7031 replies to this topic

#4831 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

And I thought the arguing in here was bad, go check out the hunter shinkaruk thread. Damn, those people are crazy :blink:

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

:picard:

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#4832 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

And I thought the arguing in here was bad, go check out the hunter shinkaruk thread. Damn, those people are crazy :blink:

I value my sanity too much to browse Canucks Talk.

Edited by Crom!, 05 December 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#4833 JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

Ummm, I think you're taking an annonymous online football thread on a hockey forum a bit too seriously. Can't remember anyone trashing the guy who has the most wins among active head coaches.

There's no misguided reasons for not liking Pete Carroll. They're all facts. Turn on the team 1040 or ESPN radio on Sundays, you'll hear the same things. He chews out a refs ear more than once a game, and runs up and down the field to do so, and comes off as real arrogant such as telling the ESPN reporter during the game to tell Gruden up stairs that he's going to like the play he just called. But Seahawks fans see it differently. They don't see him as arrogant, they see him as cocky and confident.

Same way how Seahawks fans see Harbaugh in San Fran. Seahawks fans think Harbaugh is the biggest cry/whine baby in the NFL, yet 49ers fans see him as a passionate players coach. Same way Pats fans see Rex and vice versa, the same way Jets fans see BB. Again, I don't remember anyone in here trashing Belichick, but if they did, I wouldn't need to defend him, his numbers speak for themselves. But I can see why you'd need to defend Carroll. Unless you're a USC fan.

I go on tirades when people trash the Pats? :lol: I think you're confusing me with one of the other Pats fans in this thread. I more often than not laugh it off because it's the same regurgitated cr*p I hear all the time. Omg Brady wears uggs, spygate, boston bruins suck, brady yelled at a receiver, talib smokes pot, Manning's better, 18-1..etc. Don't really care for it.

The only "tirade" I can recall is "going at it" with canuckbeliever after the Colts beat the Broncos and I said I was happy Manning won't go 16-0 and he took exception to that. Otherwise it's smooth sailing and friendly jabs here or there. I think you out of all people really need that bar night. Have a Bruschi to take the edge off ;)

Trust me kid, I ain't losing any sleep over this crap but you keep citing one game to define Pete's character. I watch every game and I don't recall Pete running after refs on the regular so you're misguided on that one.

As for Harbaugh, he has had far too many classless moments to earn any respect. The back slapping incident, honking his horn and flashing his lights at the Seahawks team bus after the loss at candlestick last year, and that perpetual scowl he has on his face. Now there's a coach not to like. Carroll is more like an excited kid, no malice is intended.

If you want to hate on a coach hate on Tomlin for hanging a leg on a player on the sidelines. Or does that hit too close to home given Belichick's tripping record? Don't get me wrong, I like Belichick, I think he is the best coach in the league (just not this year) but then again I'm not really looking for anything to hate. Just sayin though.
Posted Image

#4834 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

If you lived through the Brian Bosworth era and still cheer for the Seahawks, you've shown more than enough patience.

What a waste of a draft pick.

Bosworth was the first College player to really hype himself over the top to be that number one pick. The guy was one of the best college players ever and would have gone far in the pros if not for the constant shoulder injuries. He was the smart choice for the pick, nobody could predict those injuries.

I became a Seahawks fan at the same time as I became a NFL fan in general when Chuck Knox was hired as head coach in 1983. There was a lot of hype around it, made me pay attention.

I have a Matt Hasselbeck jersey. Im thinking about a Richard Sherman one. Lot of people dont like Sherman because he talks a lot but he may be the best corner in the league so he can talk all he wants.

Posted Image

#4835 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Jerseys I have. White Tom Brady. That's it. I'm looking to expand though. Probably the throwback red Gronkowski one would be my next addition. If not, then Wilfork red throwback.

#4836 people please

people please

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

Drafted the wrong Manning for my pool.

Arrgh!

Yeah no doubt about that.
Posted ImageCredit to the Vintage Canuck

#4837 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

Oh ya I also have a Cromratie jersey.

I also had a Quinn Early jersey too.

Wouldn't mind getting another Titans jersey, don't like getting mainstream ones. I'll never get a Locker or Johnson jersey.

Might get a Schiancoe jersey...lol.

But seriously either Wright, Hunter, Verner, Ayers or Brown
Posted Image

#4838 canuckfan_21

canuckfan_21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

The Texans have fired head coach Gary Kubiak. Not all that surprising looking at their position in the standings. He's had a rough month though with this as well as his collapse on the field.

Any ideas for new head coach? I don't really know anything about up and coming coaches, but just from looking at nfl.com it says David Shaw from Stanford or maybe Lovie Smith.

#4839 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,179 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

Only NFL jersey I have is an Art Monk from way back in the day...

I wasn't even a Redskins fan, (still aren't) but a friend of mine who owned a sports apparel store was closing up shop and it was too good a deal to pass up.

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on a Jim Kelly. (my favorite player of all time) A day late (and a few dollars short) :(
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#4840 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

So top 5 Corners playing in the NFL this season, in no ranking order, are Talib, Sherman, Peterson, Haden, and Revis. Agree?

Talib: 9GP 4 INT 14 Passes defended 1 Forced Fumble 21 tackles
Sherman: 12 GP 4 INT 10 Passes Defended 29 tackles
Peterson: 12 GP 3 INT 12 Passes defended 3 Forced fumbles 30 tackles
Haden: 12 GP 4 INT 17 passes defended 35 tackles
Revis: 12 GP 2 INT 8 passes defended 2 forced fumbles 32 tackles

I couldn't find anywhere that kept record of how many receiving yards each CB gives up to the receiver(s) they cover, but in terms of technical skill, these guys are all playing at a close level to each other.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#4841 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

So top 5 Corners playing in the NFL this season, in no ranking order, are Talib, Sherman, Peterson, Haden, and Revis. Agree?

I couldn't find anywhere that kept record of how many receiving yards each CB gives up to the receiver(s) they cover, but in terms of technical skill, these guys are all playing at a close level to each other.

Sherman>Talib>Peterson>Haden>Revis. Revis isn't bad but he's not nearly the same guy as before his surgery.

i9o36Pr.jpg

#4842 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

The numbers dont tell you everything. Deion Sanders got to a point where he had low passes defended and interception numbers because QBs just stopped throwing to whoever he was covering.

Posted Image

#4843 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

Harvin out again for Sundays big game vs the 49ers.

Kubiak out of a job after the Texans 11th straight loss.

Josh Gordan vows to make plays against Talib, so that should be a fun match-up to watch.

And it's looking like at the very least, Browner's suspension is going to be reduced.

Edited by Crom!, 07 December 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#4844 TheRussianRocket™

TheRussianRocket™

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:25 AM

Harvin looking like a Tmac version of football.

fD9sila.jpg
^^Salter^^

#4845 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

Browner turned down an offer to reduce his suspension to 9 months and will continue the appeal process. Hes taking a risk but its a calculated one. Hes a free agent this off season and being suspended will kill his chances of landing a big money deal.

Posted Image

#4846 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Sherman>Talib>Peterson>Haden>Revis. Revis isn't bad but he's not nearly the same guy as before his surgery.

agreed
Posted Image

#4847 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

The numbers dont tell you everything. Deion Sanders got to a point where he had low passes defended and interception numbers because QBs just stopped throwing to whoever he was covering.

Yes I know, that's why I stated that I couldn't find anywhere that kept stats of how many receiving yards Corners give up to the receivers they cover and how many times the receiver they're covering is thrown to. That would tell a much more concrete story.

But the technical skills of the game should still count a little bit, they show that the CB can make a play when they are thrown to. I mean, Revis island sometimes shuts down his half of the field, but that'd be pointless if the three times the QB throws to his side they all go for long gains.

#4848 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'm fired up to watch the Eagles game finally on tv. TSN2 will be showing it. Megatron will be a good test for the secondary.

Fantasy playoffs are in full swing and I can't wait to see if the 49ers can bring Seattle back down to earth.

Sunday night will also be good. Got a full day of tv watching scheduled should be fun.

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#4849 canuckfan_21

canuckfan_21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

I'm fired up to watch the Eagles game finally on tv. TSN2 will be showing it. Megatron will be a good test for the secondary.

Fantasy playoffs are in full swing and I can't wait to see if the 49ers can bring Seattle back down to earth.

Sunday night will also be good. Got a full day of tv watching scheduled should be fun.

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

Best of luck to your Eagles the rest of the year, want them to win the east especially since it's Dallas they're competing with, but I hope it's an off day for their offence tomorrow. If your offence is on the top of their game it may be a long day for the Lions secondary. Tbh while I'm concerned about the big play, im not too worried about Shady, I know he's a different beast then what we've been facing recently, but the Lions run D has earned my trust. Both the D Line and Linebackers have been playing outstanding recently.

However I'm worried about the secondary, it hasn't been very good this whole year and now our #1 Houston and his replacement Slay are out of the game tomorrow. I'm worried DeSean and Cooper are gonna have big games especially with the form Foles is in. I think the best way to defend the pass today has to be getting pressure on Foles. How is your o-line btw, havn't watched an Eagles game since week 1 and they don't talk about o-line in the highlight packs usually.

Overall this game is pretty much a coin flip to me and its the most sure I've been out of any Lions game this year it will be a shootout.

I'll guess 38 - 34 Lions, but that may just be a bit of homerism (like I said, coin flip) :towel:

#4850 canuckfan_21

canuckfan_21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

My bad, double post.

Edited by canuckfan_21, 07 December 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#4851 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Best of luck to your Eagles the rest of the year, want them to win the east especially since it's Dallas they're competing with, but I hope it's an off day for their offence tomorrow. If your offence is on the top of their game it may be a long day for the Lions secondary. Tbh while I'm concerned about the big play, im not too worried about Shady, I know he's a different beast then what we've been facing recently, but the Lions run D has earned my trust. Both the D Line and Linebackers have been playing outstanding recently.

However I'm worried about the secondary, it hasn't been very good this whole year and now our #1 Houston and his replacement Slay are out of the game tomorrow. I'm worried DeSean and Cooper are gonna have big games especially with the form Foles is in. I think the best way to defend the pass today has to be getting pressure on Foles. How is your o-line btw, havn't watched an Eagles game since week 1 and they don't talk about o-line in the highlight packs usually.

Overall this game is pretty much a coin flip to me and its the most sure I've been out of any Lions game this year it will be a shootout.

I'll guess 38 - 34 Lions, but that may just be a bit of homerism (like I said, coin flip) :towel:

The o-line has held up decently thus far actually but they have not faced a fearsome front four like Detroit's. They do have an aggressive defence.

The key to for the game will be if Foles continues to get rid of the ball quickly and get it into the hands of Jackson and McCoy.

McCoy like Reggie Bush will have a bigger impact in this game as a receiver rather than as a runner imo.

Same in that I would like the Lions to win the North. Bears d is banged up. Rodgers is out for Green Bay it should be smooth sailing for the Lions after this one.. :bigblush:

Edited by Chip Kelly, 07 December 2013 - 11:21 PM.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#4852 canuckfan_21

canuckfan_21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

The o-line has held up decently thus far actually but they have not faced a fearsome front four like Detroit's. They do have an aggressive defence.

The key to for the game will be if Foles continues to get rid of the ball quickly and get it into the hands of Jackson and McCoy.

McCoy like Reggie Bush will have a bigger impact in this game as a receiver rather than as a runner imo.

Same in that I would like the Lions to win the North. Bears d is banged up. Rodgers is out for Green Bay it should be smooth sailing for the Lions after this one.. :bigblush:

Should be is the key, we've already been in the situation of should be smooth sailing after we beat the Bears last month to take a 2 game division lead. We then proceeded to lose to Pittsburgh and Tampa. Consistency is what Detroit lacks right now, but at least it keeps things interesting.

Edited by canuckfan_21, 07 December 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#4853 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

So freaking jealous! Travelling to visit the wife's family tomorrow. :(
Posted Image

#4854 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,805 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

I've got a Shaun Alexander Seahawks jersey.

I might get a Wilson one, or maybe a Marshawn Lynch and stick with the RB theme.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#4855 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

Only 4 weeks left!! The playoff races are heating up!! I can't wait to wake up.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#4856 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

Lp
Posted Image

#4857 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

There's a few snow games today can't wait :)

i9o36Pr.jpg

#4858 TheRussianRocket™

TheRussianRocket™

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

^Is Peyton playing in one of them?

:bigblush:

fD9sila.jpg
^^Salter^^

#4859 87Crosby

87Crosby

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

Cant wait to see the Seahawks Defence against Colin Kaepernick

You know, if you try to auto correct Kaepernick it shows pumpernickel
Posted Image

#4860 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

This game in Philly is going to be great! It's saskatchewan weather!
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.