The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Serious question, asking cause I'm not sure if the rules might have changed but is the game going to be played at Foxborough or Denver? I'm assuming Denver but have a doubt might be played at New England cause Pats won the season series.

Higher seed always gets the home game. No matter what.

In the previous 3 Brady vs Manning playoff games, the winner went on to win the super bowl .

I can see that happening this year too....

I'll be honest, as stoked as I am for yet another AFC Final, this one scares me the most.

Also, I really hope the Hawks hit Boldin REALLY REALLY hard next week.

Boring talking about the pats; what about the Niners-Hawks, that's gonna be epic. Who do you guys see coming out ontop. I personally gotta go with Hawks cause again they're at home.

Also, awesome thin Seahawks organization did was they made the tickets to the Niners game available only to 2-3 states so it's majority Hawks fans at the game and available to BC, Alberta, plus Hawaii and Alaska ontop of the other states...that is when you know you are the 12th man.

Have not posted here in a while but will for next couple of weeks. Here are a few thoughts...

1) I know some of you think I am a homer which is fine but I really do believe this game is the Broncos to lose and if they lose it will be because they beat themselves up. The Pats are EXTREMELY injury riddled currently and the Broncos have an advantage or are tied in terms of talent in virtually every position.

2) The broncos beating themselves comes down to what I call the "choke factor". In the last 2 years in big games Denver has found a way to lose almost all of the time (with today being the exception). They lost to Pats last season, then lost to Ravens in the playoffs and managed to lose to both the Colts and Pats this year. The team did not do enough today to how me the choke factor is gone. There were at least 2-3 drives which should have bee closed off with points that were not and the D looked horrible when it mattered most.

3) The fact Brady and Bellicheck have taken the team this far is a testament to both of their work. If it were not for fact Manning had a record breaking year Brady would have easily been MVP for the work he did. The Pats put plain and simple are not that good with the injuries.

4) I read an interesting stat on an article on thescore site which goes to show how dominant Pats have been in the last decade which is that the Pats will play their first road playoff game next Sunday since 2006. This organization has been damn good for a long time

On a Seahawks- 49ers note..

Seahawks will not sell NFC championship game tickets to California-based buyers

NFL

By Brendan Maloy

sea595.jpg?w=595&h=375

Seattle Seahawks fans hold the record for loudest crowd in the NFL. (Otto Greule Jr/Getty Images)

The Seattle Seahawks have announced they will not be selling tickets for next Sunday’s NFC championship game to those with a California address.

Shortly after their divisional round win over the Carolina Panthers, the team announced on their website that tickets would be available for purchase on Monday for fans, but would only be available to those with billing addresses in Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Alaska or Hawaii, as well as the Canadian provinces of British Columbia and Alberta.

BURKE: Colin Kaepernick, NaVarro Bowman steal Cam Newton’s ‘Superman’ celebration

The move is intended to prevent ticket scalping, and also to discourage fans of the opposing San Francisco 49ers from attending the game at Seattle’s CenturyLink Field, according to SFGate.com

http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/12/seahawks-will-not-sell-tickets-california/

What the Seahawks are doing is smart but also nicely fits with the douchy personality associated with the team

Have not posted here in a while but will for next couple of weeks. Here are a few thoughts...

1) I know some of you think I am a homer which is fine but I really do believe this game is the Broncos to lose and if they lose it will be because they beat themselves up. The Pats are EXTREMELY injury riddled currently and the Broncos have an advantage or are tied in terms of talent in virtually every position.

2) The broncos beating themselves comes down to what I call the "choke factor". In the last 2 years in big games Denver has found a way to lose almost all of the time (with today being the exception). They lost to Pats last season, then lost to Ravens in the playoffs and managed to lose to both the Colts and Pats this year. The team did not do enough today to how me the choke factor is gone. There were at least 2-3 drives which should have bee closed off with points that were not and the D looked horrible when it mattered most.

3) The fact Brady and Bellicheck have taken the team this far is a testament to both of their work. If it were not for fact Manning had a record breaking year Brady would have easily been MVP for the work he did. The Pats put plain and simple are not that good with the injuries.

4) I read an interesting stat on an article on thescore site which goes to show how dominant Pats have been in the last decade which is that the Pats will play their first road playoff game next Sunday since 2006. This organization has been damn good for a long time

Denver need to score points on those drives to have a chance at the Patriots. Who, by the way, OWNED the Colts and showed them what it's like to never really be in a game or have a chance, crippling injuries and all. Yeah, the Broncos did that to the Chargers a bit, but resulted in way fewer points than it will take to beat Brady and that offence.

The thing with the Patriots injuries is, the back ups are playing above expected. Jamie Collins, wow, hello, coming out party last night! He can rush the passer, stuff the line, and cover in open field man to man! I have full faith that he can cover Julius Thomas. Dont'a Hightower has done a tremendous job taking over as the leader of the front 7 for Mayo and has played phenominally. Chis Jones and Joey Vellano as a tandem have done a good job at doing what Wilfork can do by himself.

The only unreplacable is Gronkowski. Hoomanawanui (it's not even hard to pronounce, I'm pretty sure the commentators to fumble it are doing it on purpose for comedy reasons, but it's not funny anymore) and Matthew Mulligan have been incredible in the run game. Full credit to Hoomanawanui for his run blocking ability last night. With no Von Miller to block off the edge, I expect the Patriots to have a great day running the ball down the undersized front 7 of the Broncos.

I'm sticking with my prediction. Brady will be able to go mano a mano with Manning in the passing game. Brady has no where near the talent level that Manning has to throw to, but the Broncos secondary is equally as weak. Therefore, the game will come down to the run game. Do Blount/Ridley/Vereen have a better day running at the Broncos front 7, or do Moreno and Ball have the better day running against the Pats 30th ranked run defense?

It's going to be a good one! Having friends over like yesterday again, it'll be a fun atmosphere, a few of them are Seahawks fans so it'll be a fun back to back.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

I thought Seahaws/49ers fans were bad, but this takes the cake:

572310_573599455_1523128077_q.jpgBinh Cao · Top Commenter · UC San Diego

Patriots, I am a Chargers fan and I hope you guys just win and crush Manning. Better yet, please, please whack his head and neck and send him home for early retirement already. Whenever he says Omaha and follows that with head scratching or butt scratching, it means a quick pass to the outside left or right. Just shut him up please when he says Omaha, just ask him WTF is Omaha. Man, I can't stand that guy....rooting for the Patriots to just run over Denver.

Haha, Peyton...pure gold.

Post game, when asked about his future and if the upcoming exam on his neck is weighing on his mind he replied:

"It's really not, what's weighing on my mind is how soon I can get a Bud Light in my mouth after this win"

Priorities.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-dodges-questions-future-legacy-tough-avoid-023418667--nfl.html

I thought Seahaws/49ers fans were bad, but this takes the cake:

572310_573599455_1523128077_q.jpgBinh Cao · Top Commenter · UC San Diego

Patriots, I am a Chargers fan and I hope you guys just win and crush Manning. Better yet, please, please whack his head and neck and send him home for early retirement already. Whenever he says Omaha and follows that with head scratching or butt scratching, it means a quick pass to the outside left or right. Just shut him up please when he says Omaha, just ask him WTF is Omaha. Man, I can't stand that guy....rooting for the Patriots to just run over Denver.

chargers1.jpg

On a Seahawks- 49ers note..

http://tracking.si.c...ets-california/

What the Seahawks are doing is smart but also nicely fits with the douchy personality associated with the team

I've seen in Italy people somehow drag a beat up scooter in the stands and puncture the gas tank, set it on fire it and throw it down the stairs in the stadium just because the team lost the Serie A title that year. Stopping buying tickets from California is quaint by comparison.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Upvote 1