The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

By the way who do you guys think has been the best QB this year? Stafford and Romo are 1 and 2 in passing yards but neither of them I think should be considered. I personally think it is really between P.Manning and Brady. Pretty incredible seeing their age. Also in contention would be Brees and Rodgers.

It's close, I still think Rodgers is the best Qb in the league, and if you were to build a team I'd start with him. Because he is just as good of pocket passer but much better at throwing off the run and scrambling if needed. However I'd bet money on Manning winning offensive player of the year, purely because of the comeback story.

oh i misread you thought you meant that the only thing they had to worry about on houston as a whole was Watt

Oh no, that offense has a lot of weapons now. Besides Foster and Johnson, Owen Daniels is a big threat as is Garrett Graham now, their receiver, whats his name, kevin walter has good potential

Oh no, that offense has a lot of weapons now. Besides Foster and Johnson, Owen Daniels is a big threat as is Garrett Graham now, their receiver, whats his name, kevin walter has good potential

I don't really agree I think a lot of people are making Houston out to be more than they are. Their Defence is good thats hard to argue, but beside Arian Foster and their run game I don't think their offence is too much to fear. Andre Johnson is no where near what he used to be, he is still good but far from elite. Owen Daniels is a decent TE Garret Graham and Kevin Walter are nothing special at all. Foster and their play action make the rest of that offence look good.

I don't really agree I think a lot of people are making Houston out to be more than they are. Their Defence is good thats hard to argue, but beside Arian Foster and their run game I don't think their offence is too much to fear. Andre Johnson is no where near what he used to be, he is still good but far from elite. Owen Daniels is a decent TE Garret Graham and Kevin Walter are nothing special at all. Foster and their play action make the rest of that offence look good.

Can't argue with that. I was just going based off of how many yards and td's andre johnson and owen daniels have.

Houston's 10-1 record and undefeated road record says hello.

To be fair to PDC, the only good teams Houston has defeated are the Ravens and Bears (who I think are over rated anyways). They barely squeaked by the Lions and had it not been for Schwartz eagerness they would have 2 losses on the season, and they barely squeaked by the jaguars although it was a good come from behind story. The reason I'm not putting the Broncos in that "good team" category is cause they beat the Broncos in week 3 when they hadn't really hit their stride yet.

The rest of their schedule seems pretty easy as well depending on whether Andrew Luck hits the rookie wall or not. If he doesn't, then the Texans will have a tough go at it with the Patriots once and the Colts twice, if he does, then all they have left is one challenging game vs the Pats in Foxboro.

Houston's 10-1 record and undefeated road record says hello.

That's fair but let me ask you this who have they beaten that was overal impressive? They have 3 decent wins that I can see even those could be argued. They won against Denver, but that was at the beggining of the season when the Broncos weren't playing as well. A win against the Ravens, who is another team I'm not overly impressed by. A win versus the Bears where Cutler was knocked out at half.Wins are wins and a 10-1 record is nothing to balk at. They are the best in the AFC, which I beleive is just awful this year. But not the best in the NFL like many claim.Though my original point was I don't beleive their offence is something to be really feared.They are good not great. Love their deffence tho especially JJ Watt

Edited by pdc

To be fair to PDC, the only good teams Houston has defeated are the Ravens and Bears (who I think are over rated anyways). They barely squeaked by the Lions and had it not been for Schwartz eagerness they would have 2 losses on the season, and they barely squeaked by the jaguars although it was a good come from behind story. The reason I'm not putting the Broncos in that "good team" category is cause they beat the Broncos in week 3 when they hadn't really hit their stride yet.

The rest of their schedule seems pretty easy as well depending on whether Andrew Luck hits the rookie wall or not. If he doesn't, then the Texans will have a tough go at it with the Patriots once and the Colts twice, if he does, then all they have left is one challenging game vs the Pats in Foxboro.

How are the Bears and Ravens overrated? They're records speak for themselves. The Ravens beat New England and Pittsburgh, two teams anyone would have guessed as playoff bound teams to start the season.

The Bears seem to lose to the best teams in the league and beat everyone else.

Detroit is also not an easy team to beat at home, on Thanksgiving Day, which is rich in history in Detroit for the NFL, and Houston did it on 4 days rest.

.I expect Doug Martin to have a killer day today, cant believe I have him, Richardson, Spiller and Foster as my RB's in my NFL fantasy team, pretty much 4 of the top 5 RB's right now.

How are the Bears and Ravens overrated? They're records speak for themselves. The Ravens beat New England and Pittsburgh, two teams anyone would have guessed as playoff bound teams to start the season.

Detroit is also not an easy team to beat at home, on Thanksgiving Day, which is rich in history in Detroit for the NFL, and Houston did it on 4 days rest.

.I expect Doug Martin to have a killer day today, cant believe I have him, Richardson, Spiller and Foster as my RB's in my NFL fantasy team, pretty much 4 of the top 5 RB's right now.

I didn't call the Ravens overrated and what I bolded is you explaining yourself why the Bears are overrated. The Lions were 0-7 on Thanksgiving day coming into the game, and Stafford was 0-2 with a 2-7 touchdown:interception ratio. I don't think Houston was worried about having to play them on Thanksgiving day.

Wow I'm jealous my RB's blow this year and picked up Hilman on the waiver wire thinking he would get the start and they go with Moreno WTF! Moreno is garbage.Bears D is good and i think they are a good team when Cutler plays. When they played Houston Cutler got injured, the Bears just seem like a different team with out Cutler. But that was still a good win.I just personally don't think much of the Ravens they seem SB champs 1 week then the next look like crap. Especially their offence, everytime I start beleiving in Flacco he craps the bed. Somehow I'm expecting them to be pretty lackluster today and lose to a bad Chargers team, it wouldn't surprise me. Overall I think Houston is good top 5 yes, but I just hear people call them runnaway favorites. I just think this year the NFC has better teams in it

I didn't call the Ravens overrated and what I bolded is you explaining yourself why the Bears are overrated.

Can't argue with that. I was just going based off of how many yards and td's andre johnson and owen daniels have.

To be fair to PDC, the only good teams Houston has defeated are the Ravens and Bears (who I think are over rated anyways).

Huh?

Maybe you meant just the Bears are over-rated?

Edited by vancanfan

Wow I'm jealous my RB's blow this year and picked up Hilman on the waiver wire thinking he would get the start and they go with Moreno WTF! Moreno is garbage.Bears D is good and i think they are a good team when Cutler plays. When they played Houston Cutler got injured, the Bears just seem like a different team with out Cutler. But that was still a good win.I just personally don't think much of the Ravens they seem SB champs 1 week then the next look like crap. Especially their offence, everytime I start beleiving in Flacco he craps the bed. Somehow I'm expecting them to be pretty lackluster today and lose to a bad Chargers team, it wouldn't surprise me. Overall I think Houston is good top 5 yes, but I just hear people call them runnaway favorites. I just think this year the NFC has better teams in it

I shake my head somedays, still unsure how I got away with drafting all these RB's and got away with it.

But a 3 game losing streak took me from 6-1 to 6-4, so I need a big day from these guys today.

• Upvote 1

I called the Ravens overated lol. Its based of a gut feel more than anything. But I have no faith in their offence. Ray Rice is a good back and they have good WR's and TE's but if it came down to them needing to score I don't beleive in them. Couple that with all their injuries on Defence and I'd move them down to just in the top 10 in the NFL.

I shake my head somedays, still unsure how I got away with drafting all these RB's and got away with it.

But a 3 game losing streak took me from 6-1 to 6-4, so I need a big day from these guys today.

I play in a deep 20 team league, so we only start 1 RB, I have Charles who's been real hit or miss this year. I'm 7-3-1 if I can some how get a good game out of Jordy Nelson, Charles, Washinton and Hilman as my flex I can wrap up 1st

• Upvote 1