The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

This combine is great. Mike Mayock saying this the deepest draft top to bottom he has seen in 10 years.

Especially talented with receivers and dbs. Great year for teams to grab a wr or two and still have good value come the middle rounds.

Could have as many as 6 wr's drafted in the 1st round alone!!!

Jadeveon Clowney is a freak! 4.53 40 time at 260 pounds. Record for a DE heck he ran better than most receivers and that says something.

He has all the tools the only question does he have the work ethic to get the most out of hall of fame potential.

I love this draft class as it is, as you said, extremely deep in the two positions the Lions need most. Need a receiver, probably two, another corner and a safety.

I love this draft class as it is, as you said, extremely deep in the two positions the Lions need most. Need a receiver, probably two, another corner and a safety.

There should be some decent guys available in free agency coming up in a couple of weeks also to plug some holes. Safeties like Chris Clemons from the Dolphins and guys like Whitner from the 49ers and Pollard from the Titans should be available. There are corners like Verner and DRC who could get huge paydays.

Also the 49ers are letting the majority of their db's go so guys like Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, Eric Wright, and Perrish Cox should all be available.

Not to mention the handful of potentially quality receivers that should come available this year led by Eric Decker.

Really excited. Free agency this year and the draft are going to be fun and interesting to follow in the weeks and months ahead respectively.

Edited by Chip Kelly

An NFL player has the same right as any non-muscular male to act in self-defence. If that was the case then I don't mind, but the way you describe it, it doesn't sound like that's the case.

Unless she has a dangerous weapon such as a knife or gun, or looks like Khloe Kardashian, a male shouldn't need to knock out a female to defend themselves.

Unless she has a dangerous weapon such as a knife or gun, or looks like Khloe Kardashian, a male shouldn't need to knock out a female to defend themselves.

People have different pain thresholds though. A light hit could have been enough for thus lady to get knocked out, even though it wouldn't be enough for most.

Holy the Eagles are writing some fat cheques right now!!! First they extended their two best o-lineman Jason Peters and Jason Kelce to long-term deals.

Now they re-signed Cooper to a 5 year deal and Maclin to a 1 year deal that if he proves he can stay healthy and be productive he should get a big deal too.

Maybe this time their plan is to keep the continuity on offence and especially the chemistry Nick Foles has with Cooper. They still need to add depth behind those three guys though.

But their starters at receiver now are as good as virtually anybody's in the league.

Still have some room to sign a few key free agents for the defence. A guy like Red Bryant or BJ Raji would be good fits on the d-line.

Then they can focus on using the majority of their draft picks to build the defence this year and next.

Edited by Chip Kelly

NHL trade deadline coming up and then the real big enchilada for NFL free agent frenzy.

If Jairus Byrd reaches the market he should be the Eagles #1 priority. Fans have been dying for years to have a legit pro bowl safety to stabilize the secondary that has been leaky since Dawkins left.

Plus he played his college ball at Oregon. I can see him being a fit but the Eagles will have to buck up some dough because he wants to be paid in the same range as Polamulu and Earl Thomas will be.

Edited by Chip Kelly

gif.gif

49'ers brass tired of Jimbo's antics? They say he wants more money and there is a power struggle with the GM on who should get more credit for shaping the team.

The 49ers need to figure this out before Harbs leaves for another team in 2 years.

Otherwise it will continue to be a distraction until they win the Super Bowl and at that point they may just mutually part ways.

I think he should he payed as a top 5 coach. Certainly more than Jeff Fisher or Chip Kelly who have not had the success he has had.

He's done everything except win the Super Bowl.

Edited by Chip Kelly

gif.gif

49'ers brass tired of Jimbo's antics? They say he wants more money and there is a power struggle with the GM on who should get more credit for shaping the team.

The 49ers need to figure this out before Harbs leaves for another team in 2 years.

Otherwise it will continue to be a distraction until they win the Super Bowl and at that point they may just mutually part ways.

I think he should he payed as a top 5 coach. Certainly more than Jeff Fisher or Chip Kelly who have not had the success he has had.

They are gonna have quite a wait if hes not moving until they win the super bowl. Dont expect it once Kaep is taking up 17 - 19 million per. Its not a question of "will they win it this year?" Its more like "Will Arizona take that final wild card spot away from them this year" See what missing the playoffs does to Harbs bargaining power

They are gonna have quite a wait if hes not moving until they win the super bowl. Dont expect it once Kaep is taking up 17 - 19 million per. Its not a question of "will they win it this year?" Its more like "Will Arizona take that final wild card spot away from them this year" See what missing the playoffs does to Harbs bargaining power

I still think they are better than Arizona. This story only goes away if either he finally gets a bigger deal or this becomes a distraction and once again they can't beat the Seahawks for the division.

Still really they were one play away from advancing to the Super Bowl for a 2nd straight year. Maybe next time Kaepernick will throw to Boldin who is excellent if given a chance at a jump ball instead of Crabtree who has now twice failed to make a play at the end of a game.

gif.gif

That gif is hilarious! I normally don't join in when people harp on his sideline behavior, but that is just too much. Edited by Crom!

Saints been cleaning house lately. Lance Moore, Smith, Vilma, Harper, Sproles all gone and hearing that Pierre Thomas might be next.

Plus this Jimmy Graham contract situation is going to be ugly.

Edited by Madness

Saints been cleaning house lately. Lance Moore, Smith, Vilma, Harper, Sproles all gone and hearing that Pierre Thomas might be next.

Plus this Jimmy Graham contract situation is going to be ugly.

Wouldn't mind Malcolm Jenkins for Free Safety as a backup plan if the Eagles can't land Byrd or Ward.

Eagles safeties have been among the worst in the league for over 4 years now. Basically since Brian Dawkins left.

Anything really would be an upgrade over Nate Allen, Kurt Coleman et all.

Wouldn't mind Sproles either in this system as a chance of pace guy and returner.

What's his deal? Just salary or declining production and wear and tear?

Edited by Chip Kelly

Wouldn't mind Malcolm Jenkins for Free Safety as a backup plan if the Eagles can't land Byrd or Ward.

Eagles safeties have been among the worst in the league for over 4 years now. Basically since Brian Dawkins left.

Anything really would be an upgrade over Nate Allen, Kurt Coleman et all.

Wouldn't mind Sproles either in this system as a chance of pace guy and returner.

What's his deal? Just salary or declining production and wear and tear?

A bit of both. Need some more salary relief and he's been slowing down. Last season he was worm out and got injured quite often.

As far as the Ray Rice thing I do tend to believe most of the women associated with athletes tend to be trashy as hell and I am not opposed to a man hitting a woman if the woman is going to attack him. It's also not like Ray Rice is a big guy he is literally a little guy and dealing with a girl who is trying to hurt you it isn't always as easy as just grabbing her and keeping it calm.

While I don't believe that men should hit women I do believe people fall into a stereotype that women are helpless and a man can just easily overpower her and maintain the peace if she goes psychotic