Baltimore 16

Tough game for Eagles. Arizona d is good. Patrick Peterson will probably lock down Desean Jackson by getting physical at the line so he can't release.

Arizona run d is good too. Will have to use McCoy out of the backfield and slow them down with misdirection and screens to keep them off balance.

Oh yeah their pass game is pretty good too. Palmer has been hot of late and he has Fitzgerald plus Floyd now to throw to.

Mr. Crabtree is back for the 49ers this week. Now to see if he is 80% of his former self.

Seattle lost Browner for the year and Thurmond is out one week before the playoffs. 49ers actually have a good chance to win at home vs Seattle next week.

Should be interesting to see who makes a bigger impact between Harvin and Crabtree for their respective teams when they clash.

Edited by Chip Kelly

His last album had some as well.

Cold wind blows:

You can get the d***, just call me the ball sack, I'm nuts

Michael Vick in this b****, dogg, fall back, you mutts

F*** your worms, you never seen such a sick puppy

Bonus track:

“Shady I don’t understand your flow”, understand my flow

B**** I flow like Troy Polamalu's hair boy

Don’t you dare try to follow or compare boy

The Vick one reminded me of this one from one of the cyphers

Flipping the script up like Mike Vick

Getting bit in his junk by a Pit, yup I'm a sick pup

Seattle went 9-1 without Harvin and only he had 2 plays in their last game ( helluva catch btw). He sat out practice yesterday and is still rehabbing his hip. Whether Pete is telling the truth or not about how they plan to use him, it's hardly reason to call him a liar. Even in the event he is holding back some information, in the context of the game it's called gamesmanship and I wouldn't expect anything less from any coach in this league. Chill out.

Whoa easy there buddy, all I was meaning there by calling him a liar, is not telling the media the truth about their game plan, which obviously every coach does. Was not meant in derogatory way at all, rather just my mind not being able to come up with a synonym at the time.

In terms of me calling the hawks offense 1-dimentional, well thats my opinion, if you want to discuss it further to change my mind well I'm more than glad to. I just see their passing game without Harvin very unimpressive, their stats backup my oppinion. They're 24th NFL last time I looked in passing yards per game. I like Golden Tate but just not as a number 1 wide receiver, for me he just looks like he lacks that ability to beat press coverage from good corners, and seems to disappear if he has an elite corner on him. Harvin would obv help that by taking most of the attention. So thats why I have been curous to how they will utilize Harvin.

I'm well aware of their record, but they haven't exactly had the toughest schedule this year, and middle of the pack teams who I would've thought the Seahawks would destroy have been able to keep it close. I'm far from hating on them, I am just still a bit skeptical at this point, and would gladly discuss this in terms of game plans, schemes etc with anyone that feels otherwise, hey I may be wrong but its just my opinion based off of what I've seen

Edited by pdc

Surprised a lot of people are picking Det over GB. Stafford has been bad against them and is coming off a 4 INT game

Well you somewhat expect a bounce back game from Stafford, besides last weeks game he has been good this year. Also Megatron tends to have monster games aginast Green Bay. Couple that with Flynn being the starter, and Detroits 4th best run defense I would expect Detroit to win as well, though it will I think it will be a close game. I sayDetroit 34Green Bay 31

Does anyone know where I can atleast listen to the games today? Why team 1040 or 1410 is not playing is beyond me, it would be far more entertaining than the usual 3 topics they talk about all day..

What you talking bout Willis?? 1410 has the game on.

3 turnovers by detroit and the lions still go into the half with the lead.....my pack are lost fracking puppies without Rodgers. At least Akers missed the field goal. <_<

What you talking bout Willis?? 1410 has the game on.

3 turnovers by detroit and the lions still go into the half with the lead.....my pack are lost fracking puppies without Rodgers. At least Akers missed the field goal. <_<

Really what the hell, I'm listening to it online right now all they have is ESPN radio right now, was hoping for play by play. Is it only on over the radio waves?

You know, I used to strongly dislike the Seahawks because of the trash talking by Sherman and calling out players who have achieved the highest feats in the NFL while he's still young and unaccomplished. The rest of the team I have no problem with and respect most of their stars for their talent, and in Wilson's case, both his talent and community involvement.

But all this BS by the 49ers players and their fans this season makes me very happy that Seattle is going to win the division while the 49ers might miss the playoffs.

Whitner is now coming out and saying that Drew Brees can't take a hit because he's not over the loss to Brees and the Saints. Last time I checked, the ref's don't make calls according to the QB's ability to take a hit. Brooks closelined him and the flag was thrown before Brees even hit the ground. That's the ref's call. To call out Brees and say that the Saints only won because Brees can't take a hit is ridiculously stupid. If these two teams do meet in the playoffs, I hope Brees torches them for 500 yards 5 TDs

• Upvote 1

Really what the hell, I'm listening to it online right now all they have is ESPN radio right now, was hoping for play by play. Is it only on over the radio waves?

Was listening to the game on the drive to school on 1410. Must be a radio thing then. Pratt and Bro Jake were advertising this morning as well that all three games can be heard down the dial on 1410.

Just finished the game on pvr. Best day in a while, last day of classes and utter domination of the Packers. I know there was no Rodgers, but I don't think that would have made a difference with how brutal the Packers O-line and run defence was today though. I gotta admit though that I was worried after the 3 turnovers on the first 4 possessions.

Edited by canuckfan_21

I guess Flynn just proved why he was cut by 3 other teams. Did anyone see what happened to Johnson I heard he went down hard, but not sure if he came back or suffered a bad knee/ankle injury

Oh and about Calvin Johnson he went up for a jump ball and just kind of landed funny. Came back though until the game got really out of hand. I would say no need to worried though, he's been dealing with knee issues since last season.