The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Why? Because he came back from neck surgery? That's what comeback player is for. They're going to have similar pass yards (in fact Brady will probably have more unless Manning has two spectacular 300+ yard games) and touchdown passes after next week except Brady will have his 4 rushing touchdowns and less interceptions. Brady's won the head to head matchup already. Brady has only played one game in which both starting tight ends dressed, and outside of welker and lloyd the wide receiver carousel has been changing all season long.

I know this sounds very homer like, but I don't understand why you think it'll only be between Manning and Peterson. I personally think comeback player of the year goes to Manning, offensive poy to johnson, defensive poy to watt and mvp to either brady or peterson.

Both Patriots TE's a miles better than anything the Broncs have at the position. Doesn't matter if they only have 1 of them at a time, they are both pro bowl calibre players.

"Other than Welker and Lloyd" those are the Patriots 2 best receivers. Manning has helped both Thomas and Decker have career years.

Manning has taken a team that went 8-8 last year (and was considered to have overachieved) and has a chance to finish 1st in the conference.

Manning also has a better completion %, more TD's and a better QB Rating.

Also, thank you Minnesota. I will be the biggest Colts fan next week. With a loss to the Colts next week and a Patriots win (vs the Fins, in Foxborough, in December, c'mon) the Patriots will finish as the #1 seed!

edit: So the AFC teams are set, Colts and Bengals in as wildcards. So even if the Pats don't get the bye, we will have a rookie QB visit Foxborough in January... :bigblush:

Andy Dalton isn't a rookie...

So devastating.

So proud of us today. Can't believe we came back and fought back. Romo and the offense played lights out then the defense...what can you do, every defensive starter is hurt and where playing against brees. And the defense was this close to a game changing turnover still.

• Upvote 1

So devastating.

So proud of us today. Can't believe we came back and fought back. Romo and the offense played lights out then the defense...what can you do, every defensive starter is hurt and where playing against brees. And the defense was this close to a game changing turnover still.

Romo played well, but man that Saints secondary is stinky!

Brady is Brady. He's doing what he's always done for the most part. Peyton came back in a big way, and he really is doing amazing things for Denver. Between the two of them, considering what Denver has been doing thanks more or less all to Peyton, as far as importance to the team I'd have to go with Peyton. AP has been huge too though. I'd just go with how either AP or Peyton do to finish up the season.

Peyton is killing in his game right now though and is 339 yards with 30/39. Got an int though. So.. whoever was saying "unless Manning has two spectacular 300+ yard games.." Well, looks like he's having a mosnter already, so that's half done.

Both Patriots TE's a miles better than anything the Broncs have at the position. Doesn't matter if they only have 1 of them at a time, they are both pro bowl calibre players.

"Other than Welker and Lloyd" those are the Patriots 2 best receivers. Manning has helped both Thomas and Decker have career years.

Manning has taken a team that went 8-8 last year (and was considered to have overachieved) and has a chance to finish 1st in the conference.

Manning also has a better completion %, more TD's and a better QB Rating.

Coming into today Brady had a combined 34 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Manning came in with 31 combined touchdowns and 10 interceptions. After today Brady has a combined 36 touchdowns and 8 interceptions and it looks like Manning will come out of today with a combined 34 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. Assuming Brady has 2 more TD's next week, Manning will need a 4 touchdown game next week (unless he throws more today) to tie Brady for total touchdowns. And I doubt Brady will throw 3 INTs tomorrow. So actually, it looks like Brady will have more TDs and less INTs.

Either way, no one knows how the panel of 50 will vote so guess we'll just wait.

Coming into today Brady had a combined 34 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Manning came in with 31 combined touchdowns and 10 interceptions. After today Brady has a combined 36 touchdowns and 8 interceptions and it looks like Manning will come out of today with a combined 34 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. Assuming Brady has 2 more TD's next week, Manning will need a 4 touchdown game next week (unless he throws more today) to tie Brady for total touchdowns. And I doubt Brady will throw 3 INTs tomorrow. So actually, it looks like Brady will have more TDs and less INTs.

Either way, no one knows how the panel of 50 will vote so guess we'll just wait.

Unfortunately for Brady, MVP isn't just about TDs and interceptions.