The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

His stats are equivalent to Tom Brady's since 2011.

pLwb5aQ.png

kiwzu9p.png

Not even close brosky, where do you get your numbers at?

Also Tom’s cap hit in 2014 is 14.8 mill, and 13 mill going into 2015. Whereas YA BOI SMITH is sitting at 17 mill at year.

EDIT: Oh wait I forgot, you’re the troll. Didn’t take long for me too find this. Actually the first page I searched LOL.

kktH53r.png

Edited by The Magician

Everyone has signed up now and I was in the process of entering all the picks into the system. I did have to run out for a bit, so I'll finish it off later tonight. Just remember to set your rosters the way you like it. Also not sure if the rosters I am getting from yahoo include the free agents people have picked up since the end of the draft.

I am also looking up best ways to run a football keeper league and have come across some good ideas.

I know this league is just for fun, but I'm hoping we can keep this going for a few years at least. I want to try and make it as enjoyable for everyone.

I will go over some of the options I am looking at. We do have all year to decide which one we can use.

Would anyone be against making this an auction keeper league? I'd have to check to make sure it will work since we already drafted our teams. I would just use the espn standard salaries for each player.

I understand people might not want this because they may have drafted differently to try and budget. However I believe this would be the funnest and best way to run a league.

Another one is allow 3 keepers and for example if I keep players I drafted in the first 3 rounds of the draft we just did then I forfeit make picks in the first 3 rounds next draft(unless I acquire them in a trade)

Or maybe just do straight up 3 keepers. Although looking into this more I don't like this.

Would anyone be against making this an auction keeper league? I'd have to check to make sure it will work since we already drafted our teams. I would just use the espn standard salaries for each player.

I understand people might not want this because they may have drafted differently to try and budget. However I believe this would be the funnest and best way to run a league.

Another one is allow 3 keepers and for example if I keep players I drafted in the first 3 rounds of the draft we just did then I forfeit make picks in the first 3 rounds next draft(unless I acquire them in a trade)

Or maybe just do straight up 3 keepers. Although looking into this more I don't like this.

I think that's over complicating things this close to the start of the season Edited by King Heffy

It probably seems confusing at first, but it's really not. I am just trying to see if I can make this work without you guys having to do anything

Standard ESPN leagues have a budget of $200. After adding up my roster I came away with about $132 spent. So a cap space of $68. Im assuming most people will be in that range.

I have entered in myself and madness teams using this http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/FFLranks14top300/2014-fantasy-football-rankings-preseason-top-300 as a guide for budgets.

With a $200 budget I have $70 and Madness would have $64 remaining. That is plenty of money to work with.

What happens is each player who is on your team his salary cap goes up depending on how his previous season was. Usually the most a player can go up is $10. A player must always go up at least $1. Once you feel you cannot afford that player anymore he goes back into the draft and you bid on that player again from scratch.

For example Calvin Johnson is listed at $51. Then say he has the same kind of year he did last year he would go up to $61. Eventually he will slow down and then maybe go up $5, then $2 and so on.

Edit: It's just something to think about and I think it is the best way to go about our new keeper league. Remember that I will enter in all the teams so you really don't need to do anything. Just make sure you have enough cap space to draft next season. However you want to do that is up to you.

Edited by gmen81

Nail, no one will be close to being over the cap. You can however go over the cap as much as you want during the season.

Thing is we have to figure out something and I hear this is the best way to go. Once everyone gets a full understanding of it I think everyone will like it. We can always revert back if we need to.

I think we should probably just keep as is for this year as it seems to be getting kind of complicated as Heffy said. Besides idk about everybody else, but I think the drafting system we used is just fine, I just look for some simple drafting with fantasy football, don't feel the need to make it too confusing with having to manage a salary cap on top of that