The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Any truth to Tebow requesting a move? Was on line at work and could only check my phone quickly so I couldn't tell if the Twitter handle was a parody twitter or a legit one.

Apparently if Mcelroy starts the last 2 games. Even Tebow has a limit, better to go somewhere where he can play QB, plenty of teams with a need and a shot to compete.

Apparently if Mcelroy starts the last 2 games. Even Tebow has a limit, better to go somewhere where he can play QB, plenty of teams with a need and a shot to compete.

CFL bound at this point.

The guy won a game in playoffs and then only 2 teams were interested. Not sure how you can expect much interest in a year when he was #2.

I love Tebow and really wish he was given more of a chance but what can you do.

CFL bound at this point.

The guy won a game in playoffs and then only 2 teams were interested. Not sure how you can expect much interest in a year when he was #2.

I love Tebow and really wish he was given more of a chance but what can you do.

I think he would suuckkkkkk so much in the CFL. Tebow needs his 3rd down. I think most NFL qb's would stink it up here. There is a big market for QB's right now though. Cardinals, Philly, Jags, Chiefs all have crap. Oakland and Chargers may be looking for a change. Pittsburgh has constantly been screwed by the lack of a quality backup ( i think this is Tebows best fit, him and Ben have lots of similarities and he could step in nicely should he get hurt). Green Bay showed interest, Bellichick was never shy about liking Tebow at the Draft, If Mcmidget gets a HC job there's a chance he may seek out his former 1st round pick. Ponders leash is getting shorter in Minnesota, Tebow and Harvin back together with AP is a tempting combination. The Viking also reportedly had interest in drafting him which is why Mcmidget moved up in the 1st.

Someone will give him a shot. He needs to lose some weight though, he's gotten slow and more awkward. Jets turned him into a fridge. Drop down to 230, sweat the short game and footwork. Kick some butt in camp.

Edited by CanucksSayEh

Tebow in Minnesota with Harvin and AP just screams endless possibilities

OPTION PLAYS EVERY PLAY

I see a lot of Minny fans that would be down. Ponder is like the anti playmaker. The option would work, not all the time, but now and then. Get a good coach to run with it, like Shanahan.. boy you got yourself a stew! Always wanted a reason to buy a Minny jersey, their purples are sweet.

"Ryan would not go into detail about why he chose Greg McElroy over Tebow to replace the struggling Mark Sanchez as the team's starting quarterback with two games left in a lost season. He reiterated his comments from Tuesday that it was his decision -- and his alone -- saying it was a "gut" call."

Well...Ryan does have quite a gut....it hasn't panned out? You allow him to throw only 8 passes all year - how did you expect it to pan out? Seriously, why is this guy coaching in the NFL?

"Ryan would not go into detail about why he chose Greg McElroy over Tebow to replace the struggling Mark Sanchez as the team's starting quarterback with two games left in a lost season. He reiterated his comments from Tuesday that it was his decision -- and his alone -- saying it was a "gut" call."

Well...Ryan does have quite a gut....it hasn't panned out? You allow him to throw only 8 passes all year - how did you expect it to pan out? Seriously, why is this guy coaching in the NFL?

Rex Ryan is actually a really good coach. He took the NY Jets to consecutive AFC title games with MARK SANCHEZ as his coach. The problem lies upstairs with the GM and the inadequate talent he has supported Ryan with. It's blatantly obvious Ryan wanted NO part of Tebow. It was not his decision, and he's obviously not excited about it. But he's not gonna completely bash his GM about it. This decision was made because Tim Tebow is not a good QB, but he's not going to come out and throw a player under the bus.

Rex has proved time and time again he can provide a top tier D. The Jets don't Tom Brady to be competitive, they need a solid run game and a QB who can protect the ball and throw out of the play action. If we get Alex Smith/Michael Vick, consider that Vick would be playing behind a significantly better O-Line, I would suspect this team could compete better.

Adam Schein talks about 9 teams that need QB changes, I would suspect that unless the Ravens win the SB Flacco may have to be added to this list: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113359/article/mark-sanchez-has-new-york-jets-among-teams-needing-new-qb?campaign=Twitter_writers_schein

What in god's name are the Jets doing on back-to-back primetime games?? That game on Monday was just DREADFULLY bad.

It was the most entertaining MNF game all year. Playoff implications...sorta. Half a dozen turnovers, 94 yard TD, multiple chances for each team to take the lead and for the Jets to make a comeback. Hiliarious ending. WTF more do you want?

Edited by CanucksSayEh

The Seattle Seahawks derserve more national attention.

They have the best defense in the league

One of the best running backs

Playmaker at QB

The best fans in the work. Holy poop it's loud there. When I was at the game I almost fell in love with the Seahawks and that stadium and there fans. There fans make them unbeatable at home.

So east coast biase needs to stop!

Rex Ryan is actually a really good coach. He took the NY Jets to consecutive AFC title games with MARK SANCHEZ as his coach. The problem lies upstairs with the GM and the inadequate talent he has supported Ryan with. It's blatantly obvious Ryan wanted NO part of Tebow. It was not his decision, and he's obviously not excited about it. But he's not gonna completely bash his GM about it. This decision was made because Tim Tebow is not a good QB, but he's not going to come out and throw a player under the bus.

Rex has proved time and time again he can provide a top tier D. The Jets don't Tom Brady to be competitive, they need a solid run game and a QB who can protect the ball and throw out of the play action. If we get Alex Smith/Michael Vick, consider that Vick would be playing behind a significantly better O-Line, I would suspect this team could compete better.

Adam Schein talks about 9 teams that need QB changes, I would suspect that unless the Ravens win the SB Flacco may have to be added to this list: http://www.nfl.com/n..._writers_schein

Rex Ryan is an idiot. Fingers the crowd, acts like a 12 year old when his team scores (sometimes - at least I remember when in the playoffs he ran down the sidelines and taunting the opposition)...No...he's not a good coach at all....I'm a Pats fan, and to be honest, the Jets are a pretty good team - it's the players, not Ryan that got them the few successes they've had.

It was the most entertaining MNF game all year. Playoff implications...sorta. Half a dozen turnovers, 94 yard TD, multiple chances for each team to take the lead and for the Jets to make a comeback. Hiliarious ending. WTF more do you want?

Good football? It was sad, hardly NFL calibre play from both teams. The NE/SF game was 10000 times better.

The Seattle Seahawks derserve more national attention.

They have the best defense in the league

One of the best running backs

Playmaker at QB

The best fans in the work. Holy poop it's loud there. When I was at the game I almost fell in love with the Seahawks and that stadium and there fans. There fans make them unbeatable at home.

So east coast biase needs to stop!

Yeah as a Rams fan I've always hated the Sh*thawks. But this team is pretty damn exciting, I find myself almost cheering for them.

Rex Ryan is an idiot. Fingers the crowd, acts like a 12 year old when his team scores (sometimes - at least I remember when in the playoffs he ran down the sidelines and taunting the opposition)...No...he's not a good coach at all....I'm a Pats fan, and to be honest, the Jets are a pretty good team - it's the players, not Ryan that got them the few successes they've had.

Now you're just trolling.

That would be true, if what he said wasn't...

"Rex Ryan is an idiot. Fingers the crowd, acts like a 12 year old when his team scores (sometimes - at least I remember when in the playoffs he ran down the sidelines and taunting the opposition)...No...he's not a good coach at all....I'm a Pats fan, and to be honest, the Jets are a pretty good team - it's the players, not Ryan that got them the few successes they've had. "

Rex Ryan is not an idiot, like I said. He made the defense into an elite group. That defense is the reason the Jets have had any success, that and a solid running game.

Hasn't Bellichick used foul language before? Didn't Brady swear at Bills fans? Who cares man.

The decision to let veterans like Alan Faneca, Thomas Jones, LT, were all decisions made from upstairs by the GM and not from Rex. Letting go of Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery, two receivers had tremendous chemistry with Mark, in favor of keeping Holmes - again a move made from GM. Tebow? Obviously wasn't Rex's call! These were moves that had a negative impact on the team. It's not the players, there is no depth on this team. The offensive line has steadily got worse. Mike Tannebaum has always been hailed as a good salary cap manager, his ridiculous contract to Sanchez hurts this team big time and he needs to be let go.

I'm not even gonna address the "Taunting" comment because it's fairly baseless...do you rip Brady when he taunts opponents? No. Because football is a competitive sport, these coaches and players are competitive. Nor do I care when Brady taunts, if he scores/wins...he has every right to taunt. Plus, Pete Carroll takes the money on taunting.

Again, and I can't stress this enough. The talent level on the Jets just isn't there. Honestly, if they end up 8-8, it will be a miracle. There is no depth on this team.

I'm sure this is the "running down the sideline" game you were referring to since it was against the Patriots and given the knowledge you display of the Jets its about the only time you actually watch them play. So yeah, you were wrong. HE didn't taunt anyone here.

Edited by JollyJet

GO RAVENS!!!! Just got my white away Flacco jersey in the mail couple days ago. Injuries right now but this has been a resilient bunch all season, lost Lewis,Webb and Ngata earlier in the season and everyone wrote us off, we went on to a 9-2 record. This is the first 3 game losing streak since 2009, and first time since 2007 we've lost back to back home games. Lewis is close to returning, the defence, while depleted, plays their heart out and gives us a chance every game. Huge one vs Giants Sunday, hope Flacco can get it together.