The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

What did you guys think of Mike Tomlins errant leg during Jacoby Jones return last night? Heard a lot of conflicting viewpoints today on the radio. I thought it may have been somewhat intentional. Ya he wasn't looking in Jones' direction but he was looking at the big screen and had to know that Jones was getting close.

He got away with one there. Judging from his smirk after the fact looking at the replays. I think Jones would have been gone and broken the tackle had he kept blazing down the sidelines.

It wasn't much but at high speed it made Jones change his angle and helped the guy chasing him track him down. If anything he saw the coach was on the field he should have purposely ran into him to draw a flag.

I believe they can award a touchdown if they deem the interference to be intentional.

That game had a playoff intensity. That's what I love about the NFL that trumps any other sports league.

Every game matters you can't take a game off and half ass it. It's not just one of 82 or whatever. You gotta bring it every week because the playoffs are no guarantee.

It wasn't much but at high speed it made Jones change his angle and helped the guy chasing him track him down. If anything he saw the coach was on the field he should have purposely ran into him to draw a flag.

That's my thoughts on it as well. Should of just kept running normally, Tomlin would of moved and if he didn't he would of got a penalty

Ravens are on a roll and again not many people are talking about them. Once again they are going to get hot and hopefully it's a long run...again

Running game seems to be struggling though O-line can't seem to open up the holes for the backs it seems.

Ravens have a good defence but they need that running game so that are not one dimensional if they get in the playoffs.

Running game seems to be struggling though O-line can't seem to open up the holes for the backs it seems.

Ravens have a good defence but they need that running game so that are not one dimensional if they get in the playoffs.

It's more on ray rice than the o-line imo.

This is a team that no one talks about much and I see them sneaking into the playoffs again and doing some damage.

If you guys are ever in or passing through Abbotsford, stop at 7 Oaks mall and go to Horizon Sports apparel. Not sure if they bought out Blue Line or if Blue Line just changed their name. Anyways, was meeting a friend for lunch and we happened to stop at the mall, and they have a lot of great NFL stuff that I hadn't seen anywhere before. Lids/Jersey City usually only carry 1 or 2 designs per team for NFL hats, but this place had 4-5 different hats for every team. A lot of other fan apparel too like named jersey t-shirts, team underarmour sweatshirts..etc.

Be ware though, the girl who works there (owners daughter I think) will give you sh*t if you're not a Seahawks fan. Had to shut her up by pulling out the 0 championship's card.

• Upvote 1

Interesting that the Pats Texans game is on all three HD networks on Shaw tomorrow morning.

With Ten/Ind, Chi/Min, Ari/Phi all on at 10am too, thought one or two of them would get air time.

Guess when the TV schedule was made, the Texans were still seen as a good team.

Geez yeah just checked when i read that that lol. Every channel shows the Pats Texans game. The only other channel carrying something different is tsn2 with the Chicago Minnesota game

Interesting that the Pats Texans game is on all three HD networks on Shaw tomorrow morning.

With Ten/Ind, Chi/Min, Ari/Phi all on at 10am too, thought one or two of them would get air time.

Haha ya I was checking earlier today hoping that the Titans-Colts game would be on....

I guess it's online streaming for me again.

If you guys are ever in or passing through Abbotsford, stop at 7 Oaks mall and go to Horizon Sports apparel. Not sure if they bought out Blue Line or if Blue Line just changed their name. Anyways, was meeting a friend for lunch and we happened to stop at the mall, and they have a lot of great NFL stuff that I hadn't seen anywhere before. Lids/Jersey City usually only carry 1 or 2 designs per team for NFL hats, but this place had 4-5 different hats for every team. A lot of other fan apparel too like named jersey t-shirts, team underarmour sweatshirts..etc.

Be ware though, the girl who works there (owners daughter I think) will give you sh*t if you're not a Seahawks fan. Had to shut her up by pulling out the 0 championship's card.

I'll never be near Abbotsford but yeah I agree with Blue Line.. I was at the Coquitlam Centre one just the other day and I found a White/Orange New Era BC Lions snapback that I couldn't find anywhere else. Not even the BC Lions sell it and I was so happy to see it. Been looking for just a plain simple BC Lions snapback for a long time. Although the Blue Line at Coquitlam Centre is quite tiny

It's more on ray rice than the o-line imo.

This is a team that no one talks about much and I see them sneaking into the playoffs again and doing some damage.

That's strange Bernard Pierce has a similar yards per carry as Rice does he not? The announcers on Sunday Night were talking about Michael Oher really struggling the whole year and that he was a free agent at the end of the season and wouldn't be brought back.

I would think by that it is an o-line thing. They changed up the blocking scheme when they hired Juan Castillo who was an assistant o-line coach with the Eagles as well as the d-coordinator once upon a time not too long ago.

That may have something to do with it.

Edited by Chip Kelly

That's total b.s.!! I thought it was just a Telus Optik thing but apparently not.

What is the point of six different channels if you put the same damn game on all of them. Frack sakes.

Was looking forward to watching the Eagles game now gonna have to settle for the Canucks game in the morning and then Denver vs KC at 1:00.

More bad news for the Seahawks. Harvin is listed as doubtful (hip) for Monday.

We all hoped the bye week would be enough to get him game ready. Well, been winning all year without him so Im sure they can make do. Its not like they need to alter a game plan that relied on him.

I dont get the "Oh Seattles corners are destroyed. thatll be the difference". Didnt The Saints best corner Jabari Greer, a standout on an otherwise shaky secondary, tear his ACL a couple weeks ago to end his season? ill call it even at that.

• Upvote 1

That's strange Bernard Pierce has a similar yards per carry as Rice does he not? The announcers on Sunday Night were talking about Michael Oher really struggling the whole year and that he was a free agent at the end of the season and wouldn't be brought back.

I would think by that it is an o-line thing. They changed up the blocking scheme when they hired Juan Castillo who was an assistant o-line coach with the Eagles as well as the d-coordinator once upon a time not too long ago.

That may have something to do with it.

Ray Rice is running at an abysmal 2.9 yards / carry. Pierce, 2.8.

It has to be the blocking. Excluding this year, Rice has averaged ~ 4.5 yards / carry over his career. Pierce averaged 4.9 in his rookie season last year.