The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Honestly, I just say what I believe. I hate the CFL because it gets forced down our throats in Canada and some people are so self-righteous about the game. It is like the NFL doesnt exist in there world or the NFL is garbage.

But this is probably a conversation for a different thread. Anyways we are 20 hours away from the divisional round. The game can not come fast enough

How dare the CANADIAN football league get air time in CANADA.

What do you think people do that don't like hockey? 10 times more coverage than the CFL. And it's not even close.

Perhaps I am "self-righteous" about the game, but it's because it is the ONLY league in the entire world that is 100% Canadian (ignoring the experiment in the mid-90's). It isn't nearly as money-driven as the NFL or NHL, and way more than the NFL, the players are regular people making regular salaries.

Pretty immature to hate something because other people like it. Wait, I think they call that being a hipster douche.

• Upvote 1

How dare the CANADIAN football league get air time in CANADA.

What do you think people do that don't like hockey? 10 times more coverage than the CFL. And it's not even close.

Perhaps I am "self-righteous" about the game, but it's because it is the ONLY league in the entire world that is 100% Canadian (ignoring the experiment in the mid-90's). It isn't nearly as money-driven as the NFL or NHL, and way more than the NFL, the players are regular people making regular salaries.

Pretty immature to hate something because other people like it. Wait, I think they call that being a hipster douche.

There is a difference between liking something and shoving it down your throat. Football analysts in our country try to shove down our throats how great the CFL is and so many sports reporters laugh at the NFL. That is called being self righteous. All of this is hilarious because CFL players though talented are guys who did not make the NFL.

There is a difference between liking something and shoving it down your throat. Football analysts in our country try to shove down our throats how great the CFL is and so many sports reporters laugh at the NFL. That is called being self righteous. All of this is hilarious because CFL players though talented are guys who did not make the NFL.

Do you really believe they shove it down peoples throats? Can you be a little more specific? I'm a big BC Lions fan and I think the coverage is severely lacking. By mid-season I'm craving a lot more CFL interviews and discussion...yet the majority of the air time is spent on off-season hockey and the up coming NFL season. :blink:

Do you really believe they shove it down peoples throats? Can you be a little more specific? I'm a big BC Lions fan and I think the coverage is severely lacking. By mid-season I'm craving a lot more CFL interviews and discussion...yet the majority of the air time is spent on off-season hockey and the up coming NFL season. :blink:

I have noticed this on Team 1040 quite a bit. They always insist on how great the CFL is and for them it is like the CFL is royalty. Personally, I have phoned in on the numerous shows a few times where they go on rants about how the CFL is more entertaining or yadda yadda yadda and I have made points that the CFL isnt that great but its just random noises to them. I know the Team is the Lions home radio station but stuff like that makes me shake my head. Now CKNW has joined the CFL throat shoving bandwagon as they have David Pratt who is the worst at this crap. I have also noticed this on TSN as well but with TSN it is more subtle because the communication stream is more 1 way and usually they focus on just the coverage of the teams but they still have had some instances.

I like to listen to TSN radio and they always insist the greatness of the CFL as well. I think for a lot of people it isnt noticeable because they simply watch TV. I am someone who likes to listen to the radio and needs to have something on audio on whether it be music, radio or whatever have you to be productive while doing school work/etc so I get to see this side more.

I have noticed this on Team 1040 quite a bit. They always insist on how great the CFL is and for them it is like the CFL is royalty. Personally, I have phoned in on the numerous shows a few times where they go on rants about how the CFL is more entertaining or yadda yadda yadda and I have made points that the CFL isnt that great but its just random noises to them. I know the Team is the Lions home radio station but stuff like that makes me shake my head. Now CKNW has joined the CFL throat shoving bandwagon as they have David Pratt who is the worst at this crap. I have also noticed this on TSN as well but with TSN it is more subtle because the communication stream is more 1 way and usually they focus on just the coverage of the teams but they still have had some instances.

I like to listen to TSN radio and they always insist the greatness of the CFL as well. I think for a lot of people it isnt noticeable because they simply watch TV. I am someone who likes to listen to the radio and needs to have something on audio on whether it be music, radio or whatever have you to be productive while doing school work/etc so I get to see this side more.

Wow! I am a driver and listen to 1040 everyday and I could not have a more opposing opinion. I don't think they do enough CFL coverage. And I certainly never hear them trumpet the CFL as a better product than the NFL(if you have any podcasts in mind, do share). I was actually pissed that the mid-day show kept Canucks lunch during the CFL playoffs this past year....they had NOTHING to talk about FFS!!

How is it "shoved down your throat"? Don't watch TSN on Friday nights from July-September and you'll be fine. The rets of the year it gets third billing to NHL talk and.... NHL talk.

What sports reporter "laughs" at the NFL?

What else are they going to talk about in the summer?? They talk enough hockey at that time as it is.

The CFL is a big deal to a lot of people around here. I still think the media coverage is on the lacking side, even though it has increased a lot in the Buono era. I'm sorry you don't like them covering the only local sport that is on between June-September.

What else are they going to talk about in the summer?? They talk enough hockey at that time as it is.

The CFL is a big deal to a lot of people around here. I still think the media coverage is on the lacking side, even though it has increased a lot in the Buono era. I'm sorry you don't like them covering the only local sport that is on between June-September.

uhhhhhh the Whitecaps play as well y'know...