The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

You need to understand what I said. That every time the Pats win, haters come up with an excuse that they did so because of this or that...

Yes, that's what I was referring to, that haters say "Oh anyone can throw 4 td's" against a middle of the road (or poor) defense - wait until they face a real one....etc...etc..etc...

How the hell am I supposed to understand what you say when you start blathering on some tangent that doesn't properly reference what I said?

• Upvote 1

The reason you and many others get called bandwagoners is because the Patriots are a bandwagoners paradise. Every year there are new "Patriots fans" that do not shut up about how great there team is. Majority of fans, especially in BC I find came after 01 yet they talk about how they are die hards and crap.

Last night 5 of my friends were trolling me because the Patriots won a regular season game. Any time they win all of us have to hear about it and frankly it gets super annoying super quick. Frankly, that was an impressive win but the fact that Patriots fans feel the need to exaggerate it like it was some Super Bowl win is pretty dumb. And no, this is not a thing with only my friends. I see it on other forums as well and in a keeper league I am in for hockey. Heck, I even see it here. Many Patriots "fans" will label it as being passionate but there is being passionate and then there is being stupid especially from a team that is full of bandwagoners. It is crap like this that makes many people such as myself take so much pleasure in the Patriots tradition to lose every January or February since 2004

So...when is a fan not a bandwagon fan?

Are you saying every Canucks fan that became a fan of theirs after the Sedins were signed are bandwagon fans?

Come on.

For the record, in case you didn't know, I've been a Pats, Canucks and Bombers fan since 1975.

Does that mean I was a bandwagon fan for the first 10 years?

How the hell am I supposed to understand what you say when you start blathering on some tangent that doesn't properly reference what I said?

How the heck can you draft a reply without understanding what a person said?

If you didn't understand, why didn't you just ask "I don't understand what you're saying" instead?

A huge "plus" for properly using the word "blather", while maintaining context .. :)

Edited by Tearloch7
  • Upvote 2

The reason you and many others get called bandwagoners is because the Patriots are a bandwagoners paradise. Every year there are new "Patriots fans" that do not shut up about how great there team is. Majority of fans, especially in BC I find came after 01 yet they talk about how they are die hards and crap.

Last night 5 of my friends were trolling me because the Patriots won a regular season game. Any time they win all of us have to hear about it and frankly it gets super annoying super quick. Frankly, that was an impressive win but the fact that Patriots fans feel the need to exaggerate it like it was some Super Bowl win is pretty dumb. And no, this is not a thing with only my friends. I see it on other forums as well and in a keeper league I am in for hockey. Heck, I even see it here. Many Patriots "fans" will label it as being passionate but there is being passionate and then there is being stupid especially from a team that is full of bandwagoners. It is crap like this that makes many people such as myself take so much pleasure in the Patriots tradition to lose every January or February since 2004

Funny thing is, even though I'm a Bills fan, I don't hate the Pats (even though I do call them the Patsies ;)) The teams I hate are the Phish and the Jets. I'm also not much of a fan of the NFC East, although I don't mind the 'Skins...

I honestly can't see how anyone could hate Brady or Welker. Both carry themselves with class and play the game the way it should be played. (Hating Belichick, I can understand)

I have to believe that most of the hate for the Patriots is based on jealousy.

BTW: I only know one person who is an actual Patriot fan. I can remember him cheering for them back when Bledsoe was starting. In fact, I remember being in a bar watching Super Bowl XXXIX and everyone except for him and maybe one or two others were cheering for the Eagles...

The thing about the New England D that makes them *good* is their ability to play when they have the lead. If the game is still close and a team is able to run a two-dimensional offense, that's when the D is in trouble. But when they're up 2-3 scores, that's when Bellichick can do the things he wants to do.

So...when is a fan not a bandwagon fan?

Are you saying every Canucks fan that became a fan of theirs after the Sedins were signed are bandwagon fans?

Come on.

For the record, in case you didn't know, I've been a Pats, Canucks and Bombers fan since 1975.

Does that mean I was a bandwagon fan for the first 10 years?

No I am saying that individuals who became fans once they got good are bandwagon fans.

A lot of my friends and PATS fans in general IN BC became fans once they got good. They didnt know crap about football but then suddenly PATS win a Super Bowl or two and they jumped on the bandwagon.

Edited by canuckbeliever

Funny thing is, even though I'm a Bills fan, I don't hate the Pats (even though I do call them the Patsies ;)) The teams I hate are the Phish and the Jets. I'm also not much of a fan of the NFC East, although I don't mind the 'Skins...

I honestly can't see how anyone could hate Brady or Welker. Both carry themselves with class and play the game the way it should be played. (Hating Belichick, I can understand)

BTW: I only know one person who is an actual Patriot fan. I can remember him cheering for them back when Bledsoe was starting. In fact, I remember being in a bar watching Super Bowl XXXIX and everyone except for him and maybe one or two others were cheering for the Eagles...

Really is not based on jealousy for most people. The Pats fan base in BC as a whole is terrible. Lots of bandwagoners who do not know anything about football or for that matter there own team yet they think they do. For the record, most of the guys on this forum are not like that. There is the odd Patriot fan or two who is like that but most are not. People use the same jealously logic about Canucks fans but fact of the matter is there are a lot of Canucks fans who are annoying, uneducated homers that do not understand hockey. That is why the fan base looks bad. If you do not believe me, just read the forums.

Edited by canuckbeliever

Really is not based on jealousy for most people. The Pats fan base in BC as a whole is terrible. Lots of bandwagoners who do not know anything about football or for that matter there own team yet they think they do. For the record, most of the guys on this forum are not like that. There is the odd Patriot fan or two who is like that but most are not. People use the same jealously logic about Canucks fans but fact of the matter is there are a lot of Canucks fans who are annoying, uneducated homers that do not understand hockey. That is why the fan base looks bad. If you do not believe me, just read the forums.

Well..I'm back in BC now...so the fan base just got a whole lot better! :)

I agree what you say about some Canucks fans....I remember the riot of 94 (I was there - got out just as it was getting ugly - it was supposed to be a peaceful celebration - right...), then again in 2011...yes...not all those that were doing damage were Canucks fans - they just used it as an excuse...but I will say this, in my almost 13 years living in Calgary, I've come to respect most Flames fans - as most of them don't really care if you wear another team's jersey - unless you're being a jerk and bad mouthing them, then you deserve it. Most Flames fans just like to party/have a good time...no idea why Canucks fans can't be like that...

God, are Pats fans always this annoying?

You always seem to have some obsession with being "the victims" for some reason. Yeah, we get it. You won and overcame the hate of the entire world in doing so. Congrats. You have a good team. Now cheer for them instead of claiming some bigger victory.

It's not an obsession when people always find one little mistake that we made and crucify us for it.

If I were a Pats fan I would be worried about my defense come playoff time .. that is all .. they seem to be playing over their heads right now .. anyone but a Manning winning the Superbowl is fine by me .. Brady looks focused and I would not count them out, especially if all his receivers are healthy ..

I've been worrying about their defence since we switched over to a younger defensive core a couple seasons past. There are times when they've been good, and I mean really good to the point where they can be the best in the league. But there are times when they are just absolute crap and cost us the game.

Exactly. Whenever people bring up spygate and how we haven't won since then, I remind them that their team has also done spy gate themselves.

The thing about the New England D that makes them *good* is their ability to play when they have the lead. If the game is still close and a team is able to run a two-dimensional offense, that's when the D is in trouble. But when they're up 2-3 scores, that's when Bellichick can do the things he wants to do.

No, even when we have the lead, I can honestly tell you that we've allowed other teams to get back into the game even if we're up 2-3 scores. A couple of the losses this season is because of our inability to shut other teams down on the D. For example, the Seahawks game, the Seahawks score 14 points in the last 10 mins of the game and we gave up that huge TD throw that cost us the game by a point. Up 23-10 until they rallied and scored 14 points.

It's funny when people say others hate the Canucks and Canucks fans out of jealousy. I always wonder what they could be jealous of. We're a franchise with no league championships. It'd be so much better to be a fan of a bottom feeder team because that way there are no expectations and you can just watch the young guys develop, instead of having that "this is our year" hope every season then have it yanked away from us :(