The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Won my weekly pool with that Seahawk victory!! :)and love you nuckspatsfan for NOT taking the high road! It just tears you apart when people call your precious Brady "a petulant child"(which I heard numerous times on the radio yesterday and today) doesn't it??? For the record, I believe Brady and the Pats have had legit beefs with the officiating in recent weeks...same as a few other teams. :P

Anyways, boring game for those uninvested...pretty much a statement game for those who care. Home playoff games mean the world to this seahawk team so that was pretty much a playoff game. Still a lot of work to be done but hard not to believe in Russell Wilson and co.

Lmao :D ! :emot-parrot:

Seahawks are unreal at home and are showing everyone why they are the premier contenders for the NFC championship. I just hope my Niners specifically KAP can get his crap together and maybe have a shot at Seattle ? This week will show us what he has learned since their last meeting, but with the way the Hawks are circling It is going to be tall challenge for any team to take them down at home in the playoffs.

Seattle has some serious opponents @ SF next then @ NYG and finally home against ARZ . Huge tests but so far they have all the answers :(

• Upvote 1

Interesting that the people who jump on Brady and call him a cry baby/whiner when he complains to the refs about a terrible call/non call have nothing to say about Pete Carroll. Have counted 4 times so far this game where he's run onto the field flailing and yelling at a ref.

Can't wait to hear all the excuses.

For someone who plays the martyr so well when someone bashes football jesus you sure like to sling mud against teams you don't like. But since you asked, the difference is whiny baby Brady is playing the game. You don't see many players berade the ref ref like that,... ever. That being said I thought you were going to bring up the Sherman incident tonight. As for coaches, name one that doesn't yell at the ref when they get a bad call?

• Upvote 2

The naysayers love to count the seahawks out each and every week and look ahead to the next opponent that is going to beat them after they win. I couldn't believe how many pundits were picking the saints at the beginning of the game. Perhaps now, after the beat down the hawks just put on the saints, they will get the respect they deserve but probably not. The haters will always find something to harp on. Like that weak secondary?

For someone who plays the martyr so well when someone bashes football jesus you sure like to sling mud against teams you don't like. But since you asked, the difference is whiny baby Brady is playing the game. You don't see many players berade the ref ref like that,... ever. That being said I thought you were going to bring up the Sherman incident tonight. As for coaches, name one that doesn't yell at the ref when they get a bad call?

I don't ever recall Tony Dungy going off at a ref on a bad call.

Also, after watching today's game, have to say Hawks clearly and easily have the best defensive in football. It really is just unreal. Said it again and will say it again, Hawks at home is practically impossible to lose.

Props to them for making a statement and showing why they are the best team in the NFL; no doubt in my mind they are. Have tons of respect for Seattle (mainly cause I have nothing against them being close to Vancouver and I've went to a few games with friends) and hope they win sometime soon...those fans of Seattle I personally believe are the best in all sports considering baseball, soccer, football, and what used to be basketball..real classy and passionate. They deserve a parade with the Lombardi trophy.

First off - Seattle dominated. In every aspect of the game. It was supposed to be Saints offense vs Seattles Defense. Instead it was Seattle on both sides of the ball.. With New Orleans keying on stopping Lynch Seattle aired the ball out. When the Saints brought the house Wilson found the mismatch downfield. Textbook.

Seattles backup corners, who were supposed to be the weak spot for Brees to exploit, played well and made that whole big thing a non factor.

The Brees love from the commentators every time he touched the ball in the first half was annoying. Like a bunch of 15 year old girls at a Bieber concert. Yeah, hes a big time player but give it a rest. They switched to Wilson love in the second half. A lot less gushing from them would have been nice.

The refs didnt decide the game and seemed unbiased in their calls but they were sloppy all night and Im pretty sure their grades from the league on this effort arent going to be anything to write home about.

Beauty game. People trashed Avril saying that the only reason he was good in Detroit was because of Suh, well he leads the Seahawks in sacks. Irvin is going to be a beast soon as well, he hammered that guy from behind and prevented a catch for a first down. Wilson is as clutch as any QB in the league and hopefully he does this in the playoffs.

They did all that without Harvin once again, i really hope he's healthy soon.

You don't see many coaches run on to the field to berade a ref like Carroll does, and as many times as he does. Maybe Harbaugh in SF, but that's the closest. The hands to the face call on Okung when he clearly had his entire had pulling on the facemask, Carroll was flailing like a chicken with his head cut off arguing the call all the way down the field.

No need to bring up the Sherman incident, they happen almost every game. Just like there's no point in bringing up Suh incidents. Sherman is going to hit receivers after the play is clearly over, when they're not looking..etc. It's a shame that his character doesn't match his talent because he's a hell of a cornerback. He likes comparing himself to Darrelle Revis a lot, maybe he should ochestrate his post whistle demeanor to match Revis'.

Was insane! We were in Sec 120 Row II, just below the jumbotron. Was cold but didn't really notice with all the screaming.

Also, we created an earthquake AGAIN!

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2013/12/jumping-fans-register-a-magnitude-1-2-quake-during-seahawks-td-fumble-return/

Glad you enjoyed and yea, heard about the quake that was made... Man is that stadium ever so loud! :lol:

You don't see many coaches run on to the field to berade a ref like Carroll does, and as many times as he does. Maybe Harbaugh in SF, but that's the closest. The hands to the face call on Okung when he clearly had his entire had pulling on the facemask, Carroll was flailing like a chicken with his head cut off arguing the call all the way down the field.

No need to bring up the Sherman incident, they happen almost every game. Just like there's no point in bringing up Suh incidents. Sherman is going to hit receivers after the play is clearly over, when they're not looking..etc. It's a shame that his character doesn't match his talent because he's a hell of a cornerback. He likes comparing himself to Darrelle Revis a lot, maybe he should ochestrate his post whistle demeanor to match Revis'.

You're a joke and so is your golden boy Brady and the Pats. One and done. Sherman does that every game? Jesus Christ, I can't tell if you're trying to be dumb on purpose.

• Upvote 2