The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Once the news broke that the Patriots had brought in star cornerback Darrelle Revis a few months ago, we knew that we would be in for a treat when it came to Tom Brady and Revis battling it out.

In my opinion, these two guys are the best in the league at their respective positions, so it should be fun to see them go at each other in training camp, later this year.

Brady actually spoke with MMQBs Peter King about this topic yesterday:

I personally think that Revis will get the better of Brady in team competitions, mainly because of the receivers that the quarterback has at his disposal. There is nobody on this Pats team that I think can flat out beat Revis, which leaves Brady at a disadvantage.

So building a couple hotels? Lets hold off on that talk for now, Tommy. (Of course, Revis will absolutely eat up the opposition, which is all that matters at the end of the day).

Loving this. Revis seems like he's in top shape again and Brady's noticing it on the practice field :lol:

Can't wait for the season to start. The defense this year is going to be amazing if they can stay healthy. Hope Browner can light up some receivers. We have a lot of depth at RB but we still need a #1 receiver for Tom (cough cough Andre Johnson).

You guys have a scary good defense now. We're going to have to run the ball effectively against you guys in order to win.

Talking about Talib:

Aqib Talib has had few kind things to say about the Patriots since leaving the team this offseason. He took shots at the Patriots management of his hip and thigh injury. Now, he is picking his current signal caller, Peyton Manning, over his former, Tom Brady.

“You gotta go Peyton Manning,” Talib said Friday on NFL Network. “Tom is a good friend of mine. What’s up Tom, baby? [Manning] had an awesome year. He tore it up. He like set the record for touchdowns. He beat Tom in the AFC Championship. You gotta give it to Peyton. Tom know that’s my dog man, he know.”

It comes as no surprise that Talib is siding with his new quarterback. His comments would be more surprising if his allegiances still lied with Brady. He did, however, have a few thoughts on his contract negotiations with the Patriots and his eventual departure from New England.

“Bill sure didn’t want to give me that money,” Talib said on NFL Network. “So hey, he gave it to Revis. It is what it is.”

Belichick and the Patriots did not match the Broncos’ six-year, $57 million offer. Instead, they signed Revis to a one-year, $12 million contract. Considering differences in contract length and guaranteed money, the two deals are like apples and oranges.

To bring it full circle, however, Brady spoke how big of a challenge Darelle Revis poses at practice.

“I’m tired of throwing against him, that’s for sure,’’ Brady said to Peter King in The Monday Morning Quarterback. “I did tell him, ‘Hey, we plan on building a couple of hotels on your island over there, so don’t be offended.’ “

Love Talib. Very honest guy and he's taking his new boys back :P still has love for Tom but he's saying what he's got to in order to get the trust factor in him lol. Was an absolute anchor here, hope he brings that same success to Denver.

Andre Johnson absent during today's mandatory OTA's. Dear lord ship him out of Houston for the better of him, and the cherry on too would be NE :) even if it's not, he deserves out and a chance to win.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport has reported that Andre Johnson is unlikely to attend Houston Texans mandatory minicamp in June, so it was no surprise that the veteran wide receiver failed to report for voluntary OTAs on Tuesday.

Absences from voluntary practices are traditionally overblown by head coaches as well as the media, only to be long forgotten by the time training camps roll around in late July.

It's noteworthy in Johnson's case, though, because of speculation in Houston that he would have a change of heart and join his teammates after openly wondering if he would better off playing for a different organization at this stage of his career.

Johnson has not requested a trade, which leaves us wondering to what end is his absence?

"I have a ton of respect for him," Texans coach Bill O'Brien said, per ESPN.com. "We'd love to have him here now. That's up to him."

With 25 teams holding OTAs on Tuesday, here are the other notable no-shows:

Yeah if Lee is done for the year so are the Cowboys

EDIT:

This just got tweeted:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 1m ·

The #Cowboys fears have been confirmed: Sean Lee has a torn ACL. He’s expected to miss the 2014 season.

Edited by CIaude Giroux