The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I think Aaron Rodgers struggles lately proves how Tom Brady is the best. 

He is suffering without his number one 1 receiver and that is understandable...but look at Brady he has noT one healthy receiver to throw to and he still wins. 

I still till think brash and Rodgers are on a class of their own. And if it's not a Giants patriots super bowl I wouldn't mind seeing that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony Romo said:

I think Aaron Rodgers struggles lately proves how Tom Brady is the best. 

He is suffering without his number one 1 receiver and that is understandable...but look at Brady he has noT one healthy receiver to throw to and he still wins. 

I still till think brash and Rodgers are on a class of their own. And if it's not a Giants patriots super bowl I wouldn't mind seeing that. 

But how much of that is Belichick...

Don't get butthurt Brady fans. He's still clutch and winning is in his dna. Really hope we get to see Bill coach another qb and see how he does. 

1 minute ago, Jiggs50 said:

But how much of that is Belichick...

Don't get butthurt Brady fans. He's still clutch and winning is in his dna. Really hope we get to see Bill coach another qb and see how he does. 

It's a 2way relationship. Without 1 or the other, won't have had the success the Pats have had.

Brady is on a different level though. His entire career he's worked with nearly nothing and made it into something. No one has ever done that. Only 1 deep threat with Moss and that year shattered the league. 

...Rodgers, like every other QB not named Brady, will suffer when a favourite target goes down and it shows. He can't work nearly as successfully without him and it's clear. Rodgers is great but in no way is he a great. Not consistent enough.

..Cousin is pretty pissed off at the Packers. Coaching/personnel decisions have truly killed the Pack. Disconnect between playcalling-players. Like he says, Adams sucks (has no hands) and they should promote Janis but coaching doesn't. That and a lot of other things.

I personally love watching ARod play but he isn't as good as people make it out to be and also, GB better get some pieces for him to work with so they don't waste one of the greatest QB talents heading into his prime. Especially a RB. Defenses don't respect the run cause they have no run game and play calling is so predictable. Run-pass-pass. Just give ARod some weapons and he'll be solid. Loss of Nelson is huge as everyone can see.

Where do the Eagles go from here run the table to close out and tank the season to draft a potential franchise qb?

Fire Chip or just suggest he adds a GM with NFL experience?

To me it looks like the players on D have flat out quit on Chip and his overrated offense. 

The offense was bad the whole year but the D was solid only  5-6 games ago.

It's fuccing perplexing how quickly a team can turn to $&!#2 years in a row down the stretch.

The talent on offense is injury prone and not good enough. 

The system is killing the team with the basic offense and defense no adjustments made on either side of the ball. Bad game planning/ scheme and play calling.

Demarco Murray is an overrated RB so slow and has zero agility can only go north-south overly reliant on blocking.

Agholor looks like another USC wr bust just like Marquise Lee and Robert Woods are.

Jordan Matthews is a #2 at best. The rest of the receivers suck ass.

No pass rush. Soft defense doesn't have any hitters got exposed first against  Carolina.

Top off season needs #1 qb #1 wr o-line pass rusher and depth on D.

Another waste of the year. So much for winning the offseason.

Biggest joke in the NFL. Browns are Eagles cousins both wanted Chip Kelly and Sam Bradford as well as Mariota.

If I were Chip I would try to go to the Titans because they have a franchise caliber qb if healthy.

Fans in Philly want him out. Chip is tired of dealing with the slanderous media people there in town.

At the year end press conference how do they bs the ticket holders and fans that Chip still has a vision and that it might work still with Chip in absolute control of the ship?

12 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

^yep, totally agree. Circus and phony from the get go, called it.

And all those needs you need, every team would want that. Would be lucky to fill 2 of them if fortunate enough.

You are right too many needs. Have to prioritize the glaring ones like o-line and wr and for sure draft a young qb to groom and hope you get lucky and he becomes a franchise qb down the line.

In the meantime they need a legit option to push Bradford if they re-sign him. Sanchez is trash third string qb level.

Can't fix bad teams in one off-season alone.

3 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

You are right too many needs. Have to prioritize the glaring ones like o-line and wr and for sure draft a young qb to groom and hope you get lucky and he becomes a franchise qb down the line.

In the meantime they need a legit option to push Bradford if they re-sign him. Sanchez is trash third string qb level.

Can't fix bad teams in one off-season alone.

At least if you guys had Tebow it would exciting to watch :)

4 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

At least if you guys had Tebow it would exciting to watch :)

No way lol. I would take Manziel, RGIII, Kaeperknick or even Bradford before him. He simply can't throw consistently it's too late for him at his age anyways to learn or get another shot.

Better to make money as an analyst and protect his body.

5 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

No way lol. I would take Manziel, RGIII, Kaeperknick or even Bradford before him. He simply can't throw consistently it's too late for him at his age anyways to learn or get another shot.

Better to make money as an analyst and protect his body.

Chip, are you going back to college ball?

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Chip, are you going back to college ball?

Heck no my ego is too big for that I just bought a new house outside Philly around New Jersey. I'm the next Pete Carroll no Bill Belichick..

Plus I have too much control to give it back just yet. I never liked recruiting and dealing with boosters and people in general.

The Patriots borrowed the idea of tempo offnse from me you know?! If I had my baby Mariota still we would be winning games. I wanted to trade up to get him so bad. I still watch tape of his games late at night thinking what a waste for him to play without showing his true potential with my system and me coaching him.

I'm determined to do things my way and prove it can work after all if things don't work out I will try another NFL team like say.. The Titans.

If not I got a cushy college job waiting either way.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Heck no my ego is too big for that I just bought a new house outside Philly around New Jersey. I'm the next Pete Carroll no Bill Belichick..

Plus I have too much control to give it back just yet. I never liked recruiting and dealing with boosters and people in general.

The Patriots borrowed the idea of tempo offnse from me you know?! If I had my baby Mariota still we would be winning games. I wanted to trade up to get him so bad. I still watch tape of his games late at night thinking what a waste for him to play without showing his true potential with my system and me coaching him.

I'm determined to do things my way and prove it can work after all if things don't work out I will try another NFL team like say.. The Titans.

If not I got a cushy college job waiting either way.

I may be only a furry assed little alien, but if you need someone to hold up one of those big sideline play cards I'm your alien.  I will need a small ladder though::D

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I may be only a furry assed little alien, but if you need someone to hold up one of those big sideline play cards I'm your alien.  I will need a small ladder though::D

"Big people beat up little people" - Chip Kelly

You are safer on the sidelines Alf we need you and your alien buddies to come up with new play calls and signals so teams can't steal our advanced communication strategies.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

"Big people beat up little people" - Chip Kelly

You are safer on the sidelines Alf we need you and your alien buddies to come up with new play calls and signals so teams can't steal our advanced communication strategies.

My type only have three fingers, so signals is not our strongest suit.  We do tend to have overly large proboscis though.  "Big nose...Big hose". - John Rambone

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

My type only have three fingers, so signals is not our strongest suit.  We do tend to have overly large proboscis though.  "Big nose...Big hose". - John Rambone

I personally make all my players eat healthy food and drink smoothies while I grab some McDonalds after late night film study.

Haven't seen my rambone in a while I need to get on a diet maybe the players will start listening to me again if I start eating healthier and exercising just a little bit.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

I personally make all my players eat healthy food and drink smoothies while I grab some McDonalds after late night film study.

Haven't seen my rambone in a while I need to get on a diet maybe the players will start listening to me again if I start eating healthier and exercising just a little bit.

I heard sharing witty dialogue over the Internet can stimulate massive gut jiggling, reducing sweat pant size.  I follow this practice, and I can tell you Mrs Alf likes the results.  Plus, I do have a jumbo sized proboscis as a contingency.  

@RyanHannable: If Danny Amendola doesn't play Sunday, the Patriots would be missing 47 percent of their total offense this year (JE11, DL33, AD17, DA80).

...might just lose against Denver. But then again, we could hypothetically rest the starters for the remainder of the year and still get 1st seed @ 12-4.

2 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

@RyanHannable: If Danny Amendola doesn't play Sunday, the Patriots would be missing 47 percent of their total offense this year (JE11, DL33, AD17, DA80).

...might just lose against Denver. But then again, we could hypothetically rest the starters for the remainder of the year and still get 1st seed @ 12-4.

Ouch. I wanted to see a tight game. If Brady can pull out this win, I think I might stop hating on him lol.