The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Panthers D keeps giving them a chance to tie/take the lead, but the offense gets the yips every time they're inside the 30. Fumble, interception, fumble, missed field goal. 

Minimum 12 points left on the field. Gonna be a really sour feeling if they lose because of their inability to keep 2 hands on the ball. 

Broncos d. What a story. Hope this shuts up the Brady lovers too. Your oline doesn't matter when Miller, Ware and the boys are doing work!

Cam and the Panthers will be back a few more times. No worries. 

Oh and watching Norman humbled = priceless!

Roethlisberger + Brady + Cam = 1 TD pass, 3 INT and 13 sacks against the ruthless Denver defense in these playoffs. https://t.co/jKfi5dmBwN

Edited by Jiggs50

Wonder how much Peyton got paid to say that about Budweiser lol.

Credit where credit is due, Denver's defence was amazing tonight, I didn't think they would contain Carolina's offense.

And I agree with others, that broadcast was very boring.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Not even because of the outcome last year, but SB49 was so much more entertaining than this one. 

I definitely agree. I only was able to watch the second half due to work but my eyes weren't glued to the screen like it was last year (not just because of which team I cheer for). Good game nonetheless.

Too many turnovers and slight mistakes from the Panthers led to their demise. Where are the people who said the Panthers are gonna blow out the Broncos now? Denver D shut up those loudmouths big time.

One of the more boring Championships games ever played, but can't take anything away from the Broncos' D.    They were responsible for more points than either team's offense.  Exactly what they needed to win - and they delivered.

Not surprised that Peyton was absolutely shutdown - that was to be expected.  Would be interested whether that was in fact the worst winning performance by a SB quarterback ever.  Quite possibly.

But what was surprising was how one dimensional Carolina were on the offensive side of the ball.  Again, you can't take anything away from Denver's performance - awesome and absolutely dominant - but Carolina, aside from the crucial mistakes - turnovers, drops, etc - also approached the game with a rather odd offensive gameplan.

Was literally shocked how many times they attempted to run the ball - up the middle, down Denver's throat - on first down.   And got stuffed repeatedly - absolutely failing to win the line of scrimmage - but kept going back to it - and failed literally every time.  I'm not sure what the numbers turned out to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ran the ball inside 10 or 12 times on first down for perhaps 10 yards all-in.   They ran one option play - where Newton elected to pitch out - for 15 yards before anyone was anywhere near the ball carrier.  And that was it.  On top of that, they turned Newton into a predictable, drop back passer - sitting in the pocket repeatedly, all night, with Denver teeing off on him.  Attempting to burn holes in Denver 20 yards downfield - and, of course, not executing.   Just strange.  Predictable running game.  Predictable passing game.   Didn't get Newton moving - didn't get him out of the pocket, rolling out, at all.  Didn't run the quick hitters. screens - nothing short, virtually no variation to the game plan.  Go figure.    As the wise, longtime Denver fan I was watching the game with put it - "it was like they figured hey, it hasn't worked the first 10 times - it's just gotta work next time."   Part utter Denver domination, part weak Carolina offensive gameplanning.   No wonder Newton was frustrated.  The depth of that combination was definitely surprising.

Remarkable win for Denver though.  How a team wins a Championship game when their own offensive performance was so anaemic - was truly legendary.  Perfect qualifier of the maxim that defense wins Championships.  Unfortunately, for Carolina's D, they were good enough to win a Championship, but their opponent's D essentially outscored their offense.

Congrats to the Broncos.

Edited by oldnews

52 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

I definitely agree. I only was able to watch the second half due to work but my eyes weren't glued to the screen like it was last year (not just because of which team I cheer for). Good game nonetheless.

Too many turnovers and slight mistakes from the Panthers led to their demise. Where are the people who said the Panthers are gonna blow out the Broncos now? Denver D shut up those loudmouths big time.

Will go through the threads and call out some people tomorrow.  Too busy celebrating tonight! 

1 hour ago, ftmN said:

Wonder how much Peyton got paid to say that about Budweiser lol.

Credit where credit is due, Denver's defence was amazing tonight, I didn't think they would contain Carolina's offense.

And I agree with others, that broadcast was very boring.

Yeah, that was some seriously cheesy product placement - and so obviously scripted the first time you heard it that ironically, he repeated himself lol.

15 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not surprised that Peyton was absolutely shutdown - that was to be expected.  Would be interested whether that was in fact the worst winning performance by a SB quarterback ever.  Quite possibly.

Either tonight, or Dilfer with the Ravens. 

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Will go through the threads and call out some people tomorrow.  Too busy celebrating tonight! 

Right here buddy. I like my crow medium rare. 

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Either tonight, or Dilfer with the Ravens. 

Right here buddy. I like my crow medium rare. 

Heffy knows crow.  Has dined on it with the best.

On that note I'll have to go call out my own GDT prediction.  The 'balanced' attack of Carolina was utterly one-dimensional and predictable.  Denver's D dominated them so thoroughly I got downright Broncrowed.

Edited by oldnews