The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

It's funny when people say others hate the Canucks and Canucks fans out of jealousy. I always wonder what they could be jealous of. We're a franchise with no league championships. It'd be so much better to be a fan of a bottom feeder team because that way there are no expectations and you can just watch the young guys develop, instead of having that "this is our year" hope every season then have it yanked away from us :(

The people that say others hate Canucks fans out jealously are those who are Canucks fans.

I am a diehard Canucks fan but as many of you are aware here, I pull no punches. I hate the BS homer fan who waves his pom pom over everything and finds a Canuck colored spin on anything. The problem with Canucks fans is that they fail to realize how bush league idiots like Kesler and Lapierre made the team and fans look in 2011. The diving and extra antics are why a lot of people hate the Canucks so much. That and the fact that every idiotic homer Canuck fan thought we had won the Cup before the finals even began. All of the ignorance and stupidity of fans culminated when it was 2-0 Vancouver in the finals, our fan base was acting reckless because it thought that the Stanley Cup was in the bag. The antics the fans and team pulled in 2011 have given every single fan base a reason to hate the Canucks.

The way a person likes a team is usually because there good at 1st

Think about how many kids liked the cowboys and 49ers back in the day and there still fans now.

Same as the Canadians,leafs, and any dynasty in the 80s or 70s

You have to be a hipster and cheer for a team before they were any good in order to not be a bandwagoner I guess.

I think both sides of the argument are a little absurd. You have one side whining and making wild generalizations that they aren't real enough fans and the other side desperately whining to prove that they are.

Maybe I'm just a so called "bandwagoner" because I don't have a favorite team and watch (any and every team in) The NFL every Sunday, Monday, and Thursday for my love of the game.

I guess that makes me the ultimate bandwagoner for cheering for a team different team, game in and game out.

I hope that doesn't make me any less of a fan.

Edited by Crom!

How fitting that Tom Brady wins his record setting 23rd player of the week award on 12/12/12.

Anyway, the Sunday nighter should be fantastic, although that's what everyone said about this Mondays game. Pats O-Line is going to have to be great again.

Edited by oh captain my captain

Now that the Thursday night portion of the NFL season is over I got a couple of points to make.

They should axe it as it is unfair for teams as majority of them have played the Sunday before. That leaves 3 days before a game which is absolutely dumb. The games are not even fun to watch as the ones they get are horrible. Overall there is nothing good about the Thursday night games. They throw a football fans week at off balance as well. I like games on Sundays and Mondays, not Thursdays. I know the NFL will never take off Thursday night games as that is the one time there home channel (NFL Network in the States) gets to broadcast NFL games but I think it should be axed and I feel majority of fans probably feel this way as well

Edited by canuckbeliever
  • Upvote 1

Now that the Thursday night portion of the NFL season is over I got a couple of points to make.

They should axe it as it is unfair for teams as majority of them have played the Sunday before. That leaves 3 days before a game which is absolutely dumb. The games are not even fun to watch as the ones they get are horrible. Overall there is nothing good about the Thursday night games. They throw a football fans week at off balance as well. I like games on Sundays and Mondays, not Thursdays. I know the NFL will never take off Thursday night games as that is the one time there home channel (NFL Network in the States) gets to broadcast NFL games but I think it should be axed and I feel majority of fans probably feel this way as well

Yeah it doesn't help teams are playing on 3 days rest or sometimes 2 if they played on Monday Night. The matchups are always crappy too.

The only good Thursday Night game this year that I can remember that was actually good was the Steelers vs the Titans.

Don't mind the Thursday nighters. Yea it's a short week for the teams, but Boohooo. It's only once per season. Not all of the games are gonna be legit as they aren't scheduled on the fly. You can only watch so many games on Sunday with them being on at the same time, at least i get to see my team guaranteed on a headliner like TNF. Even if its a diluted game, it's fair. With the lockout I can't complain about a more spread out NFL schedule. Plenty of MNF & SNF games suck too.

Edited by CanucksSayEh

I'm not really a big fan of TNF. I don't remember a TNF game being interesting to the point where I wanted to sit down and watch it. The only interesting game imo was the Saints Falcons when Brees threw 5 picks. Other than that they've been pretty dull. Also, talk about striking out for MNF. I thought the Patriots Texans game would make up for the lackluster MNF games all season but nope, we blew Houston out. It was definitely the best MNF game of the season for pats fans, but generally speaking it wasn't an exciting game, and this weeks match up seems boring as well.

I'm not really a big fan of TNF. I don't remember a TNF game being interesting to the point where I wanted to sit down and watch it. The only interesting game imo was the Saints Falcons when Brees threw 5 picks. Other than that they've been pretty dull. Also, talk about striking out for MNF. I thought the Patriots Texans game would make up for the lackluster MNF games all season but nope, we blew Houston out. It was definitely the best MNF game of the season for pats fans, but generally speaking it wasn't an exciting game, and this weeks match up seems boring as well.

The funny thing is the bad match ups on paper sometimes turn out to be better games than the games that are hyped up.

The Jets defence can't stop the run so Chris Johnson could have a monster game.

I guess that's the one thing the NFL has going for it. No matter how bad the match up people will still watch because they are betting on the games or it has a fantasy impact.

Thursday Night games are the worst thing ever. 3 days to rest/prepare for an opponent? Come on man!

The damn Packers get lucky with 3 calls in the final 2 drives. First a late hit which shouldn't have been called, then a offensive pass interference that shouldn't have been called, and then a defensive pass interference that should've been called. All three which could've resulted in a TD for the Bears.

Bears deserved the game, they got robbed by the damn refs, both games vs the cheeseheads this year have been horribly officiated.

Bring the replacement refs back.

Edited by The Great Honey Badger

Ray Rice is clearly on the coaches stank list. Inside the 5, yea let's let Flacco throw it loooooloool. That Pick six is a 14 point swing, turned a competitive game into a Denver rolling. Moreno > Mcgahee, equal production, no daily fumbles and can actually catch. DAT HURDLE!!. Holliday still scary with ball security issues. I don't think Decker or Thomas have ever "stolen" a ball in their life. As soon they have to compete with another set of hands it's an auto incomplete. No picks from Peyton though, awee yea.

Cripple fight later between KC and OAK.

Edited by CanucksSayEh