The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Can see why it's a 1 year deal.

He will have to cover Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Brandon marshall, Demariyus Thomas, Jordy Nelson, Mike Wallace & Reggie Wayne this upcoming season. If he's worth 4-5 years at 12-14 mill a year, those receivers will be held to under 60 yards.

Bill Belichick told me I had to kill a close friend or family member I’d do it no questions asked because I know he’d have his reasons. Honestly how comforting is it to know that we have the smartest, most brilliant man not only to ever step foot on a football field, but to walk this earth running the Patriots?. The Broncos do a 6 year deal with Aquib Talib. A notorious hothead who has been a no show when it’s not a contract year. Everybody freaking out about how great the Broncos are. Meanwhile Bill Belichick just sitting at home in his cutoff sweatshirt sipping on cognac with a wry smile on his face. Knowing that within mere hours he will sign THE BEST corner in the game to a 1 year deal. A deal that will make Revis play his ass off. A deal that doesn’t lock the Patriots into anything. A deal that anybody with a brain knows is a billion times better than the one the Broncos just secured. People want to know why the Patriots have been great for 13 years? It’s moves like these. Stuff they clearly didn’t teach little Johnny Elway at Stanford. Once again another shining example of the Dark Lord playing Chess while everybody else plays checkers.

Just curious who said that? Pretty funny and at the same time pretty true.

Edit: Fail by me, but I mean the quote you posted a couple minutes ago. Forgot it wouldn't show up if I quoted you lol

If Belichick told me to kill a close friend or family member I would because he'd have his reasons http://t.co/vk2ooZyoPW

— David Portnoy (@stoolpresidente)

March 13, 2014

Sorry if I'm annoying some of you, but saying this out of honestly and no intention to cause tension...

Can't wait to see the defensive schemes BB will use this season. Finally with a liability like Revis there, BB can shift the focus more to other areas on the field and give extra help there. Will be fun.

I am confused. Why would an apparent superstar in his late 20's sign a 1 year deal and risk forfeiting a better long term deal? Or did Revis fall off last season? I didn't watch the Buccs much other than knowing their pass defense was on the lower half of the league.