The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

hahahahaaha overrated seahawks, cant wait to see them play a road game in the playoffs and get bounced. Its all about the Ravens baby, yeeeeeoooww!!!!!

Oooooooooh-oh-oh-oh-oooooooh-oooooooooh!!!!

A Ravens fan calling another team overrated? I guess it is the apocalypse.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect
  • Upvote 2

Brady vs. Manning with 1 game to play:

Brady: 379/601 (63.1%), 4685 yards (7.79 y/att), 32 TD, 8 INT (75.1 att/INT), 98.3 QB Rating

Manning: 377/554 (68.1%), 4355 yards (7.86 y/att), 34 TD, 11 INT(50.3 att/INT), 103.7 QB Rating

Brady has a better INT ratio. Other than that, Manning has the edge in every other category.

Brady's got more yards as well and more yards per attempt (though very miniscule difference). But I know what you mean. Let's hope Brady can tear up the Fins secondary and get those numbers up a little ;)

Also, WOW Seahawks. I hate the Seahawks, and have thought they've been over rated. But dominating this 49ers team just changed my mind.

Brady's got more yards as well and more yards per attempt (though very miniscule difference). But I know what you mean. Let's hope Brady can tear up the Fins secondary and get those numbers up a little ;)

Also, WOW Seahawks. I hate the Seahawks, and have thought they've been over rated. But dominating this 49ers team just changed my mind.

How could you hate the Seahawks (oh wait, they beat your Pats). They are the little engine that could and get zero recognition, just like every single other pro northwest sports team.

How could you hate the Seahawks (oh wait, they beat your Pats). They are the little engine that could and get zero recognition, just like every single other pro northwest sports team.

I've never liked them since their super bowl run. I have three friends who are die hard Seahawks fans, one has had season tickets with his dad since like 1998, and it's great talking football with them but for the most part I find Seahawks fans to be a lot like Canucks fans as in after a win the Seahawks will be the greatest team to ever be fielded and nothing is wrong with them in the slightest and after a loss they will be the scum of the earth and a garbage team. Not generalizing and saying most seahawks fans are like this, just from the ones I've encountered.

Yea they have completely dominated every facet of the games they have played for the last month. The second highest 3 game total points in nfl history still everyone wants to hate them.

They beat the cowboys, they beat the pats, they beat Green Bay. They haven't lost a game by more then 7 points all season yet everyone wants to say they aren't playoff ready, they aren't going to do anything in the playoffs, just watch they are going to get there and win

Ravens were written off when the injury big hit them early in the season, everyone wrote them off, they still reeled off win after win, even missing key players on D they rose to the occasion and played their hearts out. I believe in my team, shoulda been in the Super Bowl last year as even Brady admitted they were lucky to beat the Ravens. There are still some injuries to recover from, and even upfront now with Boldin going down, but Lewis will be back for the playoffs, and that adds a whole new dimension to the defence. Flacco is a good QB, sometimes great, he's now 27, still young and entering the prime of his career. I dont have his jersey for no reason y'know ;) GO RAVENS!!!! #SevenNationArmy

Hey the Dallas-skins game got flexed to Sunday night..winner takes the division on the last game of the season..déjà vu

If Dallas lose to the skins then in the last 5 years dallas lost to each of there division opponents in the last game of the season for a win and in game

2008 when we got crushed by the eagles

2011 when we got crushe by the giants

2012 .....

Brady vs. Manning with 1 game to play:

Brady: 379/601 (63.1%), 4685 yards (7.79 y/att), 32 TD, 8 INT (75.1 att/INT), 98.3 QB Rating

Manning: 377/554 (68.1%), 4355 yards (7.86 y/att), 34 TD, 11 INT(50.3 att/INT), 103.7 QB Rating

Brady has a better INT ratio. Other than that, Manning has the edge in every other category.

Also forgetting the fact that Manning has a much better defence than Brady and that Brady is the sole reason why the Pats have a good record year in year out. Our defence is atrocious and our secondary is comparable to a high school football team when they stink. And our running game ain't that great either which is why Brady has to throw 50+ times a game.

Ravens were written off when the injury big hit them early in the season, everyone wrote them off, they still reeled off win after win, even missing key players on D they rose to the occasion and played their hearts out. I believe in my team, shoulda been in the Super Bowl last year as even Brady admitted they were lucky to beat the Ravens. There are still some injuries to recover from, and even upfront now with Boldin going down, but Lewis will be back for the playoffs, and that adds a whole new dimension to the defence. Flacco is a good QB, sometimes great, he's now 27, still young and entering the prime of his career. I dont have his jersey for no reason y'know ;) GO RAVENS!!!! #SevenNationArmy

They wouldn't have won if the refs haven't been so Raven biased. Talk about overrated.

And Brady admiting that we were lucky to beat the Ravens is because our defence can't do jack to save our lives.

Edited by Markus Alexander Cody

Man it's kind of ironic. Brady and Pats homers doing the whole "Brady plays on a horrible team and carries them." He did that for like a couple years tops. But uh.. Peyton did that the entire damn time he was with the Colts. They blew pretty bad for a lot of those years. And were certainly far worse than the Pats were during the whole 'cheating era'.

Then again I've never liked Brady because of his attitude sometimes and then the whole cheating thing. If the Pats would've won one or two championships after that whole thing came out, I probably would of let them off the hook, but the fact they haven't done anything and look horrible since on top of them losing to a Manning of all things twice is like poetic justice for me.

I just don't think Brady fans should use the whole "Peyton plays for a better team!" argument. Mostly because it would completely discredit Brady and glorify Peyton for all the years the situations were reversed.

• Upvote 1

Also forgetting the fact that Manning has a much better defence than Brady and that Brady is the sole reason why the Pats have a good record year in year out. Our defence is atrocious and our secondary is comparable to a high school football team when they stink. And our running game ain't that great either which is why Brady has to throw 50+ times a game.

They wouldn't have won if the refs haven't been so Raven biased. Talk about overrated.

And Brady admiting that we were lucky to beat the Ravens is because our defence can't do jack to save our lives.

The reason Manning or AP will win MVP is because of there remarkable stories. Like it or not, voters will be influenced by the fact these guys are coming off serious injuries. For Manning, he hadnt played in 2 years and for him to be this damn good is nothing short of remarkable

I can't remember there being so many Seahawks fans on here when they weren't doing so well...

Packers first, Seahawks second....been that way for years, buddy. Just look through this thread if you don't believe me.

And why do you have to be like that in the first place? The Seahawks are turning some heads and making some fans out of people who didn't used to care about NFL(especially with the NHL gone). Why is that a problem? My girlfriend watched last night FFS!! It's awesome, new fans should be encouraged, not look down upon. Some of you people need to get over yourselves.

Edited by pimpcurtly
  • Upvote 2