The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

What's interesting to me regarding San Francisco is who they face (or potentially face hencforth) on the road to the Super Bowl and how they did during the regular season:

SF lost to Carolina 10-9

And if they beat Carolina, they obviously play the winner of New Orleans vs. Seattle, well, they've played both already this season too..

SF lost to Seattle 29-3

then beat Seattle 19-17

SF lost to New Orleans 23-20

In all three of those losses, Kaepernick was absolutely terrible and defenses contained him (least of all, New Orleans), so it will be interesting if he turns out to be as clutch as last year's playoff rounds or if he will sputter due to indecisiveness and bad playcalling like what happened during the Super Bowl and those losses this season.

If you are a football fan and don't have a real interest in this you wanna see the best vs the best.

AFC

Patriots @ Broncos

NFC

49ers @ Seahawks

The 4 best teams. Epic rivalries in both.

Would be amazing to watch if it happened.

Completely agree and those would be my picks. However, the fan in me would prefer Seattle-Carolina and Indy-San Diego.

I am a Seahawks fan here but does anyone have the feeling they are going down on Saturday?

I do

Have some faith man. Harvin and Luke Wilson had full practice yesterday. Kam Chancellor DNP though. They're going to be tough to beat if they the offence going again. I think we'll see a lot more of the read option from Russell Wilson as well. I have a feeling the coaching staff had a bit of a leash on him over the last few games with a playoff berth locked up. At least I hope so.

Last weekend I went 0/4 on my predictions, so I won't be making any picks this weekend.

Although I will be rooting for the Seahawks, Panthers, Patriots, and Broncos this weekend. I won't be surprised if either the 49ers or Chargers advance, but will be absolutely floored if both the Seahawks and Patriots lose.

I guess I'll makes some predictions:

New Orleans 24 - Seattle 20 Seahawks offense hasn't been great leading up to the playoffs. Tough to flip a switch just like that.

San Francisco 30 - Carolina 24 I think the Niners are a better rounded team overall, and they're finally in top form.

San Diego 28 - Denver 38 Manning has too many offensive weapons; Chargers won't be able to stop him.

Indianapolis 17 - New England 24 Home field advantage will be key here as Brady is a beast in bad weather. Injuries may make this close but the Pats have done a great job covering for missing key players all season.

I'm going to go with some risky picks.

New Orleans 27 - Seattle 23- Not sure why, but I'm going with the Saints over the Seahawks in Seattle. Sounds insane, but it's just a gut feeling.

San Francisco 24- Carolina 28- Carolina pulls off the upset.

San Diego 31 - Denver 30- The loss of Von Miller plus the hot streak of San Diego allows them pull the upset over Peyton and the Broncos. It'll come down to the final drive of the game.

Indianapolis 20 - New England 30- Weather conditions + Home field advantage + Brady + No Reggie Wayne= Success for New England.

Went 4 for 4 last week in my NFL pick'em pool. Not sure if it'll happen again, but I have to go with my gut on some of these.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect

Pats post.

Going through the rosters for this weekend, on paper when subtracting Wilfork, Gronkowski, Mayo, Dobson and Spikes, the Patriots have the weakest roster on paper left in the playoffs.

Every team except the Chargers has a better defense than the Patriots, though without Von Miller the Broncos are about equal.

The Broncos, Chargers, Saints, 49ers, Seahawks, Colts (who have a legitimate deep threat WR and a legitimate red zone tight end) all have better offenses (on paper) than the Patriots, and the 1 team that doesn't (Carolina) has a far superior defense.

The Patriots will likely be starting 7 rookies/2nd year players on defense. Talib, Ninkovich, McCourty, Fletcher being the starters 3 or more years removed from College.

Again, this is all on paper. Blount could easily be our Corey Dillon of the past and be the workhorse for the offense. Logan Ryan has been making plays all over the field. Amendola might decide to show up. But just an interesting observation.

Still going with a Pats win tomorrow by at least a touchdown. Predicting Patriots winning by 7 late in the 4th, Luck driving down with about 4 minutes left, defense forces a turn over, Patriots kick a field goal with about 2 minutes left to ice the game.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Pats post.

Going through the rosters for this weekend, on paper when subtracting Wilfork, Gronkowski, Mayo, Dobson and Spikes, the Patriots have the weakest roster on paper left in the playoffs.

Every team except the Chargers has a better defense than the Patriots, though without Von Miller the Broncos are about equal.

The Broncos, Chargers, Saints, 49ers, Seahawks, Colts (who have a legitimate deep threat WR and a legitimate red zone tight end) all have better offenses (on paper) than the Patriots, and the 1 team that doesn't (Carolina) has a far superior defense.

The Patriots will likely be starting 7 rookies/2nd year players on defense. Talib, Ninkovich, McCourty, Fletcher being the starters 3 or more years removed from College.

Again, this is all on paper. Blount could easily be our Corey Dillon of the past and be the workhorse for the offense. Logan Ryan has been making plays all over the field. Amendola might decide to show up. But just an interesting observation.

Still going with a Pats win tomorrow by at least a touchdown. Predicting Patriots winning by 7 late in the 4th, Luck driving down with about 4 minutes left, defense forces a turn over, Patriots kick a field goal with about 2 minutes left to ice the game.

I do think Edelman and Amendola are going to come up big tommorow. Hopefully Blount does what he did last week and Brady can PA a few bombs down the field to Dobson. GO PATS GO!!!!!

Edited by CIaude Giroux

Predictions:

NE beats IND - Brady carries the team and has a stellar performance.

DEN beats SD - Manning and the offense just too much to handle and contain.

CAR beats SF - Carolina D stop the 49ers offense and Newton comes up clutch.

SEA beats NO - Simply b/c Hawks are home, fans will help them win.

Game day boys! Pretty pumped; gonna be busy with friends till Monday with football, having a playoff party out of town...I'll likely get back Monday but will try dropping in here and there throughout the games.