The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 great games today. Really want to see Ray Lewis and the Ravens win. Even though RG3 is now one of my fav players I'll be cheering hard for the Sea Hawks. Been waiting for a long time to see a young Sea Hawks team with a very bright future.

Going to be a great Sunday. NFL play offs and NHL is back.

Not really NFL, but sorta NFL news.

Last night Team BC's U19 football team beat team USA 38-18 in the international all stars game.

Pretty cool considering America is the football continent and BC is a province.

BC also beat Europe pretty bad a few days ago.

Looks like some NFL players will be coming out from BC.

Last night Team BC's U19 football team beat team USA 38-18 in the international all stars game.

A kid that I coached and played for my high school is their starting QB. Great kid, tall, can run, and has a rocket for an arm.

But it's not quite as impressive as it sounds. Team BC puts together an all-star of all the best High School players in the province. The American team isn't quite the same, it's made up of "the best players not in the US Army All-American Bowl" to quote the announcer on the game feed. He also mentioned that "many of these players have college offers" so it's not like it's all D1 full-ride players.

Having said that, still a VERY impressive feat. One name you all should listen for in the NCAA in a few years is Marcus Davis. He is by far the stud of this team, and guess what... he's only in grade 11. Plays for Mt. Douglas. Dominated triple A as a junior. Can't wait to see what he'll do as a senior.

The running back talent outside of Davis is still incredible. Mark Lego, Mason Swift, Mahara from Van College (first name escapes me) and Maleek Irons who broke Reg Bradshaw's single season rushing record.

I don't now about "some NFL players", that's still a long way to go. Definitely some D1 talent and future CFL players though.

Congrats to the Texans and Bengals for making me fall asleep for the first time while watching television. That game was horrendous. Patriot fans must be stoaked, such an easy matchup next week for them.

Ummm...I don't know why it's such an easy match up? Our terrible secondary vs andre johnson, owen daniels and kevin walter isn't going to be fun. Arian Foster is Arian Foster, enough said. Just cause we blew them out doesn't mean we got it in the bag (Like when we destroyed the Jets a couple years ago and lost in the divisional round).

A guy I used to play against and have been tackled by many times, Oregon Ducks Boseko Lokombo, should be in the NFL pretty soon, guy is a beast. He's from Abbotsford, played at WJ Mouat.

Edited by NucksPatsFan