The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Just finished the game on pvr. Best day in a while, last day of classes and utter domination of the Packers. I know there was no Rodgers, but I don't think that would have made a difference with how brutal the Packers O-line and run defence was today though. I gotta admit though that I was worried after the 3 turnovers on the first 4 possessions.

If my calculations are correct, the Lions only allowed 24 yards rushing this week and only 39 last week. Not bad.

If my calculations are correct, the Lions only allowed 24 yards rushing this week and only 39 last week. Not bad.

I meant the Packers run defence was brutal. The Lions rush defence has been absolutely incredible the last while, even before those games it was awesome against the Steelers, Bears and Cowboys. It's also been good to see them get some sacks the last couple of weeks. All season they've been hitting the qb, but just a half second too late and the ball is gone.

Wow I hate that call, Bell was in for the td ko'd himself doing it but since his helmet popped off inches before the line you take it away from him. I know thats the rules but c'mon seems like you could just give him that one. But that was a good game, was hopimg the steelers would take it but oh well

Wow I hate that call, Bell was in for the td ko'd himself doing it but since his helmet popped off inches before the line you take it away from him. I know thats the rules but c'mon seems like you could just give him that one. But that was a good game, was hopimg the steelers would take it but oh well

Steelers vs Ravens games are always epic. I can't wait for the Seahwaks vs 49ers next week.

Should be another exteremly physical game. Seahawks without Browner and Thurmond leaves an opening for the 49ers to exploit.

Also does anybody know why the Denver vs KC game was not flexed to the Sunday nighter? Who is gonna watch Giants and Redskins.

The flex is in effect is it not? Or is there limit. C'mon Man!!!

Oh well at the very least the Monday night game will be good. Will be interesting to see who covers Graham for Seattle and if that opens up Colston from Sherman.

Forward progress should be awarded when the players helmut falls off. Bell should have had that TD.

The whole purpose of the rule is to keep people from hitting the unprotected head. If the rule is forward progress people are gonna hit the unprotected head to stop forward progress. The rule as it is is correct.

though its just certainly nice seeing Seattle finally having to play a good team

Seattle beat the 8-3 Panthers week 1. Who have the Saints beated with that kind of record? Nobody. Interesting about the Panthers and this upcoming game: Panthers should take out the bucs Sunday so will be even with the Saints at 9-3 after Monday night and they still play each other twice down the stretch. That NFC South is getting tight. .Well the Saints should still get the wildcard if they dont take the Div.

Ive heard a few people saying the Saints are gonna beat Seattle in Seattle. Its funny. Saints are 3-2 on the road. Not bad. Seattle hasnt lost at home this season, or last season..

Also does anybody know why the Denver vs KC game was not flexed to the Sunday nighter? Who is gonna watch Giants and Redskins.

The flex is in effect is it not? Or is there limit. C'mon Man!!!

I think it has something to do with the tv rights. Because both KC vs Denver were orginally scheduled to be aired on CBS, I think CBS was allowed to protect 1 of the games from getting flexed to NBC. I'm not entirely sure on how that all works but heard that somewhere, but kind of makes sense CBS wouldn't want to give up both games..

Seattle beat the 8-3 Panthers week 1. Who have the Saints beated with that kind of record? Nobody. Interesting about the Panthers and this upcoming game: Panthers should take out the bucs Sunday so will be even with the Saints at 9-3 after Monday night and they still play each other twice down the stretch. That NFC South is getting tight. .Well the Saints should still get the wildcard if they dont take the Div.

Ive heard a few people saying the Saints are gonna beat Seattle in Seattle. Its funny. Saints are 3-2 on the road. Not bad. Seattle hasnt lost at home this season, or last season..

The Panthers also started out 1-3, and didn't really hit their stride untill about week 5. Or that atleast when Cam started picking up his game. I agree with you though the NFC South should be an interesting race especially if New Orleans lose on Monday.

Honestly I haven't really heard too many people picking New Orleans to win at Seattle, most of the supposive experts I've seen have picked Seattle. I think though alot closer game. Ya New Orleans doesn't really travel well, and Seattle technically hasn't lost at home in the past couple seasons(though we all know they did to GB). But if you look past that, Seattle does have some question marks now, especially at the opposite side of Sherman. Brees is one of the best, so if anyone could exploit that it would be New Orleans. I just think it will be close and wouldn't be surprised if the Saints do win

Also if you take a look at the weather, right now Mondays forcasted for snow! That would be a crazy lil twist if that happens

Edited by pdc

The people who I have heard picking New Orleans to pull off the upset contributed it to 3 things:

1) Both Payton and Brees played a playoff game in Seattle not too long ago, and even though they lost, they most likely put what they learned about crowd noise and weather conditions and simulated that in practice all week.

2) The Seahawks offense is inconsistent, and the Saints defense is pretty good this year with Rob Ryan at the helm.

3) There's only 1 Richard Sherman, but Colston, Graham, Stills, Moore and Sproles to cover

...Megatron is just unbelievable, never seen anyone like him before ever. Most comparable to me is Moss regarding size and skill but even then Johnson has the upper hand. He can play slot, mid, and long, and is practically a threat in any area. Teams game plans are to shut him down obviously before every game yet he still puts up outstanding numbers game in game out.

...in my fantasy league with friends, I had 7th overall and all the elite RB's and QB's were gone so I decided to take Megatron...they were kind 50/50 on my decision but I think it's paid off lol. His strength and concentration is beyond crazy...

What did you guys think of Mike Tomlins errant leg during Jacoby Jones return last night? Heard a lot of conflicting viewpoints today on the radio. I thought it may have been somewhat intentional. Ya he wasn't looking in Jones' direction but he was looking at the big screen and had to know that Jones was getting close.