The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

They wanted him on a 1 year deal just to get him in New England. They also want to feel it out and see if he fits here. Once those two factors are complete, the Pats will sign him long-term. Can't wait to see how BB uses him. Finally I can look forward to our defence.

I get why the Pats would do it but not why Revis would. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

I get why the Pats would do it but not why Revis would. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

My guess is he just wants a shot at a title and then see what happens after that. But your right I'm sure some mid-level team would have thrown 3-5 years at him at a similar or higher salary

He's in his prime. Why go waste 5 years in sh*tholes like Jacksonville, or Oakland, or back to the Jets, or Buffalo..etc? He goes into New England on a one year deal, which means he will play his as* off, and if he proves he's worth 12-15 million a year, the Pats will extend him for probably 3-4 years.

Heard about it earlier on a Boston Sports Radio. They said it was something like Logan Airport.

EDIT: Just did some googling and found this and a few articles saying that NE is one of the places he would go so I don't think they'd be lieng. It was a rumor though I believe. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/carolina-panthers-trying-to-trade-steve-smith--could-end-up-releasing-him-214136947.html

Edited by CIaude Giroux

Sorry if I'm annoying some of you, but saying this out of honestly and no intention to cause tension...

Can't wait to see the defensive schemes BB will use this season. Finally with a liability like Revis there, BB can shift the focus more to other areas on the field and give extra help there. Will be fun.

Thats the beauty of Revis, he's so good covering you can stick him on the best wr, give him no help and actually shift defense to the opposite of the feild and run zone blitzes from anywhere. The bucs didn't use him proper, but go back and watch Revis with Rex and thats what you saw. Geez if you guys get browner too, wow that will some defense.. Now you just need to sign Lafell and Edelmen you should be set.

Sproles to Philly! Wow thats one dynamic backfeild

Apparently Steve Smith and Jared Allen were seen in a New England airport :D

I don't know you want Jared Allen do you? He's already come out saying if he doesn't get a fair offer he's done. I dunno to me that sounds like someone who already has one foot out the door

Saints traded Sproles to the Eagles for a 5th.

Odd trade, very cheap price :/

And how good is Browner? I've seen him play a few times and heard his name but don't know enough about him. What type of sure is he and why can't the Broncos keep him? Also wasn't it he who got suspended this past season for something?

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

Odd trade, very cheap price :/

And how good is Browner? I've seen him play a few times and heard his name but don't know enough about him. What type of sure is he and why can't the Broncos keep him? Also wasn't it he who got suspended this past season for something?

What? He's been with the Seahawks last few years.
  • Upvote 1

There's a team option for a 2nd year for Darrelle Revis. Total deal is 2 years 32 million.

Patriots also get 3rd round pick from Denver for Talib.

Essentially traded a very talented, but possibly injury prone/hot headed Talib for an even more talented Revis and a 3rd round pick, and having the option of whether you want to keep Revis for the 2nd year. How did this Belichick pull this off?

Edit: Reading more into it, the option for 2nd year would pay Revis 20 million. We all know that's not going to happen. Apparently what it does is force the two sides to visit contract negotiations again next year, and there's apparently already a blue print for a long term deal drawn up and agreed upon by both sides but it won't be looked into until next February/March.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

<p>&nbsp;</p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="pdc" data-cid="12029888" data-time="1394724839"><div><p><br><br>I don't know you want Jared Allen do you? He's already come out saying if he doesn't get a fair offer he's done. I dunno to me that sounds like someone who already has one foot out the door</p></div></blockquote><p>&nbsp;</p>

He's a man with principles. Why play if someone doesn't think you are worth your value. He alreay has enough money for the rest of his life

There's a team option for a 2nd year for Darrelle Revis. Total deal is 2 years 32 million.

Patriots also get 3rd round pick from Denver for Talib.

Essentially traded a very talented, but possibly injury prone/hot headed Talib for an even more talented Revis and a 3rd round pick, and having the option of whether you want to keep Revis for the 2nd year. How did this Belichick pull this off?

Edit: Reading more into it, the option for 2nd year would pay Revis 20 million. We all know that's not going to happen. Apparently what it does is force the two sides to visit contract negotiations again next year, and there's apparently already a blue print for a long term deal drawn up and agreed upon by both sides but it won't be looked into until next February/March.

Interesting the way I read it was they added the 2nd year at 20 million to help spread the cap hit over a couple years instead of taking one big hit. But sounded like he would cut at the end of this season. Simply because no cb is worth 20 million; is that how you understood it?