The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

You're a joke and so is your golden boy Brady and the Pats. One and done. Sherman does that every game? Jesus Christ, I can't tell if you're trying to be dumb on purpose.

So I guess the king of one and done's, Peyton Manning, is also a joke? Let me guess, he's not, because his name is Peyton Manning despite accomplishing less than the QB you do consider a joke.

If the Patriots are a joke, what are the championship-less, 1 super bowl appearance in 40+ years Seahawks? :lol:

You know what's a joke? Pete Carroll running down the sidelines to tell the ESPN reporter to page Jon Gruden upstairs and tell him that he's going to love the play he just called. Who the f does that? If a coach along the likes of Belichick, Rex Ryan, Tomlin, either Harbaugh did that, you guys would have a field day with it. But nope, not one word of it by anyone in this thread.

It's easy to see why other NHL fans hate Canucks fans, myself included. God, I can't believe I probably sound as latched onto the ball sack of Pete Carroll and the Seahawks in regards to the Canucks as the Seahawks fans in this thread are.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Anyways, happy for pimpcurtly, the only genuine Seahawks and football fan I've noticed in this thread. If the Lions don't make it to the Super Bowl (a team I have a soft spot for, but clearly they're not going to lol) I hope Seattle represents the NFC. Two of my best friends, who are brothers, are season ticket holders along with a former, long time football coach of mine.

They're smart enough to comprehend that if you're not a Seattle fan, you're not going to like Pete Carroll very much. Matt Sekeres made a good point about it this morning as well. Much like if you're not a Canucks fan, you hate Kesler and Burrows.

Would love for them/pimpcurtly to be able to celebrate a championship. But of course, if my Pats are playing them in the SB, you guys can wait to celebrate next year :D

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Didn't realize he could live for another century...

fyms2a.png

Ya I know, I saw this headline too and was like wtf typo i guess, but I read and apparently Chip Kelly has declared Foles the starting qb of the eagles for the next 1000 years :lol: . I got a laugh out of it at least.

Can't wait for next Sunday. Start off with Detroit vs Philly. Hopefully Detroit pulls out a win which pretty much clinches the division (doesn't technically, but means they're two games up with 3 left) but im pretty 50/50 at the moment

Seattle SF which is always an intense game even if the score isn't too close. Lots of dislike.

End the day with the battle for the NFC south lead with NO and Carolina. I feel like NO pulls out the victory, like Seattle very tough to beat at home and it's kind of a lame reasoning, but you just don't expect qb's at the level of Brees to put together 2 stinkers in a row.

Edited by canuckfan_21

Ya I know, I saw this headline too and was like wtf typo i guess, but I read and apparently Chip Kelly has declared Foles the starting qb of the eagles for the next 1000 years :lol: . I got a laugh out of it at least.

Can't wait for next Sunday. Start off with Detroit vs Philly. Hopefully Detroit pulls out a win which pretty much clinches the division (doesn't technically, but means they're two games up with 3 left)

Seattle SF which is always an intense game even if the score isn't too close. Lots of dislike.

End the day with the battle for the NFC south lead with NO and Carolina. I feel like NO pulls out the victory, like Seattle very tough to beat at home and it's kind of a lame reasoning, but you just don't expect qb's at the level of Brees to put together 2 stinkers in a row.

Like Seattle though, that Carolina front 7 is beastly. Some Seattle fans have said they wish their front 7 was as good as Carolina's after the Car/NE game. With the emergence of Ted Ginn lined up against Malcolm Jenkins, NO defense could have another tough day as well as NO's offense.

Anyways, happy for pimpcurtly, the only genuine Seahawks and football fan I've noticed in this thread. If the Lions don't make it to the Super Bowl (a team I have a soft spot for, but clearly they're not going to lol) I hope Seattle represents the NFC. Two of my best friends, who are brothers, are season ticket holders along with a former, long time football coach of mine.

They're smart enough to comprehend that if you're not a Seattle fan, you're not going to like Pete Carroll very much. Matt Sekeres made a good point about it this morning as well. Much like if you're not a Canucks fan, you hate Kesler and Burrows.

Would love for them/pimpcurtly to be able to celebrate a championship. But of course, if my Pats are playing them in the SB, you guys can wait to celebrate next year :D

Wow...I really appreciate the respect! Somewhat unexpected considering the shot I took at you last night lol(had a few beers in me). But I think/hope you know that my trash talk is all in fun. I know you'll get me back. ;)

And yes the Seahawks have zero titles to speak of but I don't think you can blame fans for feeling like there is something special brewing. I guess some of em can go overboard with cockiness but we all aren't like that. Still so much that can happen and I prefer to stay grounded(thats the Canuck fan in me lol).

And Carolina D is pretty scary. Game 1 of the season, I knew they were going to be good this year. Cam Newton is pretty solid too. They could be a spoiler for sure but I know Pats fans are aware of this already.

Wow...I really appreciate the respect! Somewhat unexpected considering the shot I took at you last night lol(had a few beers in me). But I think/hope you know that my trash talk is all in fun. I know you'll get me back. ;)

And yes the Seahawks have zero titles to speak of but I don't think you can blame fans for feeling like there is something special brewing. I guess some of em can go overboard with cockiness but we all aren't like that. Still so much that can happen and I prefer to stay grounded(thats the Canuck fan in me lol).

And Carolina D is pretty scary. Game 1 of the season, I knew they were going to be good this year. Cam Newton is pretty solid too. They could be a spoiler for sure but I know Pats fans are aware of this already.

Respect is always given where it's deserved; It's football man, nothing personal gets involved, just all fun in the name of the game. I know you'll slip and open up somewhere for me to take a return shot ;)

At the end of the day, these teams have no clue who we are, and couldn't care less about who we are and what we say about them. But without trash talking, there'd be no excitement among opposing teams fans :D

I don't mind cocky fans, everyone becomes one at point or another, and sometimes it backfires (canuckbeliever before the NE/Den game) and sometimes it doesn't and you get to gloat for an extended period of time. The only thing I can't stand (and a big reason a lot of people hate Canucks fans) is those with blinders on and see absolutely nothing wrong with the team they cheer for. Or in contrast, see wrong in everything a team they don't like does.

I would love for a Seattle/Carolina NFC final. Both defenses can shut down a run game, both offenses with a read-option QB, and 2 head coaches who love calling "off the board" plays. And of course, I wanna see that Luke Kuechly kid play again, man what a talent.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Like Seattle though, that Carolina front 7 is beastly. Some Seattle fans have said they wish their front 7 was as good as Carolina's after the Car/NE game. With the emergence of Ted Ginn lined up against Malcolm Jenkins, NO defense could have another tough day as well as NO's offense.

Yes, but that secondary of Carolina's, while underrated, is not in the same league as Seattle's. Seattle has imo the best safety and the best cornerback in the NFL with Earl Thomas (he's kind of 1a and 1b with Eric Berry) and Richard Seymour

I don't want to start a fight, but NucksPatsFans, don't you think that's a little hypocritical of you? You criticize people who are critical of your Patriots (you seem to really hate it,) but you are quick to do the same thing to others. Of course I don't blame you for going after guys like Civil Sneer, guys who are blatantly trolling.

Aside from all your arguments I think you are a good poster. And I hope you don't consider me one of the Patriot haters because I want to see Brady win at least one more Superbowl.

• Upvote 1

Only genuine football fan...Hurtful..hurtful

• Upvote 1

NFL MVP discussion:

1. Peyton Manning- 41 touchdowns

2. Philip Rivers- Chargers playoffs?

3. Russell Wilson- what hasn't he done this season?

4. Tony Romo- love this guy

5. Tom Brady- Reputation

I think at the moment the mvp discussion pretty much begins and ends with Manning. I mean he needs 10 touchdowns in his last 4 games to break the NFL record which is pretty much a given I feel. As well as his team leads the league in total yards a game and has the best record in the AFC.

Not saying those other guys don't deserve it, I especially really like Rivers year and I commend Brady for doing alot with not much in the way of receivers this year due to injury and inexperience, but to me Manning is the clear winner.

Respect is always given where it's deserved; It's football man, nothing personal gets involved, just all fun in the name of the game. I know you'll slip and open up somewhere for me to take a return shot ;)

At the end of the day, these teams have no clue who we are, and couldn't care less about who we are and what we say about them. But without trash talking, there'd be no excitement among opposing teams fans :D

I don't mind cocky fans, everyone becomes one at point or another, and sometimes it backfires (canuckbeliever before the NE/Den game) and sometimes it doesn't and you get to gloat for an extended period of time. The only thing I can't stand (and a big reason a lot of people hate Canucks fans) is those with blinders on and see absolutely nothing wrong with the team they cheer for. Or in contrast, see wrong in everything a team they don't like does.

I would love for a Seattle/Carolina NFC final. Both defenses can shut down a run game, both offenses with a read-option QB, and 2 head coaches who love calling "off the board" plays. And of course, I wanna see that Luke Kuechly kid play again, man what a talent.

To be honest, I did see one time last night when Pete Carroll went flailing down the field. If he did more than that, I must have missed it. Can't say I like seeing that but I'll defend it the same way you defend Brady....it's all about fire in the belly. I really can't imagine being down on the field on gameday. Come playoffs, I'm a wreck on my couch FFS!

And I know it would probably be an epic battle against Carolina but, for my own selfish reasons, I hope it doesn't happen. The strongest part of Carolina's game will be unaffected by the 12s and that's a lil concerning, in my opinion....providing Seahawks nail down home field throughout.

Heard some people on the radio talking about a Seahawks vs Pats Super Bowl this afternoon...had a lil chuckle. Wouldn't that be something, eh??

Whats all this Panthers will beat Seattle if they meet in the postseason talk? Panthers lost at home to Seattle week 1. What makes anyone think they can do better in Seattle? When we will have Thurmond back and hopefully a healthy Harvin. Safe money is that they will do what everyone else does in Seattle. Lose.

They still need to play New Orleans, twice, and just because Seattle could carve the Saints up doesnt mean anyone else can. Still, they seem a lock for a wild card spot if not the division.

Edited by Offensive Threat

Whats all this Panthers will beat Seattle if they meet in the postseason talk? Panthers lost at home to Seattle week 1. What makes anyone think they can do better in Seattle? When we will have Thurman back and hopefully a healthy Harvin. Safe money is that they will do what everyone else does in Seattle. Lose.

They still need to play New Orleans, twice, and just because Seattle could carve the Saints up doesnt mean anyone else can. Still, they seem a lock for a wild card spot if not the division.

That first game against them was extremely frustrating. I'm not saying the Panthers would win but their D could break some hearts. And with Newton playing well...dangerous combo, IMO.

NFL MVP discussion:

1. Peyton Manning- 41 touchdowns

2. Philip Rivers- Chargers playoffs?

3. Russell Wilson- what hasn't he done this season?

4. Tony Romo- love this guy

5. Tom Brady- Reputation

Really? Reputation? No other QB in the league could bring this offense to a 9-3 record like he has. Don't feel to bad when Peyton Manning chokes at home in the playoffs again.

• Upvote 1

Cam Newton should be in that top 5 for MVP. He's put that offense on his back. Drew Brees as well should still be in the top 5 ahead of Rivers and Romo. One bad game and all the sudden he's gone. It's not like he was the only player that played bad last night.

Most valuable player. Let's not forget one thing, Manning has a team filled with pro bowl receivers. That certainly helps. Tom Brady had receivers that couldn't catch anything for most of the season. Cam Newton has no receivers on that level.

Edited by Madness
  • Upvote 2

Cam Newton should be in that top 5 for MVP. He's put that offense on his back. Drew Brees as well should still be in the top 5 ahead of Rivers and Romo. One bad game and all the sudden he's gone. It's not like he was the only player that played bad last night.

Most valuable player. Let's not forget one thing, Manning has a team filled with pro bowl receivers. That certainly helps. Tom Brady had receivers that couldn't catch anything for most of the season. Cam Newton has no receivers on that level.

Totally agree.

I don't want to start a fight, but NucksPatsFans, don't you think that's a little hypocritical of you? You criticize people who are critical of your Patriots (you seem to really hate it,) but you are quick to do the same thing to others. Of course I don't blame you for going after guys like Civil Sneer, guys who are blatantly trolling.

Aside from all your arguments I think you are a good poster. And I hope you don't consider me one of the Patriot haters because I want to see Brady win at least one more Superbowl.

I'll be critical of people who criticize the Patriots for stupid reasons such as bringing up Spygate when, like I responded to canuckbeliever, they were never found guilty or punished for any "cheating" during the super bowls. But if someone wants to be critical of the Patriots for their lackluster run defense, Ridley's fumbleitis..etc. I'll be the first one to agree with it. It just rubs me the wrong way when people take shots at the Patriots for non-football related reasons and that sometimes elicits a not-so-proud-of response from me. However, I'd never judge someone based on what team they cheer for.