#811 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Any given Sundany!!!
But I know, you're probably right. Maybe Locker will have the game of his career :) Their secondary has shown they're vulnerable. It's just about stopping that mammoth J J Watt

Posted Image

seriously, he's beasting. Everybody in the league knows the guy's m.o. and still nobody can figure out how to get around him.

HE CANNOT BE STOPPED!

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#812 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

I don't think you "can" stop him. I saw him beat double team multiple times, and even vs triple teams, he's quick and smart enough to take a step back and jump up when the pass is thrown, I'm surprised he doesn't have any interceptions this year. The guy is a tank.

Ps: Dnomingdk;lagukh Suh is a dirty animal.

Edited by NucksPatsFan, 23 November 2012 - 01:55 PM.

28mmdg5.jpg

Thanks to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome signature

egpcw0.gif

#813 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Speaking of JJ Watt, I didn't know he was such a big hockey fan until I read this today.

http://www.torontosu...texans-defender

HOUSTON - The NFL's best defender loves Canada. Loves Poutine. Loves Tim Hortons.
And he grew up on skates, dreaming of becoming an NHL star.
In an interview Friday with QMI Agency, Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt revealed that hockey probably was his first love as a kid growing up in Pewaukee, Wis.
"Hockey is STILL possibly my favourite sport," Watt said. "I skated at age 3. So from age 3 to 13, I was on skates every day. I loved it."
Watt, a tremendous all-round athlete, played rep hockey. He travelled to tournaments as far away as Germany. And, often, in Canada.
"I'm a huge fan of Canadians," Watt said. "I was up there all the time. I used to play all over. I've played in Quebec City, I've played in Montreal, I've played in Toronto. Went to the Hockey Hall of Fame a few times.
"I love it there. Great place, great people. And I love Tim Hortons. Tim Hortons is one of my favourite things I've done! And then what city has the fries and ... gravy, is it?
Yes, gravy. And cheese curds. Poutine. That was probably in Quebec.
"Yeah. It's delicious! It's not healthy whatsoever, but it's delicious."
Watt, 23, might be 6-foot-5, 295 pounds now and more solid than a iron ice-rink stanchion, but he implied he was a pretty good player -- fast on his skates.
"I was a centre. I was small then, so I was a goal scorer."
So what happened when he turned 13?
" It got very expensive for my family," Watt said. "I used to play in Germany, too, and everywhere. It got really expensive, and so that was the reason I had to quit."
Watt said he was "super sad" about it.
Could the uber-confident, high-intensity Watt have made it to the NHL?
"I'd like to think so. I'll definitely be in an old-man league when I'm done playing football."
That was the sound of a million Canadian beer-leaguers gulping.

#814 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Wilfork going a bit under the radar around here, he's been crazy good. Obviously not as good as Watt but he changed the whole Patriots Jets game in one play. Never seen a play like it.

#815 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

By the way who do you guys think has been the best QB this year? Stafford and Romo are 1 and 2 in passing yards but neither of them I think should be considered. I personally think it is really between P.Manning and Brady. Pretty incredible seeing their age. Also in contention would be Brees and Rodgers.

#816 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Sanchez, wow. Most embarrassing play ever, got clotheslined by his linemans butt cheek. It was completely north south, not like that 300pound booty just appeared.

#817 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

By the way who do you guys think has been the best QB this year? Stafford and Romo are 1 and 2 in passing yards but neither of them I think should be considered. I personally think it is really between P.Manning and Brady. Pretty incredible seeing their age. Also in contention would be Brees and Rodgers.

Manning would get my vote
Posted Image

#818 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Any given Sundany!!!
But I know, you're probably right. Maybe Locker will have the game of his career :) Their secondary has shown they're vulnerable. It's just about stopping that mammoth J J Watt

And Arian foster..
Posted Image

#819 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Fan Tries To Trade Candy For Eagles Tickets

For those masochistic Philadelphia Eagles fans looking for another reminder of how bad their team is, try this:
A fan on Craigslist is offering to swap his leftover Halloween candy for Eagles tickets, and he thinks it's a fair trade.
This is the posting that went up this week:

I'll trade my leftover Halloween candy for tickets to the Eagles vs Pathers game this Monday night.
I have 23 Snickers bars (fun size), 5 Snickers Almond bars (fun size), and an unopened bag of Charms Blow Pops (assorted flavors).
The game is Monday night, it's against the Panthers, and it's going to be cold. If you'd rather not sit through another Eagles' game, this is a great trade.

Posted Image

Ouch.
As much as it hurts Eagles fans to see it, this guy has a point. The Eagles are in last place and this week they're playing the last-place Panthers. The weather will likely be in the 40s in Philadelphia on Monday, and it can be a hassle to get to and from a Monday night game.

Granted, much of the candy is fun size, and the bags have been opened, but is that better than paying to see some terrible football? Maybe.

:picard:

Edited by nuckin_futz, 23 November 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#820 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

And Arian foster..

I don't see why Arian Foster would be playing defense and trying to stop Jake Locker..

28mmdg5.jpg

egpcw0.gif

#821 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Interesting story lines this week, this one is close to home

http://profootballta...uccess-stories/

Plenty of BC/CGY matchups, then head to head for a Miami job, now MIA/SEA.

Out of work > CFL > Pro Bowl

#Wake #Browner

Edited by BurnabyJoe, 23 November 2012 - 11:16 PM.

http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#822 pdc

pdc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

It's close, I still think Rodgers is the best Qb in the league, and if you were to build a team I'd start with him. Because he is just as good of pocket passer but much better at throwing off the run and scrambling if needed. However I'd bet money on Manning winning offensive player of the year, purely because of the comeback story.

#823 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I don't see why Arian Foster would be playing defense and trying to stop Jake Locker..

oh i misread you thought you meant that the only thing they had to worry about on houston as a whole was Watt
Posted Image

#824 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

oh i misread you thought you meant that the only thing they had to worry about on houston as a whole was Watt

Oh no, that offense has a lot of weapons now. Besides Foster and Johnson, Owen Daniels is a big threat as is Garrett Graham now, their receiver, whats his name, kevin walter has good potential

28mmdg5.jpg

egpcw0.gif

#825 pdc

pdc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Oh no, that offense has a lot of weapons now. Besides Foster and Johnson, Owen Daniels is a big threat as is Garrett Graham now, their receiver, whats his name, kevin walter has good potential

I don't really agree I think a lot of people are making Houston out to be more than they are. Their Defence is good thats hard to argue, but beside Arian Foster and their run game I don't think their offence is too much to fear. Andre Johnson is no where near what he used to be, he is still good but far from elite. Owen Daniels is a decent TE Garret Graham and Kevin Walter are nothing special at all. Foster and their play action make the rest of that offence look good.

#826 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I don't really agree I think a lot of people are making Houston out to be more than they are.

Houston's 10-1 record and undefeated road record says hello.

#827 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I don't really agree I think a lot of people are making Houston out to be more than they are. Their Defence is good thats hard to argue, but beside Arian Foster and their run game I don't think their offence is too much to fear. Andre Johnson is no where near what he used to be, he is still good but far from elite. Owen Daniels is a decent TE Garret Graham and Kevin Walter are nothing special at all. Foster and their play action make the rest of that offence look good.

Can't argue with that. I was just going based off of how many yards and td's andre johnson and owen daniels have.

To be fair to PDC, the only good teams Houston has defeated are the Ravens and Bears (who I think are over rated anyways). They barely squeaked by the Lions and had it not been for Schwartz eagerness they would have 2 losses on the season, and they barely squeaked by the jaguars although it was a good come from behind story. The reason I'm not putting the Broncos in that "good team" category is cause they beat the Broncos in week 3 when they hadn't really hit their stride yet.

The rest of their schedule seems pretty easy as well depending on whether Andrew Luck hits the rookie wall or not. If he doesn't, then the Texans will have a tough go at it with the Patriots once and the Colts twice, if he does, then all they have left is one challenging game vs the Pats in Foxboro.

28mmdg5.jpg

egpcw0.gif

#828 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Lol, Adrian Peterson missed the team bus to Soldier Field and had to take a cab. Lucky for him the cabbie wasn't a Vikings fan, otherwise he really could've had his timing messed up

28mmdg5.jpg

egpcw0.gif

#829 pdc

pdc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

That's fair but let me ask you this who have they beaten that was overal impressive? They have 3 decent wins that I can see even those could be argued. They won against Denver, but that was at the beggining of the season when the Broncos weren't playing as well. A win against the Ravens, who is another team I'm not overly impressed by. A win versus the Bears where Cutler was knocked out at half.Wins are wins and a 10-1 record is nothing to balk at. They are the best in the AFC, which I beleive is just awful this year. But not the best in the NFL like many claim.Though my original point was I don't beleive their offence is something to be really feared.They are good not great. Love their deffence tho especially JJ Watt

Edited by pdc, 25 November 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#830 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

To be fair to PDC, the only good teams Houston has defeated are the Ravens and Bears (who I think are over rated anyways). They barely squeaked by the Lions and had it not been for Schwartz eagerness they would have 2 losses on the season, and they barely squeaked by the jaguars although it was a good come from behind story. The reason I'm not putting the Broncos in that "good team" category is cause they beat the Broncos in week 3 when they hadn't really hit their stride yet.

The rest of their schedule seems pretty easy as well depending on whether Andrew Luck hits the rookie wall or not. If he doesn't, then the Texans will have a tough go at it with the Patriots once and the Colts twice, if he does, then all they have left is one challenging game vs the Pats in Foxboro.

How are the Bears and Ravens overrated? They're records speak for themselves. The Ravens beat New England and Pittsburgh, two teams anyone would have guessed as playoff bound teams to start the season.
The Bears seem to lose to the best teams in the league and beat everyone else.
Detroit is also not an easy team to beat at home, on Thanksgiving Day, which is rich in history in Detroit for the NFL, and Houston did it on 4 days rest.

.I expect Doug Martin to have a killer day today, cant believe I have him, Richardson, Spiller and Foster as my RB's in my NFL fantasy team, pretty much 4 of the top 5 RB's right now.

#831 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

How are the Bears and Ravens overrated? They're records speak for themselves. The Ravens beat New England and Pittsburgh, two teams anyone would have guessed as playoff bound teams to start the season.
Detroit is also not an easy team to beat at home, on Thanksgiving Day, which is rich in history in Detroit for the NFL, and Houston did it on 4 days rest.

.I expect Doug Martin to have a killer day today, cant believe I have him, Richardson, Spiller and Foster as my RB's in my NFL fantasy team, pretty much 4 of the top 5 RB's right now.

I didn't call the Ravens overrated and what I bolded is you explaining yourself why the Bears are overrated. The Lions were 0-7 on Thanksgiving day coming into the game, and Stafford was 0-2 with a 2-7 touchdown:interception ratio. I don't think Houston was worried about having to play them on Thanksgiving day.

28mmdg5.jpg

egpcw0.gif

#832 pdc

pdc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Wow I'm jealous my RB's blow this year and picked up Hilman on the waiver wire thinking he would get the start and they go with Moreno WTF! Moreno is garbage.Bears D is good and i think they are a good team when Cutler plays. When they played Houston Cutler got injured, the Bears just seem like a different team with out Cutler. But that was still a good win.I just personally don't think much of the Ravens they seem SB champs 1 week then the next look like crap. Especially their offence, everytime I start beleiving in Flacco he craps the bed. Somehow I'm expecting them to be pretty lackluster today and lose to a bad Chargers team, it wouldn't surprise me. Overall I think Houston is good top 5 yes, but I just hear people call them runnaway favorites. I just think this year the NFC has better teams in it

#833 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

Tennessee intercepts Henne first play of game :lol:

#834 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

I didn't call the Ravens overrated and what I bolded is you explaining yourself why the Bears are overrated.

Can't argue with that. I was just going based off of how many yards and td's andre johnson and owen daniels have.

To be fair to PDC, the only good teams Houston has defeated are the Ravens and Bears (who I think are over rated anyways).

Huh?

Maybe you meant just the Bears are over-rated?

Edited by vancanfan, 25 November 2012 - 11:14 AM.

#835 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Wow I'm jealous my RB's blow this year and picked up Hilman on the waiver wire thinking he would get the start and they go with Moreno WTF! Moreno is garbage.Bears D is good and i think they are a good team when Cutler plays. When they played Houston Cutler got injured, the Bears just seem like a different team with out Cutler. But that was still a good win.I just personally don't think much of the Ravens they seem SB champs 1 week then the next look like crap. Especially their offence, everytime I start beleiving in Flacco he craps the bed. Somehow I'm expecting them to be pretty lackluster today and lose to a bad Chargers team, it wouldn't surprise me. Overall I think Houston is good top 5 yes, but I just hear people call them runnaway favorites. I just think this year the NFC has better teams in it

I shake my head somedays, still unsure how I got away with drafting all these RB's and got away with it.
But a 3 game losing streak took me from 6-1 to 6-4, so I need a big day from these guys today.

#836 pdc

pdc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

I called the Ravens overated lol. Its based of a gut feel more than anything. But I have no faith in their offence. Ray Rice is a good back and they have good WR's and TE's but if it came down to them needing to score I don't beleive in them. Couple that with all their injuries on Defence and I'd move them down to just in the top 10 in the NFL.

#837 pdc

pdc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

I shake my head somedays, still unsure how I got away with drafting all these RB's and got away with it.
But a 3 game losing streak took me from 6-1 to 6-4, so I need a big day from these guys today.

I play in a deep 20 team league, so we only start 1 RB, I have Charles who's been real hit or miss this year. I'm 7-3-1 if I can some how get a good game out of Jordy Nelson, Charles, Washinton and Hilman as my flex I can wrap up 1st

#838 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,178 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Anyone know a good link they can pm me, so I can watch the Titans game?

Also since we are talking fantasy, my team started off 6-0 and now I am 6-5
Posted Image

#839 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

What a waste of a roster spot, start Jalen Parmele and he gets injured right away...

28mmdg5.jpg

egpcw0.gif

#840 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,178 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Not sure why I want to watch this Titans game. They look awful
Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.