Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

looks like the cowboys are going to win you can be happy now romo

Haha.
Guys I just rant about the cowboys on CDC. You guys make such a big deal about it.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#963 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,800 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Damn Eagles TD
Posted Image

#964 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

from what I can gather, you don't

you just whine about them lol

Truer words were never said on CDC.

#965 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

I didn't watch the half time show.
So what did bob costas say that caused such a stir?
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#966 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

gun control rant by bob costas here is the video http://victorygirlsblog.com/?p=8845

in short he basically says if jovan belcher had no gun him and his gf would still be alive

Edited by captaincanuck88, 02 December 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#967 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,079 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

gun control rant by bob costas here is the video http://victorygirlsblog.com/?p=8845

in short he basically says if jovan belcher had no gun him and his gf would still be alive

While I certainly support the idea of increased gun control, Belcher was clearly in a really bad place and if he didn't own a gun who's to say he wouldn't have used other means? This was Chris Benoit level.

EDIT: In happier AFC West news, my Broncos keep on rolling along.

Edited by drdeath, 02 December 2012 - 11:51 PM.

aXmDa9t.gif

#968 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

I am a Liberal at heart and even I will say that an NF L half time show a day after the death is not the time or place to bring up the gun control debate. You got an opinion on that Bob? Great. Do something outside the NFL on NBC Show.

Edited by canuckbeliever, 03 December 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#969 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Yikes. He basically said because of poor gun control, two lives were lost. Riiiiight. He could've strangled her, stabbed her, set her on fire. The GUN didn't kill her/him. The coward himself did.

And really?? He had to say all this on Sunday Night Football, a day after the tragedy happened?

Edited by Raoul Duke, 03 December 2012 - 01:58 AM.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#970 JJC

JJC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Yikes. He basically said because of poor gun control, two lives were lost. Riiiiight. He could've strangled her, stabbed her, set her on fire. The GUN didn't kill her/him. The coward himself did.

And really?? He had to say all this on Sunday Night Football, a day after the tragedy happened?

who made dat sig?

COLTSTRONG

Posted Image

d d d d d d ddd d d d d d ddddddddd-Formally known as Jay Jay Sea

#971 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

http://sports.yahoo....27894--nfl.html

On the same day that Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher killed his 22-year-old girlfriend before taking his own life at Chiefs headquarters, an employee of the Cleveland Browns committed suicide by hanging himself in the equipment shed at the team's Berea, Ohio headquarters on Saturday, Jay Glazer reported during the Fox pregame show on Sunday.

what the hell is wrong with people :picard:

#972 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Needed Seahawks to hold on in Regulation and I would have won $100
Picked Bal-Pit, Ind-Det and Sea-Chi all as ties. I was right about all being close games at least.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#973 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

So is 7 the magic number to get into the playoffs in our CDC league? Unless Morris, Nicks and Garcon can post a combined 50 points, I will beat Pack Attack and we'll both be 7-6, but he has already clinched a playoff spot.

edit: if 7 is indeed the number looks like tony romo will just miss out on a playoff spot as will champions of nothing unless eli has a huge game tonight and bradshaw does not.

Edited by NucksPatsFan, 03 December 2012 - 11:05 AM.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

:picard:

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#974 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,800 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Sweet I'm in....

In one of my other leagues I started off 6-0, I am now currently 6-6 and I am losing by 3 right now. He is done and I have Morris left. The way my luck has been going lately, Morris gets injured in the 1st and I lose and miss the playoffs. I win and I am in. Pretty sure I lose the tiebreakers.
Posted Image

#975 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Sweet I'm in....

In one of my other leagues I started off 6-0, I am now currently 6-6 and I am losing by 3 right now. He is done and I have Morris left. The way my luck has been going lately, Morris gets injured in the 1st and I lose and miss the playoffs. I win and I am in. Pretty sure I lose the tiebreakers.

There's no way Morris gets less than 31 yards combined through rushing and receiving. Guy is a beast. You'll make it. I say this confidently cause I too have Morris in another league lol.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#976 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I'm going to come out and say that it was exactly the right time for Costas to say something. The problem people have in this country is that there is a sense of cognitive dissonance between the idea of people being murdered and the idea that guns are part of the problem. So it's perfectly ok for Bob to go on and say that the death of these people was a tragedy, but then when he rightly points out that by extension, it was preventable and that the easy availability of a murder weapon was partly responsible, he gets in trouble? Only the extreme lunacy of the gun nut movement would lead to this even being a source of conflict. The time to talk about fixing problems, like gun violence, is in the wake of that violence, especially with a problem so urgent.

Handguns exist for one purpose, and one purpose alone. To murder people. They're not for hunting, they're not for war (where killing isn't usually referred to as murder, largely a semantic difference), they are designed with only one function. Is it possible that Belcher would have murdered his girlfriend without a gun had one not been available? Of course it is: while we will never know exactly what was going through his head at the time, there are many ways for a person to kill another. However, none have the swiftness, the finality, or the potential for complete spontaneity as a handgun pointed to someone's head. However, because of the hard and tireless work of the NRA, people have learned to divorce the concept of the tool from the handyman that wields it, when the evidence that more guns means more homicides is effectively indisputable. Bob was pointing out what in any sane country or setting should have been self-evident, and that's that the most tragic thing about these senseless tragedies is that they ARE preventable, and that we are not doing enough to prevent them.

They also had no business playing that game IMO. These people need to learn a little perspective.
Posted Image

LUC BOURDON: FEB 16TH, 1987 - MAY 29TH, 2008

#977 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,800 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

There's no way Morris gets less than 31 yards combined through rushing and receiving. Guy is a beast. You'll make it. I say this confidently cause I too have Morris in another league lol.

I'm just saying with my luck lately he gets hurt first play of the game....or better yet gets hurt getting off the team bus or something.
Posted Image

#978 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Saw this today had a good laugh

Posted Image

#979 Upshall18

Upshall18

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

So is 7 the magic number to get into the playoffs in our CDC league? Unless Morris, Nicks and Garcon can post a combined 50 points, I will beat Pack Attack and we'll both be 7-6, but he has already clinched a playoff spot.

edit: if 7 is indeed the number looks like tony romo will just miss out on a playoff spot as will champions of nothing unless eli has a huge game tonight and bradshaw does not.

Ya I think you got me this week unless all three of those guys end up with multiple touchdowns :)

#980 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

there's 3.3 points for morris. you're in the clear

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#981 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Ya I think you got me this week unless all three of those guys end up with multiple touchdowns :)

100 yards and a touchdown each for them would equal 48 points. For one of them to get two touchdowns or someone to get 120 receiving or rushing yards isn't out of the question. I'm scared.

#982 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Two false statements there. 1, we're not going to win for sure. Not only are we on the road, but we barely beat them in overtime earlier in the season thanks to their receiver dropping the ball with no defenders around him. Add in that Sanchez is coming off a game where he played average (which is Elite to him and Jets fans), he'll come in to tonights game with confidence.

2) Hernandez is playing tonight unless he snaps his ankle in the hotel or something. This coming from reports by Mike Reiss anyways.

What did I tell ya? :P FOr sure win hhehehe...

Hell yeah to AFC East champs yet again!!

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#983 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

i love watching RG3 and this team actually its a shame how many dropped passes seem to occur every game on some catches that should be made

#984 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

morris is above 100 yards
garcon at 82 yards with td
luckily nicks is only at 43 yards..gonna get tight

#985 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

I'd have to think, it must suck for those guys washing those uniforms every week trying to get the grass and dirt.. I mean I know they have tons of spares but it must suck..

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#986 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

What a great game. RG3 is a super star. Now the Redskins have a chance at the playoffs. Would be great to see them make it.

#987 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'd love for the 'boys and 'skins to make it over the giants. I like jerry jones, I think he's awesome lol. That's the ONLY reason I'd wanna see them make it, just to see the old guy smile.

#988 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Did not realize 8 teams make the playoffs in our league. In my other one it's only 6 so I was under the impression it's 6 here too. wow. Guess champions of nothing and tony romo will make it afterall. They start next week.

#989 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

well

I didn't finish last in our league lol (i think)

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#990 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,589 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

well

I didn't finish last in our league lol (i think)

:(

Edited by Madness, 03 December 2012 - 10:22 PM.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes

cookie.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.