The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Eagles win! Foles had a pretty good game, 0 interceptions and threw for 237 yards, 21/34.

Overtime in Minnesota, I think Minnesota takes this game. Surprising game for the Pats, thought they'd take it easy.

And threw for 3TDs!!!

I am still trying to gather an opinion on Foles. The 19 touchdowns and 0 interceptions is pretty absurd and the Eagles have only lost 1 of his starts all season. Though I am hesitant to have full faith in him as his yards per game average is 32nd among QB's and the Eagles rushing offense is 2nd best in the NFL. He looks promising as a bonafide starter though I am unsure if he is as elite as some of his stats appear.

That's strange Bernard Pierce has a similar yards per carry as Rice does he not? The announcers on Sunday Night were talking about Michael Oher really struggling the whole year and that he was a free agent at the end of the season and wouldn't be brought back.

I would think by that it is an o-line thing. They changed up the blocking scheme when they hired Juan Castillo who was an assistant o-line coach with the Eagles as well as the d-coordinator once upon a time not too long ago.

That may have something to do with it.

You make a valid point. Oher struggles from the pass rush time to time. Still injuries have slowed down Rice a lot. Pierce is the more healthy of the 2 and I would love to see him get more touches. The o-line was terrible in the first half of the season and hhave picked it up. It's on the running backs now imo..

What a game in KC!! Wife's getting mad cuz Im in charge of dinner tonight and can't stop watching here!!

So I hit her and showed her who's boss.....

:D

Errrr!!!! Dumb call on 4th down in my opinion.... should have called a bootleg and gave Smith the chance to take off opening up more options

Texans DE Antonio Smith is "very suspicious" of how the patriots prepared for this game.

Stupid allegation he made basically saying Pats cheated and knew the plays they were calling on D...idk if he was at the same game everyone else was, but Pats were getting rolled by all the blitzes...

Texans DE Antonio Smith is "very suspicious" of how the patriots prepared for this game.

""I can't tell you an example because it's G-15 classified," he said. "It's a defensive thing that we might continue to use. ... The way, I'm trying to say it without giving it away." "

So it's so classified that no one can know, yet somehow the Patriots knew what they were doing?

“You can tell they changed their scheme in the second half,” Smith continued, via the Houston Chronicle. “It's miraculous they changed some things on offense that keyed on what we put on this week to stop what they were doing

Wait, WHAT? A losing team at half time realized what wasn't working for them, and THEY MADE CHANGES?

Woah. Stop the presses. This is going to revolutionize the NFL... I wonder if other NFL coaches know that they're allowed to change up their defensive coverages and offensive sets at half time?

They did things they never did all year before

Blount ran up the middle, Vereen ran off tackle, Edelman and Amendola caught passes 10 yards down field, Gronk ran down the seam. Did I miss something where the Patriots went with a 3 linemen, 7 receiver set?

Guess losing 10 straight really messes with your mind

:lol: