8894 replies to this topic

#511 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

It doesn't really matter that the pats lost.
It's not like there not gonna make the playoffs.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#512 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Goshawks !!

#513 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

It doesn't really matter that the pats lost.
It's not like there not gonna make the playoffs.

ONE CAN ONLY DREAM.

Though it is funny to see all my friends and family who are Pats fans with egg on there face when they lose.

#514 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

hey guys

so have Al and Chris mentioned that Rodgers is the MVP yet? because he IS the MVP, and I just wanted you all to know he's the MVP

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#515 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

If the Patriots were going to lose to anyone I'm glad it was Seattle.

Two of my favourite teams going head to head (still like Patriots more), was a good match up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#516 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

If the Patriots were going to lose to anyone I'm glad it was Seattle.

Two of my favourite teams going head to head (still like Patriots more), was a good match up.

My two fav teams as well. Wanted Seahawks to win. Completely in love with their Dfense, I knew they would be one of the top D's in the league since summer but never dreamed they would be #1. Only if Boston had a good D, Brady would have two more rings.

Great game. Best game of the day.

#517 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

My two fav teams as well. Wanted Seahawks to win. Completely in love with their Dfense, I knew they would be one of the top D's in the league since summer but never dreamed they would be #1. Only if Boston had a good D, Brady would have two more rings.

Great game. Best game of the day.

I think the Dallas Baltimore game was pretty crazy

#518 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I think the Dallas Baltimore game was pretty crazy

How about that Baltimore team. You follow them close??

#519 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

How about that Baltimore team. You follow them close??

I follow most teams closely.

#520 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

I follow most teams closely.

Romo sucks.

#521 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Romo sucks.

Does he know?
Cause i can name a lot of teams that would rather him as their QB.

#522 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Does he know?
Cause i can name a lot of teams that would rather him as their QB.

Did you mean to say does he "now"? instead of does he "know"? If the latter I doubt it. He's a NFL QB, I hardly think a guy makes it to the NFL thinking he sucks.

You wasted a post. Instead of saying you would rather.... you should just list the teams. Then we discuss.

#523 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Arizona
Seattle
San Francisco
St.louis
Tampa bay
Baltimore
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Houston
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Buffalo
Ny jets
Miami

#524 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,127 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

So I decided to bench Rodgers in favor of Rivers this week. Mainly because I also have the Texans as my D/ST. Looks like that plan backfired big time. Good thing I will get the win anyways though.
Posted Image

#525 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

lol Rodgers is such a nerd

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#526 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Can't believe San Fran got slammed like that! Whaaaaaaaat!

/=S=/

#527 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Messed up week in football. A lot of surprise wins. Was shocked at the Hawks and Pats game though it's quite obvious the home team gets the majority of the 50/50 calls. It would be interesting if they were in the division so the Pats could have a game at home against them.

#528 Razorghost

Razorghost

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Arizona
Seattle
San Francisco
St.louis
Tampa bay
Baltimore
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Houston
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Buffalo
Ny jets
Miami

As a Miami fan ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! We have our future QB to build around now in Tannehill! Keep that jeckyll and hyde qb in Dallas I want no part of him on the phins.

Balt,S.F,St.L and Houston would not want him as their starter either, they are just fine. I think you are going a little overboard with the Romo love here.
Posted Image

#529 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,127 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

As a Miami fan ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! We have our future QB to build around now in Tannehill! Keep that jeckyll and hyde qb in Dallas I want no part of him on the phins.

Balt,S.F,St.L and Houston would not want him as their starter either, they are just fine. I think you are going a little overboard with the Romo love here.

Id say Cincy, Tennessee, St.Louis and possibly Jacksonville are happy with the QB's they have as well.
Posted Image

#530 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Seahawks are a hell of a team at home. Not as good on the road though and will probably drop their next two games.

Romo's a good quarterback. He makes ill-timed mistakes. But he's also had a patch-work offensive line for a lot of his time in Dallas.

#531 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Anybody have a secondary for sale? No, I mean like a complete secondary? My god that was embarassing today.

Good on the Seahawks for coming back, but man did we ever blow that one. Those fans are nuts too. Lotsa fun today, but wish we coulda finished the job. Now 3-3, and making the playoffs is a tough task.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#532 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

How was that an OPI on Edwards? Blame the officials, that'll get you far. I could say the same for the numerous holds on Mebane and Clemons. Refs let them play and the non-calls balance it each other. We outplayed the Pats, period.

If Edwards didn't push his guy away from him as he was going back for the ball, that wouldn't have been a TD. And yes I can blame the officials because the majority of the penalties on the Pats in the 2nd half were brutally weak. Nah you didn't outplay us. If you outplayed us, the score differential would've probably been more but its not.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#533 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

Great seeing the Bills with an unexpected win against the Cards...

...but I still have to shake my head at their efforts to give the game away in the 4th. A deep ball out of the wildcat when you're protecting a lead late in the game? 3 and out on the next possession with three straight running plays into the teeth of the 'Zona defense?

I'll take the win, but it was uglier than a Mike Ricci / Rita McNeil lovechild....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#534 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Man, what an experience! Saturday night was beautiful, clear, pretty warm. Walked around downtown Seattle in my white Gronk jersey and saw so many other Patriots fans. Met tons of people who flew in from Boston, or as they say, Bastin, for the game because they follow the Pats to all away games.

Got to the field early, got a good spot near the Pats tunnel. Didn't have a sharpie so couldn't get anything signed (quite a few pats signed) but got to shake Robert Kraft's hand, along with others like mccourty,chung,jones,branch..etc. Best part, being within 5 feet of Tom Brady (mancrush). He was pretty cool, smiled and waved to everyone, stood in the tunnel for a bit. Got some great pictures of the guys coming in and out of the tunnel..will post a couple whenever the gf decides to take them off her camera.

The game itself was crazy. Century Link can get loud and most of the fans are mature and good, welcoming people. There's the occassional group of idiots here an dthere. Our secondary blows.

That p.i call on us on the running back pass could have easily been avoided. Just terrible. 2 interceptions off of 2 tipped passes. But what did it was those 3 points left off the board at the end of the half! Brady takes the intentional grounding, half ends, and we don't get a chance for the easy 3 points. Those points = win. Even though we lost a close one, it didn't make or break my trip at all. So much fun. Next up: head back to Gilette for a game towards the end of the year or next season for training camp when the Saints go to Foxboro.

edit: It was also Canada Day at CenturyLink yesterday, never once did I ever see myself singing Oh Canada at a NFL game, but it happened.

Edited by NucksPatsFan, 15 October 2012 - 10:12 AM.

28mmdg5.jpg

Thanks to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome signature

#535 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Anybody have a secondary for sale? No, I mean like a complete secondary? My god that was embarassing today.

Good on the Seahawks for coming back, but man did we ever blow that one. Those fans are nuts too. Lotsa fun today, but wish we coulda finished the job. Now 3-3, and making the playoffs is a tough task.

All 3 of our losses have been by 2 points or less I believe, missed field goal by gost., last second field goal by baltimore, and the last minute TD by seahawks. I don't see this team, especially this offense, having a worse record than the Phins, Bills and the Jets. If we do, we have bigger problems than just the secondary.

28mmdg5.jpg

#536 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

All 3 of our losses have been by 2 points or less I believe, missed field goal by gost., last second field goal by baltimore, and the last minute TD by seahawks. I don't see this team, especially this offense, having a worse record than the Phins, Bills and the Jets. If we do, we have bigger problems than just the secondary.

Next up: Jets, Rams, Bills, Colts. Should be four wins. SHOULD be. We shall see. If they can't get the deep pass coverage figured out, teams will pick us apart. If they're not caught, you know the PI flag will be thrown.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#537 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Man, what an experience! Saturday night was beautiful, clear, pretty warm. Walked around downtown Seattle in my white Gronk jersey and saw so many other Patriots fans. Met tons of people who flew in from Boston, or as they say, Bastin, for the game because they follow the Pats to all away games.

Got to the field early, got a good spot near the Pats tunnel. Didn't have a sharpie so couldn't get anything signed (quite a few pats signed) but got to shake Robert Kraft's hand, along with others like mccourty,chung,jones,branch..etc. Best part, being within 5 feet of Tom Brady (mancrush). He was pretty cool, smiled and waved to everyone, stood in the tunnel for a bit. Got some great pictures of the guys coming in and out of the tunnel..will post a couple whenever the gf decides to take them off her camera.

The game itself was crazy. Century Link can get loud and most of the fans are mature and good, welcoming people. There's the occassional group of idiots here an dthere. Our secondary blows.

That p.i call on us on the running back pass could have easily been avoided. Just terrible. 2 interceptions off of 2 tipped passes. But what did it was those 3 points left off the board at the end of the half! Brady takes the intentional grounding, half ends, and we don't get a chance for the easy 3 points. Those points = win. Even though we lost a close one, it didn't make or break my trip at all. So much fun. Next up: head back to Gilette for a game towards the end of the year or next season for training camp when the Saints go to Foxboro.

edit: It was also Canada Day at CenturyLink yesterday, never once did I ever see myself singing Oh Canada at a NFL game, but it happened.

One of my dreams right now is to go see the Pats at Foxboro... Before Brady retires. I just hope my family goes to Boston sometime soon (although I highly doubt it because of what happened against the Bruins) but still... I REALLY want to watch a game at Gillette stadium. Or at least the Pats live... Could've bought the game in Seattle to watch them but I guess I got lazy :(

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#538 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

One of my dreams right now is to go see the Pats at Foxboro... Before Brady retires. I just hope my family goes to Boston sometime soon (although I highly doubt it because of what happened against the Bruins) but still... I REALLY want to watch a game at Gillette stadium. Or at least the Pats live... Could've bought the game in Seattle to watch them but I guess I got lazy :(

Shouldn't of been lazy, it was incredible (even though we did lose). How old are you? Why don't you go to Boston without your family with some friends? You can get cheap flights out of Bellingham and even cheaper out of Seattle (stay 1 night at a tukwila hotel, park there for free and they have a free shuttle to the airport). The rest is just accomodations (do you want a fancy hotel? or will a best western do?) and tickets. i'd say it'd be a $1000-$1200 trip if you did a fly out friday, fly back sunday after the game deal. The rest you spend would just be whatever you spend on food and shopping.

I'm thinking about driving down next August and taking in a few days of training camp.

28mmdg5.jpg

#539 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Shouldn't of been lazy, it was incredible (even though we did lose). How old are you? Why don't you go to Boston without your family with some friends? You can get cheap flights out of Bellingham and even cheaper out of Seattle (stay 1 night at a tukwila hotel, park there for free and they have a free shuttle to the airport). The rest is just accomodations (do you want a fancy hotel? or will a best western do?) and tickets. i'd say it'd be a $1000-$1200 trip if you did a fly out friday, fly back sunday after the game deal. The rest you spend would just be whatever you spend on food and shopping.

I'm thinking about driving down next August and taking in a few days of training camp.

I'm turning 19 in December and none of my closest friends watch football. I mean, I could wait again in like 2 or 3 years when the Pats go back to Seattle but by then, I'm not sure how Brady will fair.

Seems like they play the Seahawks every 4 or 5 years..

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#540 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'm turning 19 in December and none of my closest friends watch football. I mean, I could wait again in like 2 or 3 years when the Pats go back to Seattle but by then, I'm not sure how Brady will fair.

Seems like they play the Seahawks every 4 or 5 years..

what if for their next meeting Seattle goes to foxboro?

28mmdg5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.