The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Hey boys, need an opinion. I bought a medium replica Peyton Manning jersey off of the game on sports online site yesterday. Guy phones me back today says mediums are out of stock and I said I would take a small and then return it if it didnt fit.

Are the Nike NFL jerseys same as the Reebok ones in the sense they are real loose or are they a tighter fit.

I know last year when I got a medium Tebow jersey it was big but it fit me in terms of height and it wasnt too too big so I kept it. But I am wondering if the fit may have changed with the Nike jerseys

Hey boys, need an opinion. I bought a medium replica Peyton Manning jersey off of the game on sports online site yesterday. Guy phones me back today says mediums are out of stock and I said I would take a small and then return it if it didnt fit.

Are the Nike NFL jerseys same as the Reebok ones in the sense they are real loose or are they a tighter fit.

I know last year when I got a medium Tebow jersey it was big but it fit me in terms of height and it wasnt too too big so I kept it. But I am wondering if the fit may have changed with the Nike jerseys

My size 40 Peyton Nike fits exactly like my medium Reeboks. Im 5'11 and kinda skinny. Neither small nor large fit at all.

Edited by CanucksSayEh

I think Manning has the better case for Comeback player. He missed an entire season and at his age it was entirely possible that it was going to mean retirement. For Peterson then only thing that was amazing was how quickly how got back to his top form after the injury, not the fact that he came back.

I think Peterson has the edge for MVP though. His numbers have just been crazy in a QB-dominated league, while Manning's numbers are one of the best in the league, but not blowing the competition out of the water like AP.

MVP - Peterson

Comeback - Manning

DMVP - Watt

Coach - Pete Carroll (puke)

I think Manning has the better case for Comeback player. He missed an entire season and at his age it was entirely possible that it was going to mean retirement. For Peterson then only thing that was amazing was how quickly how got back to his top form after the injury, not the fact that he came back.

I think Peterson has the edge for MVP though. His numbers have just been crazy in a QB-dominated league, while Manning's numbers are one of the best in the league, but not blowing the competition out of the water like AP.

MVP - Peterson

Comeback - Manning

DMVP - Watt

Coach - Pete Carroll (puke)

I think Manning should win MVP because MVP implies Most Valuable to his team and the impact an individual has made. Without AP, the Vikings are still a 6-12 to 7-9 type of team. If all plays as it should they will lose to Green Bay and be a 9-7 team. AP is essentially leading them to win 2 maybe 3 more games. Without Manning, the Broncos are an 8-8 team (that was there record with Tebow). If all works as it should they will finish 13-3. Essentially, Manning is helping orchestrate 5 more wins. Manning is resulting in more wins for the Broncos than AP is for the Vikings.

Edited by canuckbeliever

I've been waiting all week for Sunday night..can't wait!

And no matter what happens Jason garret better still be out coach next year..I have faith in him! He's proven a lot this year. This Dallas team has like 8 of our starters on defense on the IR, the worst offensive line in the league and suffered tragedy this year..,and he and romo still managed to give Dallas an opportunity at the playoffs

I think Manning should win MVP because MVP implies Most Valuable to his team and the impact an individual has made. Without AP, the Vikings are still a 6-12 to 7-9 type of team. If all plays as it should they will lose to Green Bay and be a 9-7 team. AP is essentially leading them to win 2 maybe 3 more games. Without Manning, the Broncos are an 8-8 team (that was there record with Tebow). If all works as it should they will finish 13-3. Essentially, Manning is helping orchestrate 5 more wins. Manning is resulting in more wins for the Broncos than AP is for the Vikings.

First of all, I highly doubt the Vikings would win 7 games with Toby Gerhart as their RB.

Second of all, as much as the "true" definition of MVP is most valuable to their team, you can't deny that stats and achievements play a big part as well. He could set a major rushing record (perhaps the top honour an RB can have), or at the very least, do something that has only been done 6 times in history.

Peterson would get my vote.

Interesting you picked Pete Carroll for coach of the year, Champ...especially considering you despise the seahawks. Most people seem to be on the Bruce Arians train, myself included.

Not to mention I hate Carroll from his USC days as well (Longhorns fan).

Both worthy, as well as Kubiak and John Fox as well.

But one thing that I really like that Carroll did which is something that is going to be the trend in the NFL in a year or 2 is running a more college-style offence with a traditionally college-style QB. The last 5 years I've really become a huge fan of duel-threat QBs that can run the Zone Read Option well, and the lack of success they've had in the pros. Started with a QB from my own Longhorns Vince Young. The guys has some major issues, but I have little doubt that if he was in Russell Wilson's shoes that he would have had a lot more prolonged success. Coaches are finally starting to smarten up and allow college QBs to be successful doing what made them successful in school. And I appreciate that.

Not to mention I hate Carroll from his USC days as well (Longhorns fan).

Both worthy, as well as Kubiak and John Fox as well.

But one thing that I really like that Carroll did which is something that is going to be the trend in the NFL in a year or 2 is running a more college-style offence with a traditionally college-style QB. The last 5 years I've really become a huge fan of duel-threat QBs that can run the Zone Read Option well, and the lack of success they've had in the pros. Started with a QB from my own Longhorns Vince Young. The guys has some major issues, but I have little doubt that if he was in Russell Wilson's shoes that he would have had a lot more prolonged success. Coaches are finally starting to smarten up and allow college QBs to be successful doing what made them successful in school. And I appreciate that.

This is one of the reasons Michael Vick still thinks he can be a top 10 qb in the league in the right system like the option that Chip Kelly runs in Oregon.

Vick blames his lack of success the past 2 years because of changes to the o-line scheme that required him to make pre-snap reads and adjust protections for the o-line.

One thing I have noticed is the majority of Vick's success in his 2010 year came from big plays off of play action and launching bombs deep similar to the success RGIII has had off play action.

He simply has not had the time most of the year to have adequate protection to let the receivers run deep and that's really hurt the Eagles offence the past 2 years because they are so reliant on big plays and quick strikes.

This is one of the reasons Michael Vick still thinks he can be a top 10 qb in the league in the right system like the option that Chip Kelly runs in Oregon.

Vick blames his lack of success the past 2 years because of changes to the o-line scheme that required him to make pre-snap reads and adjust protections for the o-line.

One thing I have noticed is the majority of Vick's success in his 2010 year came from big plays off of play action and launching bombs deep similar to the success RGIII has had off play action.

He simply has not had the time most of the year to have adequate protection to let the receivers run deep and that's really hurt the Eagles offence the past 2 years because they are so reliant on big plays and quick strikes.

Completely disagree. Vick is a great athlete who can throw the ball. RGIII is a great athlete that is also a good QB. He has more than just a strong arm, he is smart, accurate and composed. I wouldn't describe Vick as any of those.

I don't think Vick could run the Zone Read Option as often as RGIII does and make the right decision as often as he does. He would want to keep it and make the big play every time instead of taking the 4-5 yard gain the defence is giving the RB.

Completely disagree. Vick is a great athlete who can throw the ball. RGIII is a great athlete that is also a good QB. He has more than just a strong arm, he is smart, accurate and composed. I wouldn't describe Vick as any of those.

I don't think Vick could run the Zone Read Option as often as RGIII does and make the right decision as often as he does. He would want to keep it and make the big play every time instead of taking the 4-5 yard gain the defence is giving the RB.

I think he would have done that earlier on in his career more but now he runs less because he already has a long injury history and doesn't want to expose himself to big hits.

The problem with Vick has always been that he is not a very intelligent qb capable of reading defenses and making the correct adjustments pre-snap to adjust the offence.

But then again Cam Newton isn't the brightest guy either and he runs the option pretty well. So I think Vick could also do well in a similar system having matured and realized he only has a certain amount of years left as a starting qb and realizing finally perhaps that he has to play smart.

I think he would have done that earlier on in his career more but now he runs less because he already has a long injury history and doesn't want to expose himself to big hits.

The problem with Vick has always been that he is not a very intelligent qb capable of reading defenses and making the correct adjustments pre-snap to adjust the offence.

But then again Cam Newton isn't the brightest guy either and he runs the option pretty well. So I think Vick could also do well in a similar system having matured and realized he only has a certain amount of years left as a starting qb and realizing finally perhaps that he has to play smart.

No one respects Vick's throwing ability. Can't run the option with 8 in the box every play.