The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Kaepernic(sp?) looked good today. Possible controversy brewing?

Hernandez should be back this week for the Pats, will make up a little bit for missing Gronk. Tommy is in one of his little grooves again. He hasn't thrown a pick since October 14th. Quite a streak.

This is what bugs me. The 49ers have two solid QB's and the Seahawks can't even get one.

Eagles:

Both lines have been awful. The secondary hasn't been getting it down, or been forcing turnovers. Their best weapon, McCoy, is underutilized due to poor play calling. Quarterbacks haven't been too great either, but go back to the O-line point. Hopefully they can turn it around now, especially with good, early picks.

Why do the Vikings have to be in such a tough division? Every season they gotta worry about the Packers, Bears, and now even the Lions are becoming pretty good! Last season was not fun for me at all...

Even though I want the Bears to lose -- I kinda feel sorry for Jay Cutler -- his o-line is absolutely horrid and he's gotten injured every season for like three years in a row now because of it.

How Cowboys Stadium Has Given Dallas a Home Field Disadvantage

Source: Bleacher Report

Time: Nov 20 10:52 PM ET

Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys unveiled Cowboys Stadium in 2009, with hopes of giving the Cowboys a monstrous home field advantage for decades to come.

The $1.3 billion palace came equipped with enough sideshows to satisfy a circus, and even included the world's largest HD screen (at the time).

Things started off on the right foot. In 2009, the Wade Phillips-led Cowboys kicked off the stadium's inaugural season in style, posting a 7-1 home record, and even winning a playoff game for good measure.

That's about where the good news ended.

After 2009, the Cowboys have been a deflating 9-11 at their home base, and Eli Manning's New York Giants sport a perfect 4-0 record in the dome.

But 2012 has been especially hard to watch.

It began with a squeaker of a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and was followed up by an absolutely embarrassing loss to the Chicago Bears the following Monday.

Eli scooped up win number four a month later, and last week, the Cowboys needed overtime to claw past the Browns (after being shut out in the first half).

The games against the Bears and Giants especially stood out. In what should have been two of the biggest games on the Cowboys schedule, the home crowd was seemingly nowhere to be found.

The stadium was so darn quiet when the Bears offense took the field that it became hard to tell who the home team actually was.

And the Bears players took notice.

As reported by Darin Gantt of NBCSports, Brandon Marshall tweeted that the Monday night contest "felt like a home game" and fellow teammate Charles Woodson commented: "Cowboys Stadium felt like Soldier Field with all of the Bears fans."

No kidding.

The Giants game wasn't any better. After spotting the G-Men a 23-0 lead, the only thing that could be heard above of the ongoing chorus of: "Cruuuuuuzzzzz" from the Giants crowd, was the equally enthusiastic: "Booooooooo" from the Cowboys (un)faithful.

It was the loudest that Cowboys fans had been all year.

Jason Hatcher tried to downplay the apparent absence of fans, noting that it doesn't matter if "you can hear a cricket farting, we (the Cowboys) just got to go out there and do what we got to do."

But Jason, isn't that easier to accomplish when you have some home support?

Or at least fans who would cheer louder than a farting cricket, perhaps?

Just ask Seattle if it helps to have a supportive fan base. The Seahawks and their famed 12th man are 5-0 at home this season, with wins over the New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets and the Cowboys themselves.

But maybe the fans aren't the only ones to blame. Let's see what it costs to attend a Cowboys home game.

First you have the cost of a game ticket. The average price is right around $110, but that number is misleading. Trying to buy tickets through the Cowboys website (the only place to get them at face value) is absolutely futile.

The cheapest seats ($90 for upper deck tickets) are nearly always sold out, and the only option left to buy at face value are the $500+ club seats.

Exactly what a family of four is looking for.

No worries; that's why we have StubHub , right?

Guess again.

When seeking Cowboys seats on StubHub, one can sometimes get lucky enough to scrape together $150 tickets for upper level seating.

Multiply that out, and it equates to $600 for a family of four. About as much as a weekend vacation.

But that's only the beginning; what happens if our family gets hungry?

Home to the most expensive concessions in all the land (everything is bigger in Texas, right?) casual fans find themselves subjected to $5 bottled water, $6 fountain drinks, $10 popcorn, and $60 small pizzas (four slices).

Ain't nobody got money for that!

Parking, however is the deal-breaker.

How much is it for our family of four to park their vehicle that brought them to the game?

Seventy-five dollars.

That's right. That would be a seven, and a five. $75!?

Fun fact: the Cowboys parking rate is $30 more than any other team in the NFL.

The whole thing is just ridiculous. It's a show, a spectacular circus. Going to games at Cowboys Stadium is no longer about raucously willing the Cowboys to victory; it's about setting up an elegant cocktail party for the rich.

But have it your way, Jerry. Enjoy the palace that will forever be your stamp on the Dallas Cowboys franchise. It's what you always dreamed of, right?

By the way, enjoy the crowds whose tenacity rivals the student section of a high school girl's basketball team—on a good day.

Read more Dallas Cowboys news on BleacherReport.com

read full story...

This is everything that I don't believe in. I believe In the crowd giving energy to the team and not many side shows happening. Just football, this is what makes me question why I cheer for such a dissfunctuonal and embarrassing franchise.

Edited by Tony Romo

Houston 17-20 Detroit

Detroit desperate and they will make sure their not going to be embarrassed like last thanksgiving

Washington 32-17 Dallas

I hate to say this but there's no way our defense can stop RG3. We could barely stop Brandon weeden and the mighty browns.

And romo wont have enought time to work with he will be on his but and I won't be surprised of he gets hurt tomorrow.

New England 42-10 ny jets

Tom and bill versus mark and Rex

Putting a suggestion box for your guys thoughts on the Eagles I want the perspective of fans of other teams because I'm perplexed. :sadno:

What do you think is wrong with the Eagles?

Should they clean house or tweek the roster.

Are they underachieving based on their talent level or are they just overrated?

My two cents.

The Eagles don't care. They've stopped trying, they put in zero effort. They are both underachieving and overrated. They need to clean house. Blow the thing up, fire Andy Reid, get new fresh talent in there who actually care.

I have nothing against the Eagles, but watching them is like a car crash. It's horrible, but entertaining in a twisted kind've way.

Feels weird to wake up on a Thursday morning to football, and an awesome match up at that, followed by another important game, followed by my Pats. No classes today, had two exams yesterday, and no work today = relax and football day.

-Hope the Lions passing offense goes all out today with Jonathan Joseph out for the Texans and the Lions being at home. Starting Stafford, CJ, and Broyles , make or break time.

Patriots gonna win. For sure. The Jets are a joke. They should start Tim Tebow cuz they suck. :P I don't care if Gronk and Hernandez aren't playing, we're still going to find a way to win.

I hope Detroit wins for once on Thanksgiving.. It's been like 4 years? maybe more, in a row that they've had a thanksgiving game yet they have such bad luck

Patriots gonna win. For sure . The Jets are a joke. They should start Tim Tebow cuz they suck. :P I don't care if Gronk and Hernandez aren't playing, we're still going to find a way to win.

I hope Detroit wins for once on Thanksgiving.. It's been like 4 years? maybe more, in a row that they've had a thanksgiving game yet they have such bad luck

Two false statements there. 1, we're not going to win for sure. Not only are we on the road, but we barely beat them in overtime earlier in the season thanks to their receiver dropping the ball with no defenders around him. Add in that Sanchez is coming off a game where he played average (which is Elite to him and Jets fans), he'll come in to tonights game with confidence.

2) Hernandez is playing tonight unless he snaps his ankle in the hotel or something. This coming from reports by Mike Reiss anyways.

Houston 17-20 Detroit

Detroit desperate and they will make sure their not going to be embarrassed like last thanksgiving

21-14 at halftime. Great game so far. Two very exciting teams.

New England 42-10 ny jets

Tom and bill versus mark and Rex

I hope so. After their first meeting I'm not so sure. Especially since the Pats secondary has the ability to make a guy like Sanchez look like the second coming of Joe Montana. 300+ for Filthy Sanchez tonight for sure.

21-14 at halftime. Great game so far. Two very exciting teams.

Stafford 200+ yards and 2 touchdowns in the first half.

Megatron 100+ yards and a touchdown in first half.

Broyles 67 yards in first half.

These numbers are what I expected after a full 60 minutes, but after just 30? My fantasy team is definitely getting a boost.

To those who look solely at stats and only stats when making predictions, the Lions are showing today why I don't care much for stats except the W and L column. Stafford 0-2 on Thanksgiving, 2 touchdowns 9 interceptions, the Texans have the best 3rd down defense in the last 30 years, the Texans have a top 2 overall defence..etc..etc. Stafford is having a great game already and have a good chance at getting the W, the Texans can't seem to stop Detroit on 3rd down, Arian Foster isn't having as great a game as many would have predicted (only 36 yards, though he does have a td).

As I'm typing this, Texans get a free touchdown even though the running back was CLEARLY down by contact, his elbow, forearm and knee were all down. That is bullsh*t