The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

LOL. That's all I have to say.

Rex's dream job would be a job on Belichicks coaching staff judging from how much he rides his d*ck in press conferences. He should make the switch and come have a legitimate shot at a ring. He's not going nowhere near the lombardi in the upcoming years in Jersey and he'd sure help shore up that defense.

Speaking of that defense, the secondary is getting healthier and better. Obviously nothing to call home about yet, but with Chung healthy finally, Talib getting more comfortable (was solid tonight), Alfonzo Dennard has been so impressive for a 7th rounder (was supposed to be a 2nd rounder if not for legal troubles), and McCourty with Gregory, Arrington, Dowling providing depth, there is potential there.

Hope the Texans lose their next game and the Patriots can stomp the 'Fins, then the game vs Texans will be an opportunity to take over 1st seed.

Hahaha, I laughed for a good couple of minutes when that happened. He got the full Rakishi a*s face treatment there.

Whenever I'm having a hard or stressful day, I always think that there are poor souls out there who have to live with him as their quarterback for as long as Rex is coaching that team.

Hope the Texans lose their next game and the Patriots can stomp the 'Fins, then the game vs Texans will be an opportunity to take over 1st seed.

That would be against the Titans, who have only won twice at home this year, and are the 2nd worst team in the league for points allowed.

I doubt Tennessee will beat Houston, who already slaughtered them this year 38-14.

That would be against the Titans, who have only won twice at home this year, and are the 2nd worst team in the league for points allowed.

I doubt Tennessee will beat Houston, who already slaughtered them this year 38-14.

Any given Sundany!!!

But I know, you're probably right. Maybe Locker will have the game of his career :) Their secondary has shown they're vulnerable. It's just about stopping that mammoth J J Watt

Any given Sundany!!!

But I know, you're probably right. Maybe Locker will have the game of his career :) Their secondary has shown they're vulnerable. It's just about stopping that mammoth J J Watt

28742372.jpg

seriously, he's beasting. Everybody in the league knows the guy's m.o. and still nobody can figure out how to get around him.

HE CANNOT BE STOPPED!

I don't think you "can" stop him. I saw him beat double team multiple times, and even vs triple teams, he's quick and smart enough to take a step back and jump up when the pass is thrown, I'm surprised he doesn't have any interceptions this year. The guy is a tank.

Ps: Dnomingdk;lagukh Suh is a dirty animal.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Speaking of JJ Watt, I didn't know he was such a big hockey fan until I read this today.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/19/hockey-first-love-for-gigantic-texans-defender

HOUSTON - The NFL's best defender loves Canada. Loves Poutine. Loves Tim Hortons.

And he grew up on skates, dreaming of becoming an NHL star.

In an interview Friday with QMI Agency, Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt revealed that hockey probably was his first love as a kid growing up in Pewaukee, Wis.

"Hockey is STILL possibly my favourite sport," Watt said. "I skated at age 3. So from age 3 to 13, I was on skates every day. I loved it."

Watt, a tremendous all-round athlete, played rep hockey. He travelled to tournaments as far away as Germany. And, often, in Canada.

"I'm a huge fan of Canadians," Watt said. "I was up there all the time. I used to play all over. I've played in Quebec City, I've played in Montreal, I've played in Toronto. Went to the Hockey Hall of Fame a few times.

"I love it there. Great place, great people. And I love Tim Hortons. Tim Hortons is one of my favourite things I've done! And then what city has the fries and ... gravy, is it?

Yes, gravy. And cheese curds. Poutine. That was probably in Quebec.

"Yeah. It's delicious! It's not healthy whatsoever, but it's delicious."

Watt, 23, might be 6-foot-5, 295 pounds now and more solid than a iron ice-rink stanchion, but he implied he was a pretty good player -- fast on his skates.

"I was a centre. I was small then, so I was a goal scorer."

So what happened when he turned 13?

" It got very expensive for my family," Watt said. "I used to play in Germany, too, and everywhere. It got really expensive, and so that was the reason I had to quit."

Watt said he was "super sad" about it.

Could the uber-confident, high-intensity Watt have made it to the NHL?

"I'd like to think so. I'll definitely be in an old-man league when I'm done playing football."

That was the sound of a million Canadian beer-leaguers gulping.

By the way who do you guys think has been the best QB this year? Stafford and Romo are 1 and 2 in passing yards but neither of them I think should be considered. I personally think it is really between P.Manning and Brady. Pretty incredible seeing their age. Also in contention would be Brees and Rodgers.

By the way who do you guys think has been the best QB this year? Stafford and Romo are 1 and 2 in passing yards but neither of them I think should be considered. I personally think it is really between P.Manning and Brady. Pretty incredible seeing their age. Also in contention would be Brees and Rodgers.

Manning would get my vote

Fan Tries To Trade Candy For Eagles Tickets

For those masochistic Philadelphia Eagles fans looking for another reminder of how bad their team is, try this:

A fan on Craigslist is offering to swap his leftover Halloween candy for Eagles tickets, and he thinks it's a fair trade.

This is the posting that went up this week:

I'll trade my leftover Halloween candy for tickets to the Eagles vs Pathers game this Monday night.

I have 23 Snickers bars (fun size), 5 Snickers Almond bars (fun size), and an unopened bag of Charms Blow Pops (assorted flavors).

The game is Monday night, it's against the Panthers, and it's going to be cold. If you'd rather not sit through another Eagles' game, this is a great trade.

3Me3Fb3I55G25V35F2cbl738bdeb735d11770.jpg

Ouch.

As much as it hurts Eagles fans to see it, this guy has a point. The Eagles are in last place and this week they're playing the last-place Panthers. The weather will likely be in the 40s in Philadelphia on Monday, and it can be a hassle to get to and from a Monday night game.

Granted, much of the candy is fun size, and the bags have been opened, but is that better than paying to see some terrible football? Maybe.

:picard:

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 1