The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Good enough? Their starting corners are highly suspect. Culliver was mediocre to start with then missed all last season with a torn ACL and now has a ankle injury so they may have to drop below him on the depth chart lol All he is known for is trash talking about gays. And Tramaine Brock isnt exactly a "better than" replacement for Carlos Rogers or Tarell Brown who both went to Oakland . Good luck covering Dez Bryant in Dallas with these hobos. Aldon Smith is out for 9 games. Ray Mcdonald will probably be out longer. This defense is anything but good enough.

Seattle is now better on both sides of the ball than SF even without the injuries and suspensions SF is facing. I dont see SF winning either Seattle game this year. Levis stadium isnt gonna have the socks rocking first year they were hoping for. The analysts at NFL.com are calling for the cowboys to pull the upset hosting the 49ers on Sunday and they slid down from 2nd to 6th on the power rankings after that horrendous preseason. You did see some of their preseason didnt you? kapernickys 0 TDs and what was it, oh yeah , total of 2 field goals when their starting offence played. "fluctuating" is a kind word for it.

No I haven't watched any of their preseason games but I have kept track of final scores and box scores and I know how horrendous CK has been. SF won't have the best of the best seasons this year so we can just call it a one-off year due to injuries and a lot of other reasons. Edited by Apple Juice

Wilson is a mix of warren moon and Casey printers

Speaking of Wilson, does anyone pay attention to his Twitter?

The media hardly talks about his religion at all, even though Wilson never shuts up about it.

Yet they went nuts about Tebow.

10 points if you can figure out where the double standard lies.

I also wouldn't compare him to Moon at all.. the things that most stood out about Moon, besides getting 932489234 attempts per game, was how reckless of a thrower he was, and his immobility causing him to be sacked a crapload of times. None of which represents Wilson. I say this even though I like Moon better and would like to see Wilson get crushed (not as badly as Sherman, though he got his whack from Trent Williams already.. he'll get another by the time he sustains a career ending injury).

Edited by Mr. Ambien

So glad the NFL is back and they can show the uneducated people in Canada who still think the CFL has the better game.

I'm sorry, in the past the CFL was passable as summer entertainment and something to watch when bored of baseball, and other miscellaneous sports.

But this year has been totally brutal. Anyways enough about that.

I agree on the 49ers I see them spinning their wheels the first half of the year for sure unless they get desperate to get the offence going and take the reins of Kaepernick and let him run to open up the field.

They don't have any reliable backups for Kapernick so I understand if early on in the first quarter of the year they try to get everyone in the offence involved and let Kapernick run when they are more desperate for wins.

Also Frank Gore unlike Lynch looked to slow down last year as the playoffs went on instead of getting stronger. If he falters the bulk of the load will be on a raw rookie in Carlos Hyde. Their depth is not as good as Seattle.

The 49ers are missing Bowman, Dorsey, and Aldon Simth already, then add McDonald to that possibly in the future and that d-line and lb corps is not looking as great.

The secondary is very inexperienced and have a ton to prove with only Antoine Bethea providing reliability and veteran experience.

On paper this offence should be very good with the multitude of weapons they have to use to spread the ball around. Crabtree, Gore, Boldin, Davis, Stevie Johnson

Kapernick just has to be a facilitator like Russel Wilson is... but can/will he ever learn that is the question.

Just glad Eagles are getting the 49ers early to test themselves against a perennial power. Will also be interesting to see how effective this offence can be against Seattles #1 d later in the year.

Maxwell has shown he can be exposed at times with teams picking on him. Sherman only plays one side of the field and doesn't flip to cover the other teams' #1 receiver.

We shall see how long will that last? Or might teams discover perhaps a small crack in the mighty Seahawk defence as the season goes along?

• Upvote 1

The media hardly talks about his religion at all, even though Wilson never shuts up about it.

I also wouldn't compare him to Moon at all.. the things that most stood out about Moon, besides getting 932489234 attempts per game, was how reckless of a thrower he was, and his immobility causing him to be sacked a crapload of times. None of which represents Wilson. I say this even though I like Moon better and would like to see Wilson get crushed (not as badly as Sherman, though he got his whack from Trent Williams already.. he'll get another by the time he sustains a career ending injury).

Wilson rubs me the wrong way. Something about a guy seemingly so perfect with a perfect moral compass burning desire for achieving and success. Maybe it's just the "Go Hawks!!!" at the end of every single interview it seems he has ever done.

That is only similarity with Tebow I can think of. The being a winner and fierce competitor part plus him being a mobile qb and everyone telling him he can't play the position.

Now I understand why fans of rival teams hate the Sedins despite them not fighting or dirty hitting anyone.

If something is too good to be true it usually is in life and I can't seem to change that perception in the sports world either.

Still the irony is delicious about an angel like Wilson playing with a known thug like Lynch.

Edited by Chip Kelly

NFL Gameday on NFL Network talking about the best of all time, and it's between Montana and Brady.

Brady has him beat in winning pct, post season wins, comp pct and passer rating.

The one thing is Montana's 4 rings to Brady's 3.

Edit: I can't imagine what it would be like growing up as a kid watching your idol play and wanting to be like him, and then end up challenging him for being the best ever to play.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Wilson rubs me the wrong way. Something about a guy seemingly so perfect with a perfect moral compass burning desire for achieving and success. Maybe it's just the "Go Hawks!!!" at the end of every single interview it seems he has ever done.

That is only similarity with Tebow I can think of. The being a winner and fierce competitor part plus him being a mobile qb and everyone telling him he can't play the position.

Now I understand why fans of rival teams hate the Sedins despite them not fighting or dirty hitting anyone.

If something is too good to be true it usually is in life and I can't seem to change that perception in the sports world either.

Still the irony is delicious about an angel like Wilson playing with a known thug like Lynch.

How about all those black guys on the Eagles playing with a known racist? Hi-larious

• Upvote 1

Pure class buddy, well said. Is that what we are doing now? Wishing injury, career ending none the less, on players we don't like? Perhaps I should reserve judgement considering how poorly written your last few sentences are?

Pure class buddy, well said. Is that what we are doing now? Wishing injury, career ending none the less, on players we don't like? Perhaps I should reserve judgement considering how poorly written your last few sentences are?

You're not new to CDC, you know that everyone thinks that a player who annoys us deserves to break their neck. Sports is super cereal bruh.

Read any Brad Marchand related thread you'll see 80% of the posts are like that.

Edited by Jägermeister

You're not new to CDC, you know that everyone thinks that a player who annoys us deserves to break their neck. Sports is super cereal bruh.

Read any Brad Marchand related thread you'll see 80% of the posts are like that.

This thread has delvolved to that point many times before but time and time again the voice of reason has won out. I think most can agree this is a great place to discuss NFL football but those types of comments are unwarranted, unwelcome, and counter productive. Let's not turn this place into calgarypuck, we're better than that.

This thread has delvolved to that point many times before but time and time again the voice of reason has won out. I think most can agree this is a great place to discuss NFL football but those types of comments are unwarranted, unwelcome, and counter productive. Let's not turn this place into calgarypuck, we're better than that.

Especially against a guy like Sherman. He's a pretty genuine guy, when it comes to the game he definitely has a mouth on him, but he plays hard and clean, does a ton of work for the community, and is a great rags to riches story.

I really do find it amusing when internet tough guys say things like that though, you know they'd be too scared to say anything of the sort in person.

But, back to football.

Can't wait to head to my buddies house at 9am tomorrow, go to his theatre room, throw on RedZone, and just enjoy a solid full day of football, pizza, and beer. It's been too long.

Edited by Jägermeister

Especially against a guy like Sherman. He's a pretty genuine guy, when it comes to the game he definitely has a mouth on him, but he plays hard and clean, does a ton of work for the community, and is a great rags to riches story.

I really do find it amusing when internet tough guys say things like that though, you know they'd be too scared to say anything of the sort in person.

But, back to football.

Can't wait to head to my buddies house at 9am tomorrow, go to his theatre room, throw on RedZone, and just enjoy a solid full day of football, pizza, and beer. It's been too long.

And he obviously didn't learn from getting busted in the chops that his mouth is going to cause him trouble.

Of course I'll be watching the replays over and over when it does.. again. :lol:

trent-williams-punching-richard-sherman.