The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

And the plot thickens for the #2 spot in the AFC. Ravens show they are a mediocre team. Also good to see both Harbaughs lose this week. With the exception of Bellichek, they are the 2 most annoying coaches in the NFL

Really? You prefer loud mouth arrogan talk out their as*es coaches like Rex and Rob Ryan over guys like belichick and the harbaugh's who stay quiet and have the respect of their players? I'm not saying you have to like either of those 3 but there are far more annoying coaches than them.

With the Seahawks win today they are basically in the playoffs.

Now all that's left to settle in the NFC is the east and who wins the north

EAST

Giants,skins or cowboys

NORTH

Chicago/GB

SOUTH

Atlanta

WEST

San Francisco

WILD CARD

Chicago /GB

Seattle

Edited by Tony Romo

Also here are the schedules for the 3 teams in the race for #2 in the AFC

Broncos (9-3) *Need Patriots to lose as they would lose the tie breaker to Pats

Dec 6 @ Oakland

Dec 16 @ Baltimore

Dec 23 VS Cleveland

Dec 30 VS Kansas City

Baltimore (9-3)

Dec 9 @ Washington

Dec 16 vs Denver

Dec 23 VS New York Giants

Dec 30 @ Cincinatti

Patriots (9-3)* Current #2 seed

Dec 10 Vs Houston

Dec 16 vs San Francisco

Dec 23 @ Jacksonville

Dec 30 vs Miami

Non objectively Denver has the easiest schedule

A good case could be made for either fo the 3 teams to get #2 however Baltimore has shown us all season they arnt exactly a powerhouse. I see this coming down between Denver and New England.

I know the motto of any given sunday but on paper it is a toss up between Denver and NE. Denver should beat Oakland, Cinccy and KC. New England should beat out Miami and Jacksonville so basically it comes down to whether New England can win against either Houston or San Fran (or have to win both if Denver beats Baltimore which is something I expect)

Really? You prefer loud mouth arrogan talk out their as*es coaches like Rex and Rob Ryan over guys like belichick and the harbaugh's who stay quiet and have the respect of their players? I'm not saying you have to like either of those 3 but there are far more annoying coaches than them.

I like coaches that dont brutalize refs. Bellicheck isnt as bad as the Harbaughs who in my opinion treat the refs terribly. It is like they think the refs are pieces of crap.

Bellicheck just comes across ignorant and smug though the guys won 3 championships so he has a reaosn to be I guess. Just dont like his demeanour though.

BTW, my favorite coaches are Pete Carrol and Mike Tomlin. Both very professional.

I don't know why you'd be surprised, it's the truth. He's a murderer. Just because he was an athlete doesn't mean people should take it lightly. Had he not taken a cowards way out and taken his own life as well, he'd be behind bars. Would his team still be extra motivated to win "for" him? What kind of monster can shoot his girlfriend 9 times in front of his mother? In the same house as his daughter? Don't get me wrong, it's terrible that anybody had to die and I'm not saying people shouldn't mourn the loss of someone they once considered a teammate. It's just disgusting, in my opinion, to play "for" someone who murdered an innocent woman.

Glad NFL.com had the balls to take down the through the years tribute to him. Could you imagine being a family member of Kassandra and going on NFL.com and seeing a tribute to the man who murdered your sister/daughter/cousin/niece/co worker/friend. Don't know what kind of clowns they have running that site.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I was trivializing the death of an innocent woman. My comment was directed at your assertion that it took a murder/suicide for the Chiefs to be able to muster a winning effort.

it was thoughtless and insensitive IMO and that's why I called you on it.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I was trivializing the death of an innocent woman. My comment was directed at your assertion that it took a murder/suicide for the Chiefs to be able to muster a winning effort.

it was thoughtless and insensitive IMO and that's why I called you on it.

Well, it did. In my opinion anyways. The way the pre-game analysts were spinning it along with everything else in the media, it seems like the Chiefs wanted to win for Belcher and thus played perhaps more motivated than they normally would. I'm not trying to take away from the sensitivity of the situation, I just think it's stupid that thats what it takes for this team to show up. Or hey, maybe I could be wrong and it was all cause the Panthers suck. Who knows.

Well, it did. In my opinion anyways. The way the pre-game analysts were spinning it along with everything else in the media, it seems like the Chiefs wanted to win for Belcher and thus played perhaps more motivated than they normally would. I'm not trying to take away from the sensitivity of the situation, I just think it's stupid that thats what it takes for this team to show up. Or hey, maybe I could be wrong and it was all cause the Panthers suck. Who knows.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, or maybe it was a combination of the two. The point is, you're ridiculing an organization that had already been going through a horrible season and now that it has gotten immeasurably worse for a bunch of people who have done absolutely nothing wrong, you're kicking them while they're down.

It's a completely low blow and since you're normally a decent poster, I genuinely am surprised that you'd do so.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, or maybe it was a combination of the two. The point is, you're ridiculing an organization that had already been going through a horrible season and now that it has gotten immeasurably worse for a bunch of people who have done absolutely nothing wrong, you're kicking them while they're down.

It's a completely low blow and since you're normally a decent poster, I genuinely am surprised that you'd do so.

It wasn't intended to be a shot at the Chiefs or their organization, nor was it anything to take away from the sensitivity and the seriousness of yesterday's events. I was just taking my frustration towards the media out at the team because the media was correlating the events with the teams mindset heading into the game today.

• Upvote 1

God that the defense sucks. Everything about this defense is the one of the worst in league.

1) the crowd witch is very important in football is an embarrassment.

2)outside of ware no pass rush

3)can never get a turnover

4)gives up big plays on the run and the pass

Anyone know how the race between Seattle and San Fran works?

San Fran is 8-3-1 while Seattle is 7-5

Lets say Seattle beats San Fran 3 weeks time and the teams finish with identical records. Does the nod go to San Fran because they have less losses? How would it play out?

I'm assuming you meant something like San Fran: 11-4-1, Seattle: 11-5.

Then yes, it does. A tie is better than a loss.

Edited by The Great Honey Badger