The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Adrian Peterson, the 2012 NFL MVP, has spent his entire seven-year career on the Minnesota Vikings.

His feats there include recovering from knee surgery to rush for 2,097 yards, just 9 shy of breaking Eric Dickerson's NFL single-season mark. And on Sunday A.P. hit the 10,000-yard career mark. But the running back admits he's considered riding into the sunset with another team.

"You know, I'd be a liar if I said it's something that hasn't crossed my mind before," Peterson said on ESPN's "SVP & Russillo," via Fox Sports Southwest. "But I've also said to myself it would be so amazing to be one of those players who stays with one team his entire career, it would be good if I could do that.

"But being from Texas, I've always wondered, wow, it would be cool to play in Dallas, to play back home," he added. "Or to play in Houston."

Peterson is a native of Palestine, Texas. In 2011, he signed a $100-million, seven-year contract extension that secures him in Minnesota.

Personally, I think Minnesota should trade him since he will bring back a huge return, and give him a shot at a title before his prime years are gone. They're not going anywhere soon, not with the Lions being a better team, and having Aaron Rodgers in their division. No point in keeping him in the basement of the NFL his entire career.

Personally, I think Minnesota should trade him since he will bring back a huge return, and give him a shot at a title before his prime years are gone. They're not going anywhere soon, not with the Lions being a better team, and having Aaron Rodgers in their division. No point in keeping him in the basement of the NFL his entire career.

Well trade him to Houston. I don't want AP to be a cowboy

:lol:

Because I singled out pimpcurtly, in my opinion, as the only genuine fan of both the Seahawks and the sport of football I've come across in this thread, you think that's me calling you out?

Grade A comedian here. Were you not hugged as a child?

The regulars from this thread should get together for a game at a central location bar sometime. Everyone wear the jersey of the team they support and we can try to guess who's who :frantic:

You said he was the only real Seahawks/football fan in this thread. Considering we were just in discussion I assumed I was part of the non football/seahawks fan crowd. When a Patriots fan on the west coast calls me a bandwagoner I take offense so as the old saying goes, don't start none, won't be none. And if you want to resort to personal attacks I can certainly oblige but I don't think anyone wants to see this thread devolve to that point. Not to mention the affect it could have on our accounts.

If you want to attack a coach I have the utmost respect for I will defend him. If you don't like it when people trash your coach and players perhaps you should refrain from doing the same to others. You say you can't stand it when people don't understand why opposing teams fans don't like Pete yet you go on absolute tirades when people talk negatively about the Patriots. Do you not see the hypocrissy in that?

I understand that people don't like PC and I don't really care. It comes with the territory. But when you come up with misguided reasons for that hatred I will do my best to set you straight. Pete is an upbeat positive coach who has his team playing unbelievable football but the haters will continue to focus on the negative. Speaking of stuff you never see coaches do. This is the same coach that came out during a storm delay to high five and talk to fans in the endzone. What a jerk huh?

• Upvote 1

If you lived through the Brian Bosworth era and still cheer for the Seahawks, you've shown more than enough patience.

What a waste of a draft pick.

I was a kid when they drafted him. To me he was a bigger than life character, the likes of which the seahawks had never seen and I wanted him to do well. Hell of an actor though.

You said he was the only real Seahawks/football fan in this thread. Considering we were just in discussion I assumed I was part of the non football/seahawks fan crowd. When a Patriots fan on the west coast calls me a bandwagoner I take offense so as the old saying goes, don't start none, won't be none. And if you want to resort to personal attacks I can certainly oblige but I don't think anyone wants to see this thread devolve to that point. Not to mention the affect it could have on our accounts.

If you want to attack a coach I have the utmost respect for I will defend him. If you don't like it when people trash your coach and players perhaps you should refrain from doing the same to others. You say you can't stand it when people don't understand why opposing teams fans don't like Pete yet you go on absolute tirades when people talk negatively about the Patriots. Do you not see the hypocrissy in that?

I understand that people don't like PC and I don't really care. It comes with the territory. But when you come up with misguided reasons for that hatred I will do my best to set you straight. Pete is an upbeat positive coach who has his team playing unbelievable football but the haters will continue to focus on the negative. Speaking of stuff you never see coaches do. This is the same coach that came out during a storm delay to high five and talk to fans in the endzone. What a jerk huh?

Ummm, I think you're taking an annonymous online football thread on a hockey forum a bit too seriously. Can't remember anyone trashing the guy who has the most wins among active head coaches.

There's no misguided reasons for not liking Pete Carroll. They're all facts. Turn on the team 1040 or ESPN radio on Sundays, you'll hear the same things. He chews out a refs ear more than once a game, and runs up and down the field to do so, and comes off as real arrogant such as telling the ESPN reporter during the game to tell Gruden up stairs that he's going to like the play he just called. But Seahawks fans see it differently. They don't see him as arrogant, they see him as cocky and confident.

Same way how Seahawks fans see Harbaugh in San Fran. Seahawks fans think Harbaugh is the biggest cry/whine baby in the NFL, yet 49ers fans see him as a passionate players coach. Same way Pats fans see Rex and vice versa, the same way Jets fans see BB. Again, I don't remember anyone in here trashing Belichick, but if they did, I wouldn't need to defend him, his numbers speak for themselves. But I can see why you'd need to defend Carroll. Unless you're a USC fan.

I go on tirades when people trash the Pats? :lol: I think you're confusing me with one of the other Pats fans in this thread. I more often than not laugh it off because it's the same regurgitated cr*p I hear all the time. Omg Brady wears uggs, spygate, boston bruins suck, brady yelled at a receiver, talib smokes pot, Manning's better, 18-1..etc. Don't really care for it.

The only "tirade" I can recall is "going at it" with canuckbeliever after the Colts beat the Broncos and I said I was happy Manning won't go 16-0 and he took exception to that. Otherwise it's smooth sailing and friendly jabs here or there. I think you out of all people really need that bar night. Have a Bruschi to take the edge off ;)

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Ummm, I think you're taking an annonymous online football thread on a hockey forum a bit too seriously. Can't remember anyone trashing the guy who has the most wins among active head coaches.

There's no misguided reasons for not liking Pete Carroll. They're all facts. Turn on the team 1040 or ESPN radio on Sundays, you'll hear the same things. He chews out a refs ear more than once a game, and runs up and down the field to do so, and comes off as real arrogant such as telling the ESPN reporter during the game to tell Gruden up stairs that he's going to like the play he just called. But Seahawks fans see it differently. They don't see him as arrogant, they see him as cocky and confident.

Same way how Seahawks fans see Harbaugh in San Fran. Seahawks fans think Harbaugh is the biggest cry/whine baby in the NFL, yet 49ers fans see him as a passionate players coach. Same way Pats fans see Rex and vice versa, the same way Jets fans see BB. Again, I don't remember anyone in here trashing Belichick, but if they did, I wouldn't need to defend him, his numbers speak for themselves. But I can see why you'd need to defend Carroll. Unless you're a USC fan.

I go on tirades when people trash the Pats? :lol: I think you're confusing me with one of the other Pats fans in this thread. I more often than not laugh it off because it's the same regurgitated cr*p I hear all the time. Omg Brady wears uggs, spygate, boston bruins suck, brady yelled at a receiver, talib smokes pot, Manning's better, 18-1..etc. Don't really care for it.

The only "tirade" I can recall is "going at it" with canuckbeliever after the Colts beat the Broncos and I said I was happy Manning won't go 16-0 and he took exception to that. Otherwise it's smooth sailing and friendly jabs here or there. I think you out of all people really need that bar night. Have a Bruschi to take the edge off ;)

Trust me kid, I ain't losing any sleep over this crap but you keep citing one game to define Pete's character. I watch every game and I don't recall Pete running after refs on the regular so you're misguided on that one.

As for Harbaugh, he has had far too many classless moments to earn any respect. The back slapping incident, honking his horn and flashing his lights at the Seahawks team bus after the loss at candlestick last year, and that perpetual scowl he has on his face. Now there's a coach not to like. Carroll is more like an excited kid, no malice is intended.

If you want to hate on a coach hate on Tomlin for hanging a leg on a player on the sidelines. Or does that hit too close to home given Belichick's tripping record? Don't get me wrong, I like Belichick, I think he is the best coach in the league (just not this year) but then again I'm not really looking for anything to hate. Just sayin though.

If you lived through the Brian Bosworth era and still cheer for the Seahawks, you've shown more than enough patience.

What a waste of a draft pick.

Bosworth was the first College player to really hype himself over the top to be that number one pick. The guy was one of the best college players ever and would have gone far in the pros if not for the constant shoulder injuries. He was the smart choice for the pick, nobody could predict those injuries.

I became a Seahawks fan at the same time as I became a NFL fan in general when Chuck Knox was hired as head coach in 1983. There was a lot of hype around it, made me pay attention.

I have a Matt Hasselbeck jersey. Im thinking about a Richard Sherman one. Lot of people dont like Sherman because he talks a lot but he may be the best corner in the league so he can talk all he wants.

Oh ya I also have a Cromratie jersey.

I also had a Quinn Early jersey too.

Wouldn't mind getting another Titans jersey, don't like getting mainstream ones. I'll never get a Locker or Johnson jersey.

Might get a Schiancoe jersey...lol.

But seriously either Wright, Hunter, Verner, Ayers or Brown

The Texans have fired head coach Gary Kubiak. Not all that surprising looking at their position in the standings. He's had a rough month though with this as well as his collapse on the field.

Any ideas for new head coach? I don't really know anything about up and coming coaches, but just from looking at nfl.com it says David Shaw from Stanford or maybe Lovie Smith.

Only NFL jersey I have is an Art Monk from way back in the day...

I wasn't even a Redskins fan, (still aren't) but a friend of mine who owned a sports apparel store was closing up shop and it was too good a deal to pass up.

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on a Jim Kelly. (my favorite player of all time) A day late (and a few dollars short) :(

So top 5 Corners playing in the NFL this season, in no ranking order, are Talib, Sherman, Peterson, Haden, and Revis. Agree?

Talib: 9GP 4 INT 14 Passes defended 1 Forced Fumble 21 tackles

Sherman: 12 GP 4 INT 10 Passes Defended 29 tackles

Peterson: 12 GP 3 INT 12 Passes defended 3 Forced fumbles 30 tackles

Haden: 12 GP 4 INT 17 passes defended 35 tackles

Revis: 12 GP 2 INT 8 passes defended 2 forced fumbles 32 tackles

I couldn't find anywhere that kept record of how many receiving yards each CB gives up to the receiver(s) they cover, but in terms of technical skill, these guys are all playing at a close level to each other.