The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I disagree, I think Easley is a spectacular player. The trick will be keeping his knees in tact.

He's got power to bust through the gap that can't really be coached, that's just the hunger and effort in him.

Ray Lewis went off about how he watched Easley play live and singled him out as the sole reason why his alma mater Miami couldn't get stuff done on offense.

If, IF, Easley can stay healthy, he, Jones, Wilfork and Ninkovich with Tommy Kelly subbing in will be a great front 4.

I see a LB being taken on day 2 by the Pats in the second round. Jace Amaro unfortunately will be gone by the time we pick again.

I love that Khalil Mack dropped to the Raiders, guy will be a play maker.

excited to see who the Raiders grab at 36 tomorrow. Unfortunately, If the Texans pass on Derek Carr, I think the Raiders will grab him.

Would love to see Jernigan, Bitonio or Lee drafted by the Raiders in the 2nd tomorrow.

That tape they showed on Bridgewater after he was drafted was really unflattering. What do those of you guys who've watched him before think of him?

Think he'll be nothing more than a current Palmer QB. A below average starter-good backup QB.

:picard:

I know he's not the best QB but saying that is just premature lol. Can't throw the ball, no patience? That's his biggest asset. He get criticized for not being quick enough cause he extends plays and opens up doors that weren't there before the snap. I agree there's a risk he busts but he has the assets to make it work at the NFL level and his last few QB performances shows he can learn quickly.

He won't be able to extend plays in the NFL though, he can't stiff arm D linemens or run back 20 yards and run around them, he has to learn how to sit in the pocket and look for the pass. He misses so many open guys because he's always trying to run or not changing options.

He has too many flaws for me to take, I would have taken Bridgewater and Carr over Manziel. He won't be able to do college plays against NFL professionals.

He won't be able to extend plays in the NFL though, he can't stiff arm D linemens or run back 20 yards and run around them, he has to learn how to sit in the pocket and look for the pass. He misses so many open guys because he's always trying to run or not changing options.

He has too many flaws for me to take, I would have taken Bridgewater and Carr over Manziel. He won't be able to do college plays against NFL professionals.

I bet people used to say the same thing about Russel Wilson. Reckless on the field, too small etc... Hopefully for Cleveland fans he can make some plays and give that team a winning season again. The Browns have been awful for, ugh, as long as my NFL memory goes back.

Good coaching (does Cleveland have this?) and he could mature into a solid starting role.

So how is everybody liking the draft so far?

Some surprises in day 1 excited for tomorrow.

Not a fan of the Eagles pick. I know Chip likes to be unconventional and out of the box I just hope they are not reaching based on needs now after trying to take the bpa last year.

They covet versatility and size and smarts so it does somewhat make sense.

Hopefully tomorrow they get one of the big name receivers left like Lattimer,Matthews, and Moncrief.

Still can't believe Marquise Lee slipped to the second round.

I bet people used to say the same thing about Russel Wilson. Reckless on the field, too small etc... Hopefully for Cleveland fans he can make some plays and give that team a winning season again. The Browns have been awful for, ugh, as long as my NFL memory goes back.

Good coaching (does Cleveland have this?) and he could mature into a solid starting role.

They are more likely to end up like Tebow than Wilson though

They are more likely to end up like Tebow than Wilson though

Haha! Yep, there is a certain connection between those two.

So how is everybody liking the draft so far?

Some surprises in day 1 excited for tomorrow.

Not a fan of the Eagles pick. I know Chip likes to be unconventional and out of the box I just hope they are not reaching based on needs now after trying to take the bpa last year.

They covet versatility and size and smarts so it does somewhat make sense.

Hopefully tomorrow they get one of the big name receivers left like Lattimer,Matthews, and Moncrief.

Still can't believe Marquise Lee slipped to the second round.

I am no Houston fan, but Watt + Clowney = no joke.

Just realized Kelvin Benjamin is 6 foot 5 and 240 pounds at receiver!!

Knew he was big but not that big. Ebron the TE Detroit drafted is 6 foot 5 and 250 and he is also pretty much an over sized receiver as opposed to a true TE who can not only catch but block.

If he gains 10 more pounds and can't keep his weight in check then he is gonna have to move to TE.

Either way Newton must be relieved to have someone other than Avant and Cotchery to throw to next year. :lol:

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 2

I don't get why Manziel did the $ thing, he lost around $12m from going 3rd to 22nd. Obviously he's still going to get paid like a mofo but still... $12m is a lot.

Advertisements bud. He's going to make a buttload.

I like the Ebron pick for my Lions. Not all that surprised it was him after the two defensive players I've heard linked there alot in Gilbert and Barr were already gone. I've heard he will be used in a Jimmy Graham type role so that really excites me. And have fun defending us in the red zone with 6'5 Calvin Johnson, 6'6 Pettigrew, 6'5 Ebron and 6'7 Fauria that can all catch the ball pretty well (except for Pettigrew at times)

As for who I want tomorrow I think it has to be a defensive player and Kyle Van Noy would be my ideal pick or maybe Stanley Jean-Baptiste. Another wideout is needed I think, but that can be put on hold until the 3rd or 4th now I think with the Ebron pick. Time to focus on the D.

Overall great draft as always. My steal goes to either Cleveland grabbing Manziel in the 20's where many (including myself) thought they would take him at #4 or Ha Ha Clinton Dix at #21. Biggest reach is probably the Dolphins pick, but that's more just because I have never heard of him in my life

Edited by canuckfan_21

Just realized Kelvin Benjamin is 6 foot 5 and 240 pounds at receiver!!

Knew he was big but not that big. Ebron the TE Detroit drafted is 6 foot 5 and 250 and he is also pretty much an over sized receiver as opposed to a true TE who can not only catch but block.

If he gains 10 more pounds and can't keep his weight in check then he is gonna have to move to TE.

Either way Newton must be relieved to have someone other than Avant and Cotchery to throw to next year. :lol:

What will CAR do next ? They have no bonafied WR1 or WR2 . Benjamin/Newton might surprise like Keenan Allen did with Rivers but they will need support. Avant and Cotch will have to have career years for the Panthers to repeat like last year.

I am wondering if we will see some big trades before training camp this year. Many rosters still have big holes. I thought DAL was really gonna make a play for the state hero in Manziel but I guess they want to sink the ship with Romo ?

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles

What will CAR do next ? They have no bonafied WR1 or WR2 . Benjamin/Newton might surprise like Keenan Allen did with Rivers but they will need support. Avant and Cotch will have to have career years for the Panthers to repeat like last year.

I am wondering if we will see some big trades before training camp this year. Many rosters still have big holes. I thought DAL was really gonna make a play for the state hero in Manziel but I guess they want to sink the ship with Romo ?

The internet would have crashed if they picked Manziel. No way that would actually happen.

Jerruh is a businessman even he knows the controversy over Romo and his 100 million deal would not be worth it to bring in Manziel to sell merchandise.

Instead he is beefing up the o-line to protect his investment in Romo.