The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Two false statements there. 1, we're not going to win for sure. Not only are we on the road, but we barely beat them in overtime earlier in the season thanks to their receiver dropping the ball with no defenders around him. Add in that Sanchez is coming off a game where he played average (which is Elite to him and Jets fans), he'll come in to tonights game with confidence.

2) Hernandez is playing tonight unless he snaps his ankle in the hotel or something. This coming from reports by Mike Reiss anyways.

What did I tell ya? :P FOr sure win hhehehe...

Hell yeah to AFC East champs yet again!!

Just heard on NFL Network that as per the CBA, Zoe's estate/Guardian will receive $9,000 per month over the next 4 years, $48,000 the next year and then $52,000 a year until she turns 18 or 23 (depending on if she goes to college)

Plus it's said that the players on the Chiefs are trying to put something together for her as well. It's good to know that she'll be taken care of financially at least

• Upvote 1

Well the Eagles have been a nightmare ever since Vince Young called them the dream team last season.

All of their free agent signings have been busts.

The only thing to look forward to is a new coach and a new philosophy. Going forward it looks like Foles will be the guy. Vick will be dumped.

Who will want Vick? At his age and his athleticism is not what it once was. He is injury prone and can't read defenses.

The whole secondary needs to be looked at.

It seems odd to me though that Reid is making moves for the future already when his job is not guaranteed for next season.

It could just be that he wants to leave Philly and be remembered as a guy who did what was best for the franchise moving forward when he turns the keys over rather than playing to save his job.

Maclin should also be traded. They need a big physical true #1 receiver to compliment Desean Jackson's speed. Maclin is too similar to Jackson.

Riley Cooper is a good red zone guy but I don't know if he has the speed or route running ability to get open down field and play on a regular basis.

At least it looks like the Eagles will have one of the best backfield's in the league next year in McCoy and Bryce Brown that should help Foles to improve quicker as a qb.

I think it will be good for both Reid and the Eagles to mutually part ways. I'm sure Reid will get hired in San Diego when Norv Turner is fired.

The Eagles need a fiery coach like Tomlin or Harbaugh who's philsophy is physical smash mouth football. That's what the Philly fans want.

They want a team they can relate to who is tough and big and physical not based on flash and no substance. Laurie better not disappoint.

We'll take Maclin. Welker, Maclin, Edelman, Woodhead, Hernandez, who will the screen pass go to? no one will know! Sigh. That'd be nice.

I think you guys also need a big receiver on the outside you already have enough slot guys. :lol:

Actually I don't mind Maclin as a slot guy but out wide they need a bigger body especially for the red zone. Hopefully Riley Cooper can become the true #1 receiver they have lacked since T.O.

A core of Maclin in the slot with Jackson and Cooper on the outside would really pressure defenses.

Avant isn't much of a threat right now in the slot after the catch because of his lack of speed but if they let Maclin loose in the slot with his speed he could really do some damage underneath along with Celek.

I'm really intrigued by Riley Cooper he runs a 4.5 40 at 6 foot 3 and 220 pounds and has a 40 inch vertical... pretty fly for a white guy no?

Could become the next great breakout receiver no has heard about yet if he develops in the off-season.

I really like the potential of the Eagles offence if Cooper develops and Foles continues his growth.

Whoever coaches this team next year will have plenty of talent on offence to work with. If the O-line is healthy it also is a solid unit despite the problems of this year.

The main problems with the Eagles is that defense. Off-season priority should clearly be on overhauling the defense.

Edited by Terry Crews