The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

7 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I don't watch the Panthers a whole lot (aside from times when I had Cam in fantasy), but I do remember him doing this back in the college championship game years ago, and it drove me nuts.  I don't bother with college unless I go to friends to watch the Rose Bowl or other big bowl game, so I don't know how common that is as part of the option plays they use. 

I remember Cam back then running with the running back, both holding the ball what seemed way too long.  I suppose this adds to the confusion of whether who will take the ball, but to me it appears to waste time, as it lets defenders key on the ball and take out whoever walks out with it.  They needed to change things up, but it never happened.

Which was just fine with me!  Hopefully Cam can grow with this.  I don't hold much hope for it, but it's possible.

This is the idea in a nutshell, but as I said earlier, the Broncos were not fooled and I was very surprised that they kept going back to it.

A poorly called game by Mike Shula, IMO and a poor job by Rivera of managing his assistants.

5 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Will HGH report tarnish this SB win for Manning?  Like put an * beside his name?  Just stirring the pot.

But this bit is for real.  WTH was with the product endorsements during Manning's post game interviews?

If he said he was going to Disneyland, would that have been ok? Corporate, advertising dollars run the business.

Turns out Manning owns a couple of liquor distribution outlets. probably ships beer- and Bud is a huge nfl sponsor as well.

Edited by gurn
add last 2 sentences

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is the idea in a nutshell, but as I said earlier, the Broncos were not fooled and I was very surprised that they kept going back to it.

A poorly called game by Mike Shula, IMO and a poor job by Rivera of managing his assistants.

Agreed.  Their plan was clearly broken, but nothing was done to fix it.

23 minutes ago, gurn said:

If he said he was going to Disneyland, would that have been ok? Corporate, advertising dollars run the business.

Turns out Manning owns a couple of liquor distribution outlets. probably ships beer- and Bud is a huge nfl sponsor as well.

Peyton said in a previous interview that he was going to kiss his wife, kiss his kids and celebrate with his teammates. He then went on to say that he was going to drink "a lot of beer"....

Later on, he said the same thing about the wife and kids, but changed a lot of beer to a lot of Bud. Sounds like someone from the league put the bug in his ear, or should I say, put the "Bud" in his ear...

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Took a look at the NFL.com shop.  Not stoked about the exchange rate and duty but definitely want to pick up a few things.  Unless someone knows a reliable Canadian alternative.  Not looking for knockoffs.

I hear you on this struggle. I need this hat, but it's out of stock on NFL.com now :(

ff_2346917alt1_full.jpg&w=600

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Took a look at the NFL.com shop.  Not stoked about the exchange rate and duty but definitely want to pick up a few things.  Unless someone knows a reliable Canadian alternative.  Not looking for knockoffs.

Just get it. Forget the exchange rate. When you're wearing your apparel months, years from now, you're not going to miss the extra $10 you spent. I bought a Pats Super Bowl t shirt, long sleeve, and hoodie last year. Don't even remember now how much I spent, nor do I care, I just love having them. Enjoy!

Just now, Lil B From The Pack said:

next dynasty buddayyyyyyy. we dem boyz.

I need to buy an Eagles cap or something. In case I don't use my coupon code and it is about to expire I'll give it to someone here. (Expires in August so remind me lol)

Who is replacing Peyton? Good luck with that Dynasty thing.

Don't know how reliable the following article is but watched the clip at the end where it showed that ... sounds like a plausible explanation. But regardless ... Romanowski is a PUNK for his tweet!

From - http://theybf.com/2016/02/08/cam-newton-respectfully-congratulates-peyton-manning-after-super-bowl-lost-still-gets

It’s being reported Cam could hear Denver cornerback Chris Harris talking to the media about how they pounded the Panthers and have every intent on making him prove he "knew how to throw a football."  And that’s what set him off.  Chris said on ESPN live today that he would have been mad too if he heard his oppnent talking about him in the same room after the game.

2 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Don't know how reliable the following article is but watched the clip at the end where it showed that ... sounds like a plausible explanation. But regardless ... Romanowski is a PUNK for his tweet!

From - http://theybf.com/2016/02/08/cam-newton-respectfully-congratulates-peyton-manning-after-super-bowl-lost-still-gets

It’s being reported Cam could hear Denver cornerback Chris Harris talking to the media about how they pounded the Panthers and have every intent on making him prove he "knew how to throw a football."  And that’s what set him off.  Chris said on ESPN live today that he would have been mad too if he heard his oppnent talking about him in the same room after the game.

We all know cam cried after that interview.

6 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Romanowski is the same guy who took steroids and crushed his teammate's eye socket in practice ending his career among other incidents. He shouldn't really been talking lol.

Regarding that Cam/Harris thing apparently Levi's Stadium didn't have enough room for the press, so the two players were separated by a thin curtain really. Really weird considering Levi's Stadium facility wise is a top of the line stadium. The turf is a whole different story though. :lol:

56 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Lol @ assuming they're bandwagoners.  Pretty sure the only one who posted was myself and you can go ahead and check my post history in here if you like.

Enjoy watching the parade today, Heffy. Try to find an online stream of a Denver news channel. I was lucky I get WBZ-TV (Cbs Boston) on Telus. I'm sure you can google a link to the stream. Wonder if anyone will be as drunk as Gronk was last year. Talib probably :lol:

So are we going to get all sorts of pie charts and graphs vilifying a certain QB if he's found guilty of taken HGH?  Or does that not compete with 2psi?  Thank god Brady wasn't playing or that SB might of been unwatchable with all the boring 7 yard passes NE employs. 

Cam's a prissy lil' bitch.  Guess he's gotta save dem dab's for the preseason brah.