6982 replies to this topic

#361 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

After further review Jennings caught the ball in the Green Bay end zone - Touchdown Seahawks!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#362 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

Says it all.... :frantic:

https://pbs.twimg.co...E338u.jpg:large

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#363 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,751 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

What are the odds the NFL and it's referees will have a deal done by the end of tomorrow?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#364 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

What are the odds the NFL and it's referees will have a deal done by the end of tomorrow?

same as NHL owners and the NHLPA?

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#365 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Another fun little article I found.

Scab Ref Tells LeSean McCoy: “I Need You For My Fantasy Team”

Posted Image Barry Petchesky

It's an important distinction to note that most criticism of the replacement officials is directed not at them, but at the league for forcing it to come to this point. We know the refs are doing the best they can; we know they're just not prepared. (More than getting the calls right, memorizing the rule book and keeping control of the game is hard. It takes years of experience.) So when a huge Saints fan gets slated to work a Saints game, that's the league's fault for not catching it in their "background checks." When a ref who received paychecks from the Seahawks for three years actually worked a Seahawks game, that was the league's fault too.
But this? If this is true, we might have reached the bottom of the professionalism barrel.
Eagles running back LeSean McCoy went on 94WIP in Philadelphia yesterday, and touched on how the refs tend to be intimidated and influenced by players and crowds. Not a surprise—this week, 14 of 16 home teams won their games. But he also gave an example of how the replacement refs seem more like contest winners than hardened employees.

"They're like fans, kind of though. I'll be honest, they're like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy [team].'"

Fantasy football, unlike betting, isn't specifically prohibited. But fantasy can have some big money attached—and replacement refs could be the rare fantasy players who actually have a say in the outcomes of games. If McCoy is telling the truth, we've got a major problem with the scabs. Well, another major problem.
[CBS Philly]

http://deadspin.com/...my-fantasy-team

#366 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Why the NFL players are crossing the picket lines is beyond me. They could have easily stood in solidarity with the refs and likely have gotten a deal done in the preseason, yet here we are. This is one problem that the players should be held at least partly accountable.

Edited by canuckster19, 24 September 2012 - 10:57 PM.

Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#367 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

At least they are having a NFL season, I would take the crappy refs if it meant there would be NHL hockey.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#368 Stizz19

Stizz19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

I like how most of you morons think that one call (granted it was probably the worst call of the game) makes of for the countless BS calls against Seattle the whole second half. The fact that was the worst call of the season doesn't make up for all of the other calls combined! That first half which was reffed almost perfectly really showed who was the better team tonight. Seattle got 8 sacks in the first half and then magically started taking non stop penalties in the second half while Green Bay got away with CONSTANT holding on pass rushes...it was absolutely brutal.

#369 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

I type in bold too because it lets everyone know how important my post is.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#370 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

Pretty much sums it up:
Posted Image

140an3r.jpg

#371 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Why the NFL players are crossing the picket lines is beyond me. They could have easily stood in solidarity with the refs and likely have gotten a deal done in the preseason, yet here we are. This is one problem that the players should be held at least partly accountable.

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. For a Union to cross a picket line, thats pretty low. Definitely not right for the players to do.

At least they are having a NFL season, I would take the crappy refs if it meant there would be NHL hockey.

I would never watch another NHL game again if they used replacement officials and the players crossed the picket lines.

140an3r.jpg

#372 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

BOLD LETTERING.

There is no picket line. It's a lockout not a strike. The players have the right to strike though, in support. THAT would make it a picket line

#373 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Did I start the bold craze, I didn't realize I did it until I came back here now.
Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#374 Doubled23

Doubled23

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

At this point im pretty sure the refs are loving this right now, their negotiating power has probably sky rocketed the last few weeks

#375 Canuck919191

Canuck919191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

I don't like the Packers, but they definitely got hosed.

I know there were terrible calls both ways, but the 3 at the end against GB (Roughing the Passer to negate the interception, Defensive Pass Interference on Shields and of course the missed Offensive Pass Interference and botched touchdown call at the end) was just a little much.

These refs are definitely hurting the product now, but I doubt the NFL really cares because I don't know if anybody is turning off their TV or switching the channel because of bad rule enforcement.

#376 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

I like how most of you morons think that one call (granted it was probably the worst call of the game) makes of for the countless BS calls against Seattle the whole second half. The fact that was the worst call of the season doesn't make up for all of the other calls combined! That first half which was reffed almost perfectly really showed who was the better team tonight. Seattle got 8 sacks in the first half and then magically started taking non stop penalties in the second half while Green Bay got away with CONSTANT holding on pass rushes...it was absolutely brutal.

Hey genius, what about the pass interference call on Shields down the sideline when he wasn't even touching the receiver AND he turned around to look at the ball? In fact, it was the receiver who was tugging on Shields arm to get in better position and yet shields got the call on him. These refs screwed over both teams, and the whole league. At this rate some team like the Vikings or Bills is going to win the Super Bowl because these refs are belong in pop warner, not the pros.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

:picard:

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#377 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

pic.twitter.com/Q0xt4X8H

enough said

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#378 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

pic.twitter.com/Q0xt4X8H

enough said

lol that has clearly been Photoshopped

#379 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

channel 23 has been talking about this 1 call for a whole show

#380 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Did I start the bold craze, I didn't realize I did it until I came back here now.

when I originally posted my other comments it showed up unbolded, but when I returned later to look at the thread it was all bold. Not sure what has happened.

edit: same thing has happened, come back and it is all in bold, must be a glitch.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 25 September 2012 - 01:46 PM.

140an3r.jpg

#381 Durian

Durian

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

hmmm i first thought ppl purposely bolded the comments, looks like not!!!

hi wee trad bobbi luuuu 4 ryan clowne. we gett big depht wingelrs who can [****] kasasian up in fite an kill ben marchandt an duncen keiths we will win with gritti forward yes?

ok butt i already kno mark gillis he taek recomiendation from mee al time. i responsibel for his disisihun to draft sedin ok?

Posted Image

#382 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

I just checked my email and see BCLC is offering a "referee rebate" for anyone whom bet on Green Bay last night and got screwed. That just about says everything.

#383 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,192 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

I just checked my email and see BCLC is offering a "referee rebate" for anyone whom bet on Green Bay last night and got screwed. That just about says everything.

Serious?

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#384 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Serious?

Posted Image

It was a result that stupefied the football world.

Last night in Seattle on the last play of the Monday night game between Green Bay and Seattle one of the most controversial calls in recent memory took centre stage. Was it an interception, a catch or simultaneous possession? The replacement refs could not figure it out, but PlayNow Sports will make it right with the REFEREE REFUND.

If you placed a pre-game or live Money Line or Point Spread wager on Green Bay, on a bet slip that was graded a loss due to the outcome of the Green Bay –Seattle game, your wager will be refunded back to your PlayNow account as a Sports Freebet.

If your Sports Action bet lost due to the result of the Green Bay-Seattle game, Sports Action will refund your bet, up to a maximum of $100, with a PlayNow Sports Freebet.

To get your PlayNow Sports Freebet, you will need to email the ticket control number from your Sports Action ticket (the 20-digit code at the bottom of the ticket) and your PlayNow ID to sportsaction@bclc.com. Allow for two business days to process this request.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 25 September 2012 - 10:52 PM.

140an3r.jpg

#385 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:48 AM

Go Hawks!!!Hahahaha!

#386 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,751 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

People complain about government all the time, myself included. I have to say who ever thought up that refund at BCLC is awesome.
For a department that makes millions for the government, they clearly made a better call than the refs did.

http://blog.playnow....referee-refund/
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#387 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,324 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Here's the thing. Every team in the NFL knows they have replacement refs. They know that the calls will not always be the right one. They know that they can get away with more. It's the same refs for both teams. This one just has more attention as it was the last play of the game which resulted in one team winning. Mistakes happen - suck it up buttercup.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#388 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

You know the replacement refs are bad when Foot Locker sends out a press release on the matter:

Foot Locker NFL Replacement Refs Do NOT Work For Us

The NFL did NOT secretly hire black-and-white-striped Foot Locker employees to work as replacement referees ... despite all the terrible calls recently ... this according to the sneaker giant.

Foot Locker just released a statement, saying, "Despite recent allegations, our employees have spent the last few weeks at our stores and not at NFL games.”

It's all in response to a joke making the rounds on the Internet ... that the replacement refs are so bad, they must actually be Foot Locker employees.

Posted Image

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 26 September 2012 - 03:23 PM.

140an3r.jpg

#389 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

You know the replacement refs are bad when Foot Lockers sends out a press release on the matter:

Foot Locker NFL Replacement Refs Do NOT Work For Us

The NFL did NOT secretly hire black-and-white-striped Foot Locker employees to work as replacement referees ... despite all the terrible calls recently ... this according to the sneaker giant.

Foot Locker just released a statement, saying, "Despite recent allegations, our employees have spent the last few weeks at our stores and not at NFL games.”

It's all in response to a joke making the rounds on the Internet ... that the replacement refs are so bad, they must actually be Foot Locker employees.

Posted Image

Foot Locker just trying to save their own a**es :lol:
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#390 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Why is this whole page bolded?

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.