The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Man Brady is loosing his touch. In the past two weeks like 4 interceptions??? That is not Brady like. Good bye MVP discussion.

The interesting thing is, I've been hearing so much talk about the MVP this year, mostly centering around Brady, Peyton and Peterson, yet last night Megatron shatters a 20 year-old record, previously held by the greatest receiver of all time.... and nothing.

Granted, he plays on a crap team, but he has a realistic shot at 2000 yards this season. I know I'll be pulling for him to do it when Da Bears visit Motown next week.

BTW: My vote goes to AP....

The interesting thing is, I've been hearing so much talk about the MVP this year, mostly centering around Brady, Peyton and Peterson, yet last night Megatron shatters a 20 year-old record, previously held by the greatest receiver of all time.... and nothing.

Granted, he plays on a crap team, but he has a realistic shot at 2000 yards this season. I know I'll be pulling for him to do it when Da Bears visit Motown next week.

BTW: My vote goes to AP....

He (Johnson) has a serious shot at Offensive POY, but the MVP is saved for the guy who leads his team to the top. AP should be in the discussion because he is bringing his average defence and below average passing game into the playoffs.

I think it'll be close between Peyton and Peterson. I'd vote for AP simply because he is a RB leading his team in a QB dominated league. Peyton is no doubt the AFC MVP.

He (Johnson) has a serious shot at Offensive POY, but the MVP is saved for the guy who leads his team to the top. AP should be in the discussion because he is bringing his average defence and below average passing game into the playoffs.

I think it'll be close between Peyton and Peterson. I'd vote for AP simply because he is a RB leading his team in a QB dominated league. Peyton is no doubt the AFC MVP.

Why? Because he came back from neck surgery? That's what comeback player is for. They're going to have similar pass yards (in fact Brady will probably have more unless Manning has two spectacular 300+ yard games) and touchdown passes after next week except Brady will have his 4 rushing touchdowns and less interceptions. Brady's won the head to head matchup already. Brady has only played one game in which both starting tight ends dressed, and outside of welker and lloyd the wide receiver carousel has been changing all season long.

I know this sounds very homer like, but I don't understand why you think it'll only be between Manning and Peterson. I personally think comeback player of the year goes to Manning, offensive poy to johnson, defensive poy to watt and mvp to either brady or peterson.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Also, thank you Minnesota. I will be the biggest Colts fan next week. With a loss to the Colts next week and a Patriots win (vs the Fins, in Foxborough, in December, c'mon) the Patriots will finish as the #1 seed!

edit: So the AFC teams are set, Colts and Bengals in as wildcards. So even if the Pats don't get the bye, we will have a rookie QB visit Foxborough in January... :bigblush:

Edited by NucksPatsFan